Will you buy a One?

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
They got Killer Instinct, and that looks pretty sick. It's also the first and only fighting game available on the next gen market atm. I'll probably indulge in a One at some point.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
When the time comes that I want a new console, I'll most likely get the Xbox One.

DRM? Gone.
Always Online? Gone.
Kinect? (Mostly) Gone.

So, even though the lack of Backwards Compatibility still annoys me, it'll be nice to stick with Xbox without anything severe coming back to annoy me. Of course, I'll stick with the 360 for a while. Some of the exclusives appealed to me before the backlash anyway, Bayonetta 2 is essentially the only game I'm interested in that's not on it.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
No reason too, at this point, even with all the backtracking. I couldn't care less about the Kinect, and they have no exclusive games that I would want to play, since I'm also on PC. The PS4 looks more attractive with its lower price tag (not that I'd get one for years anyway) and more games I'd want to play that won't end up on the PC as well.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Never. Why are people so quick to forgive the 360's failure rate? are we really just going to cross our fingers and hope they don't screw us again? They did already with no remorse, they will do it again.

yungr3zzyson

Oct 5, 2010
Zeckt said:
Never. Why are people so quick to forgive the 360's failure rate? are we really just going to cross our fingers and hope they don't screw us again? They did already with no remorse, they will do it again.
Why? Because they know what the problem was that made them fail so often, and with that knowledge they can incorporate that into the XBOX One.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Certainly won't get it at launch. Not the PS4 either. I'm getting the feeling that the whole next generation of consoles may be a failure and the AAA game devs may shift focus to the PC again. Can't say for sure, though, so I'll give it some time before I make a decision.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
No. To be fair, I never intended to, even before all the Microsoft nonsense (how can you still deal with a company that clearly has no idea what its customers want? Buying a console isn't just a one-off deal for many people, it's a commitment for several years).

I've always been more inclined towards the Playstation exclusives and it seems the PS4 seems to become my console just like the PS3 was, though probably not at launch.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
On principle, no. Even with all the 180s, the Xbone is still designed to pump as much money from me as it can, all while shoving advertisements in my face. Not to mention I don't trust Microsoft not to go ahead and make it a 360 and bring all of those "features" right back once they have the install base.

But even if I didn't think Microsoft were the ultimate scumlords, I still wouldn't buy an Xbone because I'm far more interested in the PS4 for its exclusives (both confirmed and potential), and just a dash of brand loyalty if I'm being honest.

I've never bought a Microsoft console before, and they aren't really giving me many reasons to start now.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
No, I still won't be buying an Xbone; one of the reasons being that I have become very happy gaming on my PC over the last 3 years. Even if I was planning to buy one it certainly wouldn't be at launch, as this handy little video will explain.

It's great that they've reversed a lot of the bad decisions that made the console utterly abhorrent, but at the end of the day it's still just a console, and I have trouble justifying the money I'd spend on it when my PC has become my uber console.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
yungr3zzyson said:
Zeckt said:
Why? Because they know what the problem was that made them fail so often, and with that knowledge they can incorporate that into the XBOX One.
Then you have faith in Microsoft that I have forever lost myself. It was not just 3 consoles for me, but 4 wireless controllers. BOTH my limited edition controllers died in 4 months so limited edition to microsoft must mean limited till it BREAKS edition. I hate microsoft so much, I want to see them BURN.

Haakmed

Oct 29, 2010
No.

2 reasons

1) My PC works great for what I want out of games.

2) GTA 5 not on next gens.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Not in the foreseeable future. Yes they have gotten rid of most of the bad stuff, but they are still keeping all of the things I hated about the 360 with the addition that I'd need to spend an extra £100 or so on a camera/microphone that I don't want and would never use.

The exclusive line-up isn't that impressive either, almost all of them I could buy on the PC if I really wanted (after upgrading) so there really is no reason to get one except my friends are doing it. If they want to buy me one then they are welcome to, but there is no way on earth I am spending £429 on the thing.

