Why Keep Your Wallet In Your Back Pocket?

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
I once rigged an empty wallet with a pull-cord firecracker and then left it very openly in sight in my back pocket. An hour later I got... notified in the subway that a pickpocket was around.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
My wallet, I don't feel as uncomfortable when I sit on it, but I feel it as I walk,so I'll know if it's gone. My bus passes are in my back left pocket, wallet in the right back, keys and change in front left and cell phone in right.

Just a balance

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
snagli said:
I once rigged an empty wallet with a pull-cord firecracker and then left it very openly in sight in my back pocket. An hour later I got... notified in the subway that a pickpocket was around.
so basically, you set off explosives in someone's hand next to a pouch of valuable paper attached to your ass.
you m'good sir, are a genius.

Mute52

Sep 22, 2009
Those clip things (pocket clip? not sure what actual name is) that hold money and cards work a lot better than a wallet for me.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
I have always kept my wallet in the outside breast pocket of my jacket... forget i said that ANYWAY!! I keep it there because its blocked by two iron buttons keeping the flap down and my other breast pocket fools people by keeping my phone in keys in it to make the pockets look the exact same. Even after that, they dont look like they have something in them and my MAN boobies are way to high for anyone to reach HAHA got you now short people!! snark snark

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
I just find it weird. Every other guy I know keeps their wallets in their back pockets. I don't understand this logic. It makes them easier to steal, since pickpockets hit your blind spots, and it is uncomfortable to sit on.

I've always kept my wallet in my front pocket so it is more comfortable to sit down on a bus or a chair, and I usually walk with my hands in my pockets, so I can hold it and know it is still there.

So yeah, weird quirk of mine I guess. Anyone else do the same? Any other social norms that you find crazy?
Carrying a wallet increases your chances of being wholly robbed. I have seen programmes about how to steal a wallet from any pocket, inside jacket pockets, back pockets, front pockets and everything inbetween.

I carry my cash loose, cards in different pockets (I mean debit card in one and ID in another) and notes in a different pocket. They take your wallet and you have nothing left.

6SteW6

Mar 25, 2011
Because having a wad of bills crumpled against my ass reminds me of my strippin' days.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
I've always kept my wallet in my front pocket so it is more comfortable to sit down on a bus or a chair, and I usually walk with my hands in my pockets, so I can hold it and know it is still there.
This is the main reason for me. I live in a small town where pickpocketing probably isn't a huge thing, but that would be added incentive. I just hate sitting on the thing, so I always put it in my front let pocket with my keys, then my cell phone in my right pocket so it doesn't get scratched.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Woodsey said:
a) Wallets look ridiculous in front pockets (a phone in the left, my house key in the right, anything more and you generally look like an idiot)
But lumpy, bulging thighs are so in this season. It's cottage cheese chic.
standokan said:
I'm an expert thrust me.
Pretty sure I'd get arrested.

Wallet in the back. Move it if I'm going to be sitting for a long while, because it will dig into my bony ass. :(

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Because there's a chain on my wallet, and it looks silly if it's not in my back-pocket.

That is all.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Never had my wallet stolen from my back pocket. Through I didn't carry it most of the time when I was in the Philippines, which might have been a good decision.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
cause than you keep at least one buttock fairly in shape. Pretty weird when you pull it out after sitting down for a while...

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I keep mine in my right pocket, typically, and my phone and keys in the left.

Jnat

Feb 1, 2010
I keep it in my left pocket along with everything else except my keys.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
thiosk said:
There is really only one relevant for this thread:

About midway through, we see the horrors of having too large a wallet on one side of the ass.
*Looks at post* ....*Looks at same episode on TV at that moment*

Well done sir

OT: Who doesn't like ass warmed cash?

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
I keep it in my back pocket when walking but take it out whenever I sit down because I can't stand how it feels. My best friend mocked me for it once, yet moments later he was complaining about his bad back getting worse every time he sits down. Interesting...

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Because my front left pocket has my phone, front right has my keys and various writing utensils, and my back has my wallet. I'm actually aware of my body so I could tell if someone was trying to take something from my back pocket and I've gotten so used to having it there that it feels weird when I take it out.

I've become almost obsessed with having my pockets this exact way, as well. Otherwise it feels weird. I would say it's a good thing, because now if I'm missing one of these things I'll notice.