World of Warcraft Lore Nerd Wins Blizzcon

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
mikemart said:
its hilarious to see people who know games better than the actual developers
It's also a little creepy. Impressive, but creepy. Still, I bet I know more about Star Wars now than George Lucas, so I probably shouldn't speak too loudly.

I like the Red Shirt reference. Does that mean Blizzard is going to hunt him down and kill him to appease the World of Warcraft lore gods?

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
I'm surprised the Devs didn't just say "He was killed by Gnomes" or something to cover their asses. Like how Games Workshop just washed over the removal of an entire race from 40K, and eventually just said "The Tyranids ate them all".

I miss Squats
If you watch the whole blizzcon a few of the more questionable lore... I'm hesitant to call them errors but certainly 'unclear' events, were skipped over with some amusing 'supposed happenings' such I believe murloc invasion might have been one of them, or maybe that was last year... all in good fun though. I don't take WoW seriously. I mean it even LOOKS cartoony.

Indeed Red Shirt guy did come in and thusly own, with pure righteous fact of fury.
Kudos.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Pretty neat. With as much lore as there is in WoW its not too surprising that something like this could happen but still nifty.

MadGodXero

Dec 6, 2009
I can certainly say that I Thought the Dev-guy was gonna go Falcon Punch that kid, lol. Or at the very least trace his WoW account and do....something...Idk, you all get the idea, it's late for me.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
What no forum post can ever do

What no nerf can beat

A man stands before the Council of Blizzard and calls them out

Pwn'd

Drazeric

Feb 24, 2010
wicked lol. Am i the only one thinking that they are going to find him in game tho and do horrible horrible things to his character? lol

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Nukeforyou said:
Greg Tito said:
This young fan's voice is just precious
thats an interesting way of putting it
Totally. lol

While I applaud his knowledge, especially in the face of Blizz folks, he just reeks of stereotypical "NEEEEERD!".

Hopefully he grows out of it, or at least gains a little more confidence, so that he doesn't get his ass beat daily in college. >>

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Day of the Dragon is one of the few WoW books I've actually read. I remember being excited to see Falstad when I first went to Aerie Peak, as well as Rhonin in Dalaran. Good times...

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
This is so cute. A little scary, but mostly cute. You go for it, WoW lore nerd! =D

Inconnu24

Apr 6, 2009
Frankly, with the vast amount of lore in the Warcraft universe and the fact that Metzen is the VP of Creative Development for all Blizzard franchises, I'm not really surprised that he doesn't know every minor detail of Warcraft lore.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
This kid looks like the sterotypical gamer.

No, but seriously, good job catching Blizz on a mistake. I'm glad they're going to change it though.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Hahaha well he did point out that he just finished some book....i guess is that there is a big gamp between the development teams at the authors taht write the books...n im fairly confident they dont play the games...or if they do its just for refference not cuz they are into it....cuz the books never have a unique loving feel to them.
So it could be that he was kinda reading the book and checking the lore in-game and found out that there is a weird part.
But the EPIC win is undeniable :D And it was pure defeat when Metzen said....isnt he dead? You dont even know about whats up with that caracter....n he is a big one too :D

I loevd how the crowd cheered at the end :D

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
Chris. I get it, its a big game.

But you made the damn game. You need to give a shit about your character. then again, I got the feeling you stopped caring about story and lore when you put all your most interesting and plot heavy characters on the chopping block

Illidan, Arthas...where does it end man?!