Woman Seduces Teen She Met on Xbox Live, Gets Busted

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
All of these "victims", even the one last year, were boys- and probably very content as well. I have a hard time thinking they are going to be severely traumatized by this.

awesomeClaw said:
But on second thought, the woman in this picture doesn´t really look like a nice, healthy person, so in this case, she should be charged.
Remember that this photo was taken after she was arrested, there's no way of knowing how she usually look. And judging if a person should be charged with rape or not solely on his/her appearance sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

konor77

Aug 26, 2009
hmm i'm not sure about this. On the one hand we don't know how the kid is about the whole thing he could be rather pleased with himself and totally cool with the whole thing, but on the other hand there's the law and it'd be bullshit if she got off cause she was a woman.
I want her to get as much jail time as a man but i don't think she will or ought get as much of the hate as a dude would.

Feb 13, 2008
thaluikhain said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Just goes to show you that there is no gender difference between the sick fucks out there.
There is quite a disparity of numbers.
There's a disparity of reported numbers. There's a MASSIVE disparity in shelters available for the victims.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
awesomeClaw said:
Susan Arendt said:
Absolutely horrifying. He's a child...and probably quite close to one of her own children in age. He's bound to be confused by everything. Hopefully his parents will get him the support he needs.

awesomeClaw said:
Personally, i think if the kid agreed to it, why not?

But if she raped him, she´s a seriously sick dude. Like, Hitler sick.
But again, if the kid agreed...
It's statutory rape. He's not mature enough to make that decision and understand the ramifications. Doesn't matter if he thought it was a great idea or not - it's too easy for an adult to manipulate a child.
I see where you´re coming from.

But let´s look at this whole "Manipulating" business.

Marketers manipulate people to feel and think things all the time. But that´s not "statutory mind rape" because of it. They manipulate people into wasting their money, but they´re not charged because of it. Hell, someone has probably been mentally and physically injured because of wasting their money because of marketers. But it´s not their fault that the person made the wrong descision.

But on second thought, the woman in this picture doesn´t really look like a nice, healthy person, so in this case, she should be charged. But in another case, like if a 25 year old had sex with a 14 year old, the 14 year old made the wrong descision if (s)he regrets it - you can´t blame the 25 year old.
You cannot possibly be comparing advertising to someone sexually assaulting a child. Seriously, you just can't.

ItsAChiaotzu said:
I never really understood this argument, it doesn't make any sense to assume that all 15 year olds are too immature to have sex and all 16 year olds are mature enough to have sex. I mean, considering sex is our primary purpose biologically, there's no reason that consensual sex should be illegal, it's insulting to assume this kid is so stupid he doesn't understand the ramifications of sex.
I understand where you're coming from, and it's certainly an imperfect scale. Not all 13 year olds are created equal...or, hell, 20 year olds or 35 year olds, for that matter. Also, the difference between, say, an 18 year old having sex with someone "underage" (which could be 16, depending on the location) is vastly different than the situation we have here, and yet legally the same charge would apply.

Also, I never said the kid was stupid...I said at 13 it was unlikely he was mature enough to understand the ramifications of what was happening. That's not a knock against him - there's no reason someone that age should be that mature. There's nothing wrong with being immature when you're young. You're supposed to be.

Oh That Dude

Nov 22, 2009
ItsAChiaotzu said:
Susan Arendt said:
Absolutely horrifying. He's a child...and probably quite close to one of her own children in age. He's bound to be confused by everything. Hopefully his parents will get him the support he needs.

awesomeClaw said:

But if she raped him, she´s a seriously sick dude. Like, Hitler sick.
But again, if the kid agreed...
It's statutory rape. He's not mature enough to make that decision and understand the ramifications. Doesn't matter if he thought it was a great idea or not - it's too easy for an adult to manipulate a child.
I never really understood this argument, it doesn't make any sense to assume that all 15 year olds are too immature to have sex and all 16 year olds are mature enough to have sex. I mean, considering sex is our primary purpose biologically, there's no reason that consensual sex should be illegal, it's insulting to assume this kid is so stupid he doesn't understand the ramifications of sex.
It's also much much safer to assume that he's stupid: how many 13 year olds did/do you know that are mature enough to decide that?

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
ItsAChiaotzu said:
it's insulting to assume this kid is so stupid he doesn't understand the ramifications of sex.
And it's naive to think that every decision he'd make about it would be one filled with education and insightful wisdom. He's freakin' 13 years old who mistook a 36 year old woman for 23. Can't say the guy is a genius. And with the state of the education system, I can't say this kid would be fully versed in the ramifications of sex. I know 20-somethings who aren't, for crying out loud.

