Words that have lost all meaning to you...

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:
I can't think of anyway to pad this first post out, so are there any words that mean nothing to you anymore?

If it has an interesting story then throw that in too, my word is "hint"... I just used it and I found myself staring at it for 5 minutes wondering if that is even real. :D
Leadership.
For some reason I think there is a hidden motive behind this post, its insane but hear me out... Okay, you quoted my first post so you must have wanted me to see it and all you said was "Leadership."... thats the part that has me stumped, but of course there is no merit to my paranoia for I am a mixture of tired and filled with energy drinks. :D
7 days.
Okay, I am freakin' out.

I cant handle leadership and if I have any chance of leadership skills it will take longer than 7 days to develop. :O

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Most of the english language. Its been prety thoroughly butchered and nothing has its origional meaning anymore

Elminsters Hat

Sep 3, 2008
"Fact" - every terrible e-debater, journalist, blogger and Wendy commercial is talking about these like saying 'fact' three times in a row makes whatever nonsense they're blurting out come true. Facts are great, because they're facts, please don't spoil them by rubbing your Sarah Palin propaganda on them.

lol - no, you're not laughing out loud, especially not to that youtube video. This is the internet so I can't expect too much, but a well thought out and well executed joke does not fall in the same category as a Katt Williams clip, no matter how terrible your taste is.

Epic (Whatever) - if you overhear somebody in your vicinity saying this probably nothing noteworthy is happening and said somebody needs to be punted in the head. Special mention: Epic fail - I overheard a girl saying this on the beach when he friend dropped her keys in the sand. It's just keys in the sand, calm down! Let's all agree to this: unless there is, at the very least, a dinosaur involved, something does not qualify as "epic".

Ignignoct

Feb 14, 2009
Evil Jak said:
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:
I can't think of anyway to pad this first post out, so are there any words that mean nothing to you anymore?

If it has an interesting story then throw that in too, my word is "hint"... I just used it and I found myself staring at it for 5 minutes wondering if that is even real. :D
Leadership.
For some reason I think there is a hidden motive behind this post, its insane but hear me out... Okay, you quoted my first post so you must have wanted me to see it and all you said was "Leadership."... thats the part that has me stumped, but of course there is no merit to my paranoia for I am a mixture of tired and filled with energy drinks. :D
7 days.
Okay, I am freakin' out.

I cant handle leadership and if I have any chance of leadership skills it will take longer than 7 days to develop. :O
I can't wait.

To know you.

Look outside your window in ~3 minutes.

Look for the smiles.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
SODAssault said:
"Terrorist/Terrorism".

Every last fucking person that commits a heinous act nowadays is bandied about by the media as a terrorist. A terrorist is one who inspires fear in others in order to further their cause, not someone who does something for their own pleasure and doesn't care who knows it.

Stupid political "buzzwords" are completely removing the meaning and impact from once-powerful words.
They sort of are the general "evil thing" out there that people can blame anything on. They are an unequivocal invented evil which can be used to explain any acyt of violence or torture. Of course on the one hand I believe what I just said completely. On the other hand I think the general media are so disorganized that this kind of Chompskyan theory is bunk and they just slap the buzzwords on there because they're too frantic to get the news out there to actually do some fucking research.
Disaster Button said:
"Racist" When it's used after the words, "We're not" when spoken by Nick Griffin or anybody from the BNP.
Racist has primarily lost meaning because many people interpret it as white supremecy rather than any prejiduce related to race in any way. I know its lost a lot of meaning to me as well.

On a lighter note I like the phrase "no way" because if replaced with something synonymous it becomes much less friendly. Let me demonstrate with this small bite of conversation.
Person 1: "You'll never guess who I saw at the grocery store today... James Butterfield"
Person 2: "I think you aren't telling me the truth."
James Butterfield is a made up person. I apologize if you are actually named James Butterfield.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
Since I haven't seen it I'm gonna say the word; No
Just goes in one ear and out the other.

Also 'butchered' and 'English'. Someone makes a sentence that uses those two words in the usual context and I immediately think, 'Here we go again.'

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:

Leadership.
7 days.
Okay, I am freakin' out.

I can't wait.

To know you.

Look for the smiles.
Righto, thats creepy. Although, not quite believable. Although, if I was worried about having a stalker and I hadnt seen you around the forums before then I would be worried.

Also, sorry. I didnt look, my computer crashed so I only just got your message. :D

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Jannycats said:
"You kids use the word HATE so much that I have to find a new word to describe how I feel about others. Hmmmm, I mega-loathe you all"

Virtual cookie for those that know who said this gem.
Scrubs

Edit:Ninja'd RAWWR

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
Kill. Everybody's "going to kill you!" when they're upset. Blah.

Jesus. Hate. Penguin.

Ignignoct

Feb 14, 2009
Evil Jak said:
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:

Leadership.
7 days.
Okay, I am freakin' out.

I can't wait.

To know you.

Look for the smiles.
Righto, thats creepy. Although, not quite believable. Although, if I was worried about having a stalker and I hadnt seen you around the forums before then I would be worried.

Also, sorry. I didnt look, my computer crashed so I only just got your message. :D
You just missed me =/...

I'll come back when you're asleep.

Mobile phones can do amazing things these days.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:

Leadership.
7 days.
Okay, I am freakin' out.

I can't wait.

To know you.

Look for the smiles.

You just missed me =/...

I'll come back when you're asleep.

Mobile phones can do amazing things these days.
Well, you are in for quite a wait... also, Hemsworth is quite a... weird place at night.

Oh, I also need to know if you are male or female... that is basically how I am going to decide if I am cool with the "stalking" or not. XD

Ignignoct

Feb 14, 2009
Evil Jak said:
Well, you are in for quite a wait... also, Hemsworth is quite a... weird place at night.

Oh, I also need to know if you are male or female... that is basically how I am going to decide if I am cool with the "stalking" or not. XD
Both.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Ignignoct said:
Evil Jak said:

Both.
Then I am back to being confused. :D

Keshihead

Jun 15, 2009
I've got another candidate. The word 'real' when used in completely the wrong context.

TV seems to use it a lot, like in these examples:
1) A TV show called 'Colleen's Real Women'. So there's such thing as a fake woman, is there?
2) Tesco adverts make an example of showing how so many 'real baskets' were bought by Tesco customers according to an independant price checker. What's the definiteion of a real basket?
3) A new ITV show started called 'Real Crime'. Like with the 'Real Women', are there crimes that are fake as well?