Why I Won't Be Playing God of War 3

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Oddly enough, I'm expecting this to link me to an article that says "I don't own a PS3".
Your joke was subtle and looked like hostility. I read it again and laughed.

Everything I said is still true.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
This is creepily close to the exact reason I shant be getting it, despite (or maybe because of) the demo.
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Oddly enough, I'm expecting this to link me to an article that says "I don't own a PS3".
And this as well.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Susan Arendt said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Huh? I do have a PS3. I even took it with me on vacation. Maybe I'm just confused by what you're saying.
It's just my strange sense of humour, don't worry.

Wait, you took your PS3 on vacation? That's serious gaming commitment, the best I manage is a DS.
My husband and I often take a small LCD T.V. with us, along with our PS3 and or 360. If we're driving that is. Many hotel rooms don't have the right hookups.

It's a pain in the ass, but so worth it when you can't sleep in those strange beds and are up late at night.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I would but been in the UK! Damn lol.

I can agree with you on the points though, and, it does make for fine game to watch from what I saw.

I watched Dante's Inferno been played and that was entertaining!

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
meganmeave said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Susan Arendt said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Huh? I do have a PS3. I even took it with me on vacation. Maybe I'm just confused by what you're saying.

Wait, you took your PS3 on vacation? That's serious gaming commitment, the best I manage is a DS.
My husband and I often take a small LCD T.V. with us, along with our PS3 and or 360. If we're driving that is. Many hotel rooms don't have the right hookups.

It's a pain in the ass, but so worth it when you can't sleep in those strange beds and are up late at night.
I need to up my game for my next holiday then, a simple handheld just doesn't seem to cut it any more.

Though to play anything in the car I'd need loads of extension cords...

Hayate_GT

Mar 6, 2010
I totally agree with this article...was late to work today cuz i stared in slack jawed amazement as someone who works in the video game store beat the shit out of Poseidon...then QTE'd his ass to death...it was awesome...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Cpt_Oblivious said:
meganmeave said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Susan Arendt said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:

I need to up my game for my next holiday then, a simple handheld just doesn't seem to cut it any more.

Though to play anything in the car I'd need loads of extension cords...
We rented a cabin in the mountains, and I brought along the PS3 so I could play Heavy Rain at my leisure. (And got totally boned by the PSN snafu that erased trophies, but I digress.) It snowed for four days straight, so it was really nice to be able to just download a movie at night and watch some DVDs that we'd brought with us. I also read three books and played in the snow with the dog. :)

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
This article actually raises a question to me instead of providing me with answers.

Which is more glee-inducing, so to say, in GoW3? The scenery or the gameplay?

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
SaintWaldo said:
-blah blah blah-
What? That's not baiting, nor stoking the furnace of the metaphorical anything. And who's side am I on?

What the hell are you talking about man?!
Make the fire captain, full speed ahead!

bismarck55

Mar 1, 2010
I find that I don't mind watching someone else play a game as long as their better at it than me. I get frustrated watching someone make mistakes and whatnot, especially if it's an RPG.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
SaintWaldo said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Susan Arendt said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Just because Susan has a functioning brain and expresses opinions nuanced enough to occasionally be interpreted as hostile to Sony and PS3, I can assure you of the following provable facts:

1) She owns a PS3 and plays it. I have her gamertag.
2) She likes the platform, enough so that she would like to see it improve, and the only path to that is informed criticism.
3) She's not a troll, cabbage, or any other non-human sort of thing. She's 100% homo sapien gamericus and on your side (that being the PS3's side) more than you might think.

So, please, no baiting. Wait for her to actually say something you disagree with to start stoking the furnace.
Some games are more theatrical experiences then they are game playing experiences. Makes sense, it was probably the same thing for me and Prototype. Just watching the silly carnage unravel would have been enough for me.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
reg42 said:
I've never, ever played a game which was better to watch than to play.
I have.
1) The Touhou games. I can NOT do bullet hell games for the life of me, but those swirling geometric patterns and the high-octane music keep me captivated.

2) I Wanna Be The Guy.

dragontiers

The Temporally Displaced
Feb 26, 2009
I was thinking about this myself a while back when I was playing Plants VS Zombies, actually. Not that the game was a graphical masterpiece or anything, but in the later stages I found myself with tunnel vision, concentrating on picking up sun and dropping in replacement plants that I rarely even noticed the zombies unless they had stomped their way halfway across the yard. Then, watching reviews of some games like Bayonetta and God Of War III here on the site, I thought "Wow, those graphics are pretty sweet. Too bad the gameplay looks to frantic to much notice it when playing." It is nice once in a while to sit back and watch someone else play so you can soak in all the great graphical details the developers spend all their time on. It's another reason I like RPG's a bit more, as generally you have more time to notice the sweet character models and background details while waiting to input your next command. But that's just me.

bismarck55 said:
I find that I don't mind watching someone else play a game as long as their better at it than me. I get frustrated watching someone make mistakes and whatnot, especially if it's an RPG.
That's when you just make a polite little suggestion like "Hey, you know he's vulnerable to fire attacks, right?" Something not too intrusive so it doesn't feel like you're telling them how to play, but enough that you don't have to watch them fail the same fight 50 times in a row. Now if it's just bad player skill that's the problem, I don't know what to tell you.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
to Ninjamedic: nope, i'm getting it to XD

OT: i won't be playing it, not cause of a lack of PS3, but because watching Kratos being pissed off for X number of hours dosen't interest me, even for a rental, GoW, for me, is a case where, it looks good, plays good and is fun, BUT for some reason i can't force myself past the fact the main character is an unlikeable asshole with no redeeming qualitys at all.

as far as 'spectacule fighters' go (thank you those who get that) i have Bayonetta and Devil May Cry 4 ( on the PS3 anyway XD)

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
Personally, I am not a fan of hack and slash button mashers. I havent played more than 1 hour of the whole series and it doesn't bother me much.