Haakmed said:
2) GTA 5 not on next gens.
EDIT: My apologies, I genuinely thought that it was. I am very much surprised that they haven't decided to, seeing as releasing it so close to the next gen seems like a very bad idea for such a huge game. You'd think they'd have saved it for once they were released and made it a launch title. It'd have been a console buyer for sure.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I'm going to be honest here and say that I might. If there are any good games that will be exclusive for it then I will start considering it somewhere down the line.

However as it is now there are a lot of things that I didn't like with the 360 (which overall I thought was a decent console):
I didn't like that we had to pay to access online material such as Netflix, Facebook (not that I really needed to access it) or the internet browser. Yeah, I find it weird to pay Microsoft money to access things I have already paid for.
I didn't like how they forced me to use Norwegian. Yes, it's my native language, but that doesn't mean I want to play any games with the language or have my menus in Norwegian.
I didn't like how the dashboard changed with the later updates to fit Kinect and I didn't like Kinect.

Now Microsoft has decided to keep the things I didn't like and add more things I do not like. The features that I find interesting with the TV applications aren't available here so that is only a disappointment to me. They decided not to release it here this year which makes me kinda annoyed. They forces the Kinect down our throats and into our houses.

Then there is my beef against Microsoft as a company. Well they have done a horrible job of actually talking to their potential customers generating a whole lot of confusion. There's no-one who really knows how the game sharing thing was supposed to work. They were quite scared of confirming anything concerning DRM. They were quite cocky about people who did not like their DRM (lol buy a 360 losers). Then last they have shown their hand now, we know that they want to implement DRM and there's always the chance they bring it back.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
Absolutely, I can't wait. I am enticed by the games, the additional functions and I think Kinect is a really fun device.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Its a possibility I mean I got an Xbox and 360 despite actively disliking Microsoft as a company because there were some good games on the systems but Xbox One is not on the cards at all atm mainly because the price is ridiculous.

Game wise it does have Killer Instinct but I have yet to see if that turns out any good or even how they are going to release it as a drip fed pay to play fighter is not what I want if there is a f2p version but the option to buy the complete version ala DOA5U then I have no problems with them doing that.

Other than that neither the PS4 or One have any games I want atm but the PS4 is looking the better option mostly down to price really and ofc I am especially wary of Microsoft now given the frankly horrific levels of hardware failure this gen and the shit they tried to pull.

I will take another look in a few years on the One and decide then first I will be getting the WiiU and then the PS4.

EDIT:I am keeping up to date with news on KI and am well aware of the companies track record which does add to my scepticism. I want the game to be good but I am not holding out a huge amount of hope. If they do produce a good game and have an actual good release model i.e actually release the game digitally and on retail (which isnt happening atm) and actually release a full game not just one with a few possible characters (again dosent sound hopeful atm) because the rest are still in development then I will most likely get the game when/if I get an Xbox One.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Nope. £429 is too steep for something with that amount of bullshit attached, especially considering I'm off to university in the next month, where it would have to compete with food, rent, books, PC games and various other hobby things. In fact the likelihood of me getting one of next-gen consoles is slim to none for the same reason.

romanator0

Jun 3, 2011
Nope. I see literally no reason for me to even consider thinking about looking into possibly purchasing an Xbone. As far as I can see there is literally nothing the Xbone can do that I can't already do with my PC or my TV.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I may in a few years, just to make sure that they don't re flipflop on their policies, and I can get it after a sweet price drop. Granted I said may, I love Halo a whole bunch, but I was so turned off by their original attitudes about the One which will make me apprehensive about putting down a few hundred bucks to support it. Either way, the fact I can still have a choice between consoles is good enough, if Microsoft changes their minds again, I will be happy with Wii U and PS4.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
If they release a version that doesn't come with that gimmicky piece of shit Kinect then I'll pick one up if there's ever an exclusive I desperately need.

Considering the majority of Microsoft exclusives are dudebro shooters I don't think that'll be happening any time soon.