Will you buy a One?

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
No. I do not want a games console and if I did the Xbone is the last one I would choose.

jibjab963

Sep 16, 2008
I will not get the console before I get the PS4. I say this not because of the console but because of the company itself. Ever since I got a 360 about 2 years after release I've been plagued with problems from not only the console, but from Microsoft itself. Every time I sent the console in for repair they sent me one that broke within a matter of weeks. The only one that did not red ring had a faulty disk tray and could not use wireless controllers of any kind. They refused to take it back because my warranty expired a while I was awaiting the new one, and the customer service at the time (all poorly outsourced workers at the time) had no clue I had an extra month because it was refurbished. Microsoft does not care for there customers at all. They don't even pretend like they do.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
I will not.

I will undoubtedly buy a PS4 as some point, when it has 10-20 games I want that are "console" exclusive. Because at the moment my 2 year old PC is still playing anything recently put out at high-max settings, so I am buying games for PC over my consoles right now, mostly because of modding.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
I was personally offended by most of those infamous "features" it initially had. Though they removed them, the "features" shouldn't have been there in the first place. I really don't think they deserve my dollar.

On the other hand, I probably wasn't going to buy one anyway. I had a 360 last gen, but only like 6 games for it after years. Most of my games were played on either PC or PS3, with the remaining being the Nintendo 'sclusives.

Even before the Xbox One became the Xbone, it didn't really appeal to me.

OpticalJunction

Jul 1, 2011
No. I have no interest in a console right now, my PC does everything I need. If I was going to buy one, I'd get a PS4. I trust sony as a company more, I have more sony hardware that has never failed me, and I've heard bad things about xbox 360's failure rate.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Microsoft showed their true colors at E3, and the public fought back like they should have. But, then they realized they were in trouble, and they panicked and backpedaled like crazy.

And people bought right back into their shit.

I can't believe that people are so ready to throw money at a company that, not more than three months ago, was perfectly prepared to fuck you in every way you could be fucked in regards to gaming.

[sub][sub]These aren't my words, but someone from /v/'s, and I absolutely agree with them[/sub][/sub]

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Nah, Microsoft would not know customer service if it made them breakfast and blew them. I'll upgrade my laptop with an SSD.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I see no notable differences between the Xbox One and the PS4.

What people are angry about now won't matter one bit a couple years from now when each console has a solid library of games. What keeps me from buying into Xbox is the 'need' to pay a subscription fee to get a good online experience and the history of unreliable hardware.

When I do eventually support the next generation of consoles, it'll be due to exclusives.
For now, my PC covers most major game releases quite nicely.

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
Aside from the fact that I don't trust them to not to re-implement the DRM policies, but I already have a PS4 pre-ordered so Microsoft lost their chance to get me as a customer.

vIRL Nightmare

Jul 30, 2013
Meh. I'll be on the fence till a few months after they're out to see what people are saying about them. PS4 has been my front runner because of exclusives though. So far Xbox has halo and titan fall (maybe, it is at least interesting), however I'm a big fan of both western and eastern games, yet one console seems to lack the majority of eastern games, while the other console has 'metaphorical' ALL 'metaphorical' the games. Even worse are the series that are on both consoles, but releases stop for the xbox since the vast majority of xbox's players seem more interested in western style than eastern. frankly I appreciate the diversity that will be supported with the PS4, especially the Indie support. After a few years and some good Indie releases we might see some pressure being put on the big producers to make better quality and unique games instead of becoming franchise ponies.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
I managed to survive this console generation without getting a 360, and there don't seem to be any compelling arguments to get me to change my purchasing habits.
So no, I will most likely stick with the ps4. And PC gaming of course. Might get a wii U if I'm convinced that it won't disappoint me as much as the wii did.

But yeah. The xbone is the least likely of the three by a significant margin. I understand completely that those who want to keep their gamerscore will be tempted. And people with friends who use xbox's will stay with them. And there's a bit of patriotism in it for the American crowd. None of that applies to me though. So yeah.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Still refuse to buy one because everything that was supposed to be mandatory and couldn't be changed wasn't mandatory and could be changed. I just don't trust the company on this console.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
I'm a PC gamer but if I had to choose a next gen console it would be the PS4.

Sony appeared to havd learned from its mistakes with the PS3 while MS is pissing what goodwill ot generated with the 360 andonly made a U turn under ectreme public pressure.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
No. Even disregarding my distaste for Microsoft products in general, I buy consoles/handhelds for JRPGs and if I want those, Sony and Nintendo have been/are/will be my source for those games just because Japanese companies will develop for other Japanese companies.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
It'll have to have some really awesome games in order to convince me to get one.

Until then, no.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
No. Lately I've returned to my roots and abandoned consoles completely. They are just so much more expensive, and have almost no customization whatsoever. Also, I have hated the Xbox department at Microsoft since those asshats put ads on my dashboard >:[

Shuu

Apr 23, 2013
No. I'm happy with my PC for now, but I'll get a console eventually. Considering that both consoles are virtually identical now, the one with the few better features will be my choice, and at the moment, that's PS4. Slightly cheaper online pay, other services offered for free but which must be bought on 180, and offered by a company that doesn't scare me as a consumer nearly as much Microsoft does right now. Of course I'd forgive Microsoft, now that they're backtracked, but I won't forget. I'll never forget. And I know full well that they didn't backtrack happily, but through gritted teeth.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Nah. They insulted my intelligence one too many times. Besides, I'd much rather play Infamous Second Son than Halo 5. Sorry Halo, I loved you, but you're turning stale.

zarker

Oct 14, 2012
Nope. For the same reason I refuse to buy a 360 or PS4. $60 a year for online? When I could use that money to buy games or upgrade my PC? Fuck that, I have little money as it is.

99% of my gaming is online with my friends, a gaming system that I don't play online is completely worthless to me.