Woman Claims to Own the Sun

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Caligulust said:
Wait... does anyone own other planets? Or their moons?

There's money to be made.
I initiate the universal protocal of "DIBS" on Saturn......DIBS!!!!!

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Dibs on the moon Titan!
OT: I can just see it now...
"Sun taxation causes world wide depression..."

"US annexes sun, heavy casualties."

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
If a Government can't own Sol, then how did she legally (i.e. state permission) to own the sun?

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
I'm sorry, but if she's the first one to legally file for ownership of the Sun, she deserves whatever money she can make off of idiots. Unless off course she tries to make money off the general population by charging for sun use.

Better question: Can people with skin cancer sue her now?

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
I move that the international law be changed so that they only way an individual can own a celestial body is by actually landing on it. There, we'll kick start our space program by getting nutjobs and capitalists to throw themselves into space with rockets.

Who did she register ownership of the sun with? If it was just the Spanish government then it's not legal in any way, and I assume that she didn't exactly take it to the U.N. or anything.

I'll be right back, I'm off to claim Uranus, scientists think that it might have large amounts of diamonds present, if we ever get there I'll be damn rich. But the jokes will probably never end.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
FaceFaceFace said:
I'm sorry, but if she's the first one to legally file for ownership of the Sun, she deserves whatever money she can make off of idiots. Unless off course she tries to make money off the general population by charging for sun use.

Better question: Can people with skin cancer sue her now?

Oooh Let's hope they can MWahahahah

Korias

Sep 9, 2009
Anarchemitis said:
She can have it for all I care. She'll be in court battles for years about it, but everyone who sustains damage on Earth would be more than happy for someone who would have legal responsibility for Large Solar Flares. Therefore, someone to complain to.
Oh HELL YES.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Talk about stupidity... It would be one thing to do it as a joke to highlight an issue with a law or treaty, but to do it with the intention of making money... that's just dumb.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Anarchemitis said:
She can have it for all I care. She'll be in court battles for years about it, but everyone who sustains damage on Earth would be more than happy for someone who would have legal responsibility for Large Solar Flares. Therefore, someone to complain to.
Yep! You heard her, folks! Take ALL your sun-related grievances to her!

Got no power due to the sun being blocked? Call her to make it shine again!
If you get sunburned, she can get SUEburned!

OT: I don't see this lasting very long at all. Though, if the actual "fee" IS collected, it'd be nice to see at least SOME of it going to help people.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
wow, well there goes all the money towards solar power, because that is place she could make a fortune.

i dont know why but i dont find these things funny, quite the opposite, i hate the person who did it and then im disappointed that it worked, its like when people sue because they did something wrong, and still end up winning.

Korias

Sep 9, 2009
Geo Da Sponge said:
9NineBreaker9 said:
I think I just spent most of today pirating the Sun.
See? Piracy is a real problem! Almost 7 billion people pirate the sun every day!
Shhhh! Don't give the pirates a proof of concept!!!!

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Caligulust said:
Madara XIII said:
Caligulust said:
Wait... does anyone own other planets? Or their moons?

There's money to be made.
I initiate the universal protocal of "DIBS" on Saturn......DIBS!!!!!
Dibs on Uranus.
Damnit saw that coming...hmmm DIBS on Mars. I have much evil plans to enact, especially ones that involve demonic aliens from hell tearing loose on a space station thus causing us to send a badass Space Marine with a BFG9000 off to fight.....I Shall call it DOOM. It's completely original

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
*Headdesk*

Ok, i own the moon now, end of story. And sense we all can apparentley own giant balls of gas that everyone uses, i call dibs on the air on earth, im also charging a 5 cent fee a day, start paying up people.