Woman Tries To Hire Hitman Via Facebook

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Woman Tries To Hire Hitman Via Facebook

No, really. This actually happened.

Facebook is used to meet a lot of people these days. It's used to meet new friends, to find dates, and even to make business contacts. However, this is a pretty unusual use for the social network: A young mother was recently busted for trying to find a hitman on Facebook.

20-year-old Eley London of Philadelphia was arrested last week after she made an insane-sounding status update: "I will pay somebody a stack to kill my baby father." In case you're unaware, "a stack" is $1,000.

It turns out that London wound up generating some interest in her offer, and found herself with a genuine offer. Investigators are saying that an 18-year-old named Tim Bynum replied to London's status update, saying he'd be willing to carry out the hit so long as he was paid up front. Meanwhile, the planned target of this would-be assassination was one Corey Jerome White. White's mother saw London's status and the ensuing messages on Facebook, so she contacted her son. Shortly after that, the authorities got involved, arrests were made, and (presumably) faces were palmed.

London was arrested on June 10, charged with conspiracy to commit murder, and is being held on $250,000 bail. Bynum was arrested two days later, charged with attempted murder and a weapons charge, and is currently being held on $350,000 bail.

According to Lieutenant John Walker, "It's shocking that people are just so stupid."

Truer words were never spoken.

Source: MSNBC

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
John Walker said it best in that quote.

Things like this make me love the internet.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Should've used Craigslist.

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that she tried to do this or the fact that someone was actually going to take her up on the offer.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
killamanhunter said:
-Samurai- said:
Things like this make me love the internet.
and prove my point that most people are morons
Not really, this only makes the news because it is so out of the way stupid.

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
Good God.

Not even the Epic Facepalm Compilation can express the immense magnitude of fail these two have excreted.

Feb 13, 2008
Bookface. Where would we keep the idiots without you?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107811-Criminal-Genius-Seeks-Hitman-on-Facebook

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Psh stupid kid expected it, cash up front. No professional ever asks for all up front, because it doesn't work that way.

Half up front, half after job completed, that's how it works for both people.

Oh, and it is amazing how dumb people can be.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
bleachigo10 said:
Actually, yeah, loads of illegal stuff is done via there...child prostitution, for example.

linkvegeta said:
I remember reading something similar to this a few months ago.
Yeah, thought it'd be old news when I saw the headline.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
She deserves to sit in Jail for the sheer stupidity of the act, but if Darwinism would come to its course she would have been left behind by her mother as an infant .
How damn stupid can you be?

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Bookface. Where would we keep the idiots without you?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107811-Criminal-Genius-Seeks-Hitman-on-Facebook
Apparently we keep them in Pennsylvania. I smell a new Pennsylvania stereotype being born.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
thaluikhain said:
bleachigo10 said:
Actually, yeah, loads of illegal stuff is done via there...child prostitution, for example.
People sell children on Craigslist? Well, that's one of the worse things I've ever heard in my life... I'ma cry a little now :(

Scikosomatic

Sep 15, 2009
didn't anyone assume they might have just been playing around? I mean, the guy would have to already have been on her friends list, and wtf why post that when the husbands mother is also on her friends list?

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
The reason I'm not surprised or shocked is because I swear to god this has already happened before, on facebook too.

Seeing that there's an obvious demand for this kinda thing I propose we make an app, "hitman4u" which offers you the most up to date price comparisons and ratings on all our hitmen! Discretion guaranteed.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
This reminds me of that Bruce Willis movie.

Maybe it's time I shut down my PsychosForHire fanpage.