Woman Claims to Own the Sun

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
If she owns the Sun can I sue her for damages caused by solar flares and excessive sunlight in the summer?

Seeing people trying to do stuff like this boggles the mind. Unless it's just for kicks, and I doubt this it.

JJMUG

Jan 23, 2010
Anarchemitis said:
She can have it for all I care. She'll be in court battles for years about it, but everyone who sustains damage on Earth would be more than happy for someone who would have legal responsibility for Large Solar Flares.
Lets immediately file a lawsuit for solar flares, and lets say contributing to Global Climate change for fun?

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Apophis47_NZ said:
Sweet. We now have someone to sue if we get skin cancer
My thoughts exactly. Clever.

Still, I'm honestly dumbstruck. How ludicrous is this?

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
I'm not sure whether to laugh hysterically or sob horribly at the shear ridiculousness of this shit.

Seriously, no logically thinking human being can't see something wrong here.

*Crosses fingers*
Please be a troll...
Please be a troll...
Please be a troll...

ZehGeek

[-Militaires Sans Frontieres-]
Aug 12, 2009
Wow...uhhh.....did I miss something..?
Did the average IQ level drop when I turned around or have I been actualy keeping smart in a cave..?
Can someone try to own Jupiter now...? Or the whole Solar System...?
Though now, like someone posted earlier, if someone gets skin cancer, they know who to sue for being a idiot and not using sun block. >___> <___<

dnnydllr

Apr 5, 2009
She doesn't have a flag. She can't own the sun if she doesn't have a flag. I, however, do have a flag. I own the sun.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Any lawyer or judge that actually enforces any of her charges...surely that kind of human stupidity doesn't exist.

...Or perhaps, it's just waiting to be invented.
Either way. I'm not paying her shit.

9-liner

Dec 19, 2008
Well I am, all of a sudden, the owner of the element Oxygen. This lady nows owes me back rent from her solar radiation traveling through my part of the atmosphere. If she want to complain, I'll charge her for every breath she takes.

Also, is nighttime considered a breach of contract on her part?

SentryGun

Mar 15, 2010
Well seeing as I'm a citizen of a un nation and the un doesn't recognize her claim... well lets just say we WILL colonize the sun before she gets any money from me.

also just puttin it out there

SHOTGUN MARS!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
If this is legal under international law then I think we should change international law.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
She better not try to charge me for going outside on a sunny day. To top it off, who would want to own the sun? The moon I can understand, but the sun?