Worst Cartoon Currently on Air

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
Aqua Teen Hunger Force is not, has never been, and will never be funny. It's a completely incoherent collection of shock gags and awkward, hackneyed dialogue attempting to sell itself as "random humor" a la the equally unwatchable Invader ZIM, Superjail!, or pretty much anything Williams Street has done in the recent past that doesn't have Nathan Explosion in it.

Does anybody else remember Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law? Remember how funny that shit was? What the hell happened to Adult Swim, and why is nothing they themselves crank out funnier than their reruns of American Dad!?

...okay, to be fair, American Dad! is really, really good and funnier than most things on TV right now, but you see where I'm going with this.

BurningSquirrel

Aug 20, 2011
The new Scooby-Doo cartoon. We don't need a damn storyline with uninteresting and generic plot twists, we need monsters that are actually genuinely scary.

Rawker

Jun 24, 2009
FirstToStrike said:
Problem Solvers. It took one look at the characters to know that it was absolute hammered shit.

Johnny Test. Just hearing the god damn intro song makes me want to throw a baby down a flight of stairs.

Squidbillies. IT'S NOT FUNNY, GODDAMMIT! What's funny about a morbidly obese hooker who lives in a junkyard, a total jerkass redneck squid? NOTHING, that's what!
When you live in a state filled with those types of people, It's pretty damn funny.

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
Ziadaine said:
So. Many. Shows.

Kid's shows were alot better back in the early 90's, grew up on DBZ, BeyBlades, Digimon, Thomas The Tank Engine, Sam and Max. (I did anyway.)

Now its all this educational crap like Dora The Explorer and shit.
Johnny Bravo, Pokemon, Winnie the Pooh. So many great shows.

OP: Simpsons. It's a cartoon. It's been going on for 22 years. THEY RAN OUT OF GOOD IDEAS 12 YEARS AGO. Please, someone axe this franchise. I loved it, but even I had to stop watching after season 20.

Joey245

Jan 29, 2009
Fanboy and Chum Chum. Appealing to the lowest common denominator, blatantly unfunny jokes, and a completely likeable cast. The worst show on air, by far.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
even though i want to say My Little POny...i have to say it's

JOHNNY TEST!!!
not only a BADLY animated tv show that hurts your eyes with the bad crammed in art design, the bad proportions and perspective, the shitty voice acting, the shit morals with no subtlety, and just plain DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!!!

runner up is every cartoon made by seth mcfarlene, especially family guy and its terrible humor that misses the point of Politically incorrect and just goes to distasteful. not to mention how damn bias and insulting the shows are.

WiccaVamp

Jun 26, 2009
THE Batman ( he looks like jackie from Jackie chan adventures and everyone else looks dumb and is a sad comparison to the 90s cartoon)

Teletubbies....really WTF...

Camp lazlo is also bad. just bad writing and animation.

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
rh1006 said:
im gonna go off on a limb and say the one cartoon that is AMAZING
here it is
look familiar? like the dark knight returns? its the references, the animation, everything that makes this the 2nd best batman cartoon EVER. 1st? obviously animated series.
okay, worst? oh, geez, so many to pick. i would have to say that stupid gumball show. ugh. all those stupid modern slurs, use of the word crap like a noun (its a kids show, by the way.) it just disgusts me.
I didn't know they had that happen. Holy crap, now I love that show, because of the people who make it!
OP: Seth Macfarlane's shows suck.

zephae

Aug 10, 2011
FirebirdXR said:
Pretty much most networks have fallen on hard times lately...
but I can name a few awesome shows of the top of my head;

- CN's Adventure Time, Regular Show, Batman: The Brave and the Bold (despite its Adam West-like nature, the show is not afraid to kill off characters) Young Justice, and of course Thundercats. (Hot damn, I thought I got over Cheetara when I was twelve!!)
As for shows they need to desperately need to get rid off?
- ...Naruto Shippuden.

I am almost 25, but I prefer cartoons (and perhaps a live-action drama or education program) over mind-numbing reality television any given day...
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Why the hate on Shippuden? The series doesn't start to go completely off a cliff for another 2 seasons.
I love Regular Show as an excellent college dropout comedy, but to like that or Adventure time you have to have an appreciation of non-sequitur and a lot of people don't. If shit just comes out of nowhere a lot of people end up being confused.

As to Shippuden, I don't watch the dubbed version (can't stand who they get to do those jobs, especially Naruto) so I had to look up on Wikipedia where the show is at right now and "another 2 seasons" would still put it before what I would consider to be the pinnacle of the series: The Invasion of Pain Arc. It's that arc, how it finally resolves most of the original series and its very intelligent discussion of ethics, morality, and relativism that put that show on my 10 best of all time list.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
BurningSquirrel said:
Also, King of the Hill needs to end, preferably with every single one of their boring, bland characters being shot.
King of the Hill has already ended, though it lacked even a single main character death (except for Cotton, who died in one of the last two seasons).

Also, I have to defend Adventure Time and Regular Show. Both of them do seem more geared towards adults than children, Regular Show in particular.