Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
The Event said:
Asita said:
...Say what now?

"Your current/future wife/husband has the absolute perfect body and personality" but "You meet them when you're both 15 and they are the only person you can ever date and you can never cheat"

You can never cheat on your ideal mate...how the heck is that a downside?
Unfortunately some of the people submitting questions to the site don't seem to understand what the word "downside" means
Tell me about it. "You will become a wizard and go to Hogwarts" but "you will never be normal again"...

And some of them obviously are trying, but they really don't seem to have thought it through (or perhaps are deliberately creating loopholes). For instance, I found one that said that I'd have the powers of any fictional character of my choice but the downside is that it would instantly, completely, and permanently turn me into the opposite sex. Now to get it out of the way, I see that as perhaps immediately awkward but it strikes me more as "meh" than "no!" situation, so it isn't exactly dissuasive to me...and that's before we take into account the fact that one can easily game the system there for most intents and purposes simply by choosing the right powerset (like, say, that of Mystique).

On the flip side there are a few interesting ones in there, like "Your ideal soulmate comes to life" but "s/he will die after spending three years with you". Major upside, major downside. That submitter gets it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
First Button:

"You will save the humanity from the ultimate evil, but will never receive credit for it and be forever blamed for the methods you used."

Grammar error aside, this one's pretty easy. Part of being a hero is taking action without expecting reward or accolades, that is to say acting selflessly because it's the right thing to do. And since "the methods I used" would be...pushing a button, apparently, then that's some "blame" that I can live with. So sure, I'm in a good mood right now so I'd press the button to save the day. :p

Second Button:

"You can have any car you like at any given time, but Hitler will always be riding shotgun."

Car Summoning Ability with Hitler. Well I don't speak German so I wouldn't understand his racist rantings, and seeing as how he'd not have the political or military backing he had back in WWII, he really wouldn't be a threat to society anymore. Sure, I'd push it. :p

And the third button:

"You are Immortal, but you spend the rest of your life in jail."

Soooooooo "Push this button to receive eternal punishment and confinement for absolutely no reason." No thanks, I'll pass on this one. :p

Seriously, that last one is just stupid.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
"You cure world hunger forever but you become obese for the rest of your life."

Nope. Selfish sure, but I'm not helping out the world in ways that have little relevance to me, at my own expense.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
http://willyoupressthebutton.com/9181

"You permanently switch to an attractive member of the opposite gender, and people you know remember you as always being of that gender etc." but "You can never go back to being your original gender."

That not being able to change back part is kind of redundant seeing as they already said you permanently switch. But sure, I'd press it. Wouldn't mind being a member of the opposite sex and that reality sorting itself out so it was always that way is really nice.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Second Button:

"You can have any car you like at any given time, but Hitler will always be riding shotgun."

Car Summoning Ability with Hitler. Well I don't speak German so I wouldn't understand his racist rantings, and seeing as how he'd not have the political or military backing he had back in WWII, he really wouldn't be a threat to society anymore. Sure, I'd push it. :p
Dude, you're blatantly ignoring the potential financial prospects! Charge people $10 000 a pop to kill Hitler, then just summon another car right up. UNLIMITED MONEY!

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
"You can enter any reality from any game, movie, tv show, or book, but you are stuck in that reality forever and are unable to change the plot or the endings."

The idealist in me wants to stay attached to reality, but uh...there's probably some universe I can think of where that wouldn't be an undesirable outcome.

So...I'll just keep my finger rested on the button!

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
You get to hang out with any person or being that you want to, living or dead, fictional or real, for one day, doing whatever you want.

but,

You have to kill them when the day is over.

I said no. I don't want to kill anyone, let alone someone I like. I'm sure it would scar me for life.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
Choice 1: "You now have a Green Lantern ring." BUT "You must go on patrol in space as a Green Lantern and can never see your friends, family or lover again."

Hmmm...tempting but I'm not too fond of the Green Lanterns in the first place so I'll pass.

Next choice:

You have the ability to rewind time for ten seconds
but
Each time you do it, you gain one pound.

Ten seconds? Seriously, that's all? Not fucking worth it.

Fourth time and finally a really good one!

You can go into fictional wolds
but
You can never read a book again

I hardly read actual books anymore anyway. And since it specifically said "books" that means fanfiction is still game. With a loophole like that, I'll take it!

spartenX

Oct 2, 2009
You can change anything about your body you want, whenever you want (gender included)

but

You are in extreme pain for one day every time you do

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
First I got was physically travel the net, but I'm stuck on Tumblr. Could not scream FUCK NO loud enough.

Next one I said yes to was teleport anywhere on Earth I want, but I die in 25 years. I see no downside to this. Free vacation whenever I want, unlimited money via constant robbery, and an awesome party trick to gurantee I always have somewhere to waste time and someone to party it up with. Oh hell yes, the next 25 years will be win! Hell, who needs the whole 25; I'll have done everything I want in like 3, maybe 5 tops, maybe do some government espionage work for shits n' giggles.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I did a couple of them and got:

"You can create anything you think of but you never get full credit for it."

I think creating stuff beneficial for people is better for itself than the credit received for doing so, so I definitely would go for that.

"You have all the powers of superman but the one you love the most is constantly trying to kill you."

Taking into consideration it gives no motivation behind the attempts to kill me, I'll just assume that they are doing it for fun, knowing it will never work. I'd probably laugh along in that case.

theNater

Feb 11, 2011
Took a couple of tries, but I was finally able to become the most intelligent person in the world(even able to master any video game!) at the cost of the use of my legs(unfixably-prosthetics not allowed). Now I'm off to do superscience in my wheelchair accessible lab!

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
You can listen to your favorite song as many times as you like without ever getting tired of it.
but
You have to wake up to "Never Gonna Give You Up" as your alarm every morning for the rest of your life.

SOOOoooo... No down side. I wake up every morning to a song that I'll never grow tired of. WIN!

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
You may become the world's most powerful magician.
but
your family will die within twenty four hours of your ascension.

Not, as 73% also. My family is more important than just being a magician.

CAPTCHA: and that's the way it is.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
"You get to relive your life with all the knowledge you have now but cannot recreate any of the friendships or relationships you had."

Was the one that I pressed first for, I think they actually got the idea pretty we as well.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
bartholen said:
RJ 17 said:
Second Button:

Dude, you're blatantly ignoring the potential financial prospects! Charge people $10 000 a pop to kill Hitler, then just summon another car right up. UNLIMITED MONEY!
Not to mention selling the cars afterwords. :p

Lera00

Oct 26, 2014
So
"you can stop time at any given moment"
BUT
"bread tastes slightly more like oatmeal"

Well... i kinda like oatmeal so...
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/give_it_to_me.gif

Millky95

Nov 19, 2009
http://willyoupressthebutton.com/9972/yes

You will own every game on Steam, even new ones but You will be blamed for Half Life 3 never being released.

Never hit the button faster in my life