Did they used protection? The kid could have got an STI, or AIDS, or this dumb broad could have got herself pregnant. There is a reason that these laws exist. And call it 'insulting' all you want, but a 13 year old is in no position to claim to be 'ready' to enter into a sexual relationship. It's beyond naive, and it's just careless and idiotic.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Swaki said:
that's low man, sure child molesters are universally regarded as bad people, but there is no need to show a picture of her, especially when she has kids, you are not hurting her, shes going to jail, but her kids dont need schoolmates (the chance that some of the kids who go to their school visiting this site is pretty big) to know, and heck even if they dont plastering her face around is in poor taste, its not like she is on the run and you could hope that someone could contact the police with information about her.
I agree 100% on that.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
Baby Tea said:
awesomeClaw said:
Because the child is 13.
This isn't an 18 year old who at least some semblance, however small, of education and life experience. This is a 13 year old child who was manipulated by a 36 year old woman who knows better. She preyed on his youth and ignorance with lies and deceit for her own benefit. He was used by this selfish monster of a woman, and now he'll have to work through that potentially damaging fact. THAT is 'why not'.

Geez, people.
I mean, I know this is the internet...but come on.
Oh wow. Even if you can't remember yourself as 13, I can. What if he asked her? Begged her even? She's still a selfish monster?

No, a monster she would have been if she knew she were probably hurting the kid. If these boys were even close to normal (which would also mean they were highly consent), sure, I mean- she probably shouldn't have- but calling her a monster?

Anyway, 13 is young, but remember that the age of consent in Japan is actually 13. And while I agree this is a bit extreme, many other western nations are not too far away (Sweden- 15 etc.).

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
The Hairminator said:
Oh wow. Even if you can't remember yourself as 13, I can. What if he asked her? Begged her even? She's still a selfish monster?
YES.
She should know better. ESPECIALLY as a mother of 3.

No, a monster she would have been if she knew she were probably hurting the kid. If these boys were even close to normal (which would also mean they were highly consent), sure, I mean- she probably shouldn't have- but calling her a monster?
Look at the facts! She's a 36 year old woman who had sex with a 13 year old boy, after lying about her age! Yeah, that's monstrous. Why would she lie about something like that if she wasn't trying to prey on people? If she was just out to have fun playing games online, then who the hell cares?

Anyway, 13 is young, but remember that the age of consent in Japan is actually 13. And while I agree this is a bit extreme, many other western nations are not too far away (Sweden- 15 etc.).
I don't give a shit if Japan's age of consent is 2.
This goes beyond legal loopholes. It's ethically and morally horrific. The child is 13 years old, and this 36 year old woman has no place or reason to sexually engage this child unless she's a selfish monster. She needs serious help.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
BioTox said:
loc978 said:
I'll bet that kid's really confused, and more than a little disillusioned now.
I blame the parents and Microsoft for providing him with XBox Live.
Why would you blame a company? The parent choose to buy it for him and not to monitor what he's watching/playing or who he is interacting with online. That's not Microsoft's job or fault. The kid gave out his personal information to the woman.

Yes, I think it's a really bad thing she did but you cannot blame a company for providing a service. They are not the ones that were exploiting it. Video games already get a bad enough wrap. The woman gets what she deserves.
Plus the woman also sent him text messages over his phone, so it's not all on Xbox Live anyway. Are we going to lynch whichever cell phone provider both the woman and the boy had once we get done with Microsoft? Please.

Disgusting fucks like that will use whatever they can. Xbox Live, Facebook, instant messengers, anything they can. The people deserve the scorn are the sick fucks themselves, not the people who provide communication services.

Honestly though, I would have expected that silly "blame Microsoft!" crap on Fox News, not on a site that is full of people who love gaming and should know better than to blame all of life's problems on it.

Critical_Sneeze

Oct 19, 2010
HG131 said:
Baby Tea said:
The Hairminator said:
YES.
She should know better. ESPECIALLY as a mother of 3.
I can't believe I'm asking this, but how is doing something someone else wants selfish?
Cuz her parenting ability from prison is gonna be pretty limited.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
Baby Tea said:
It's ethically and morally horrific. The child is 13 years old, and this 36 year old woman has no place or reason to sexually engage this child unless she's a selfish monster. She needs serious help.
Because of her crimes to the child?

I would probably have thanked her at that age. But I agree, she obviously has some issues if she as a 36 year old mother of three feels she has to have sex with underage boys across the country- no argument there. I feel way more sorry for her (more specifically; for her children) than for any of the "poor victims".