Worst Director Ever?

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
Boll for managing to make a film I didn't love out of BloodRayne. I wouldn't have thought that was possible if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Bay for being tacky, shallow and pointless America-worshipping.

Gibson for raping history.

Gulzt

May 4, 2009
That's easy, that's Steven Seagal.
Anyone who has seen "Killswitch" agrees.

It's so very bad, it becomes funny!

SkylerRock

Apr 19, 2009
Whilst I could probably write a long list of directors that the world could do without I think that it's only fair to point out that a lot of blame lies in the hands of the producers. The role of the director mainly is to get the best angle to point the camera then hope and pray that the actors don't screw up. It's the producers who take all the raw material and ultimately determine the fate of the movie.

This is why Joel Schumacher holds a special place of hatred in my shriveled up little black heart.

Don't forget Michael Bay made THE ROCK with Jerry Bruckheimer as producer, and it was awesome.

MasterKirov

Nov 8, 2009
dbrose said:
Michael Bay
End of. Only Uwe Bolle could be worse, but I haven't seen ANY of his movies. Although he did ake me laugh once when he challenged his critics to wreastling matches. Anybody watch those?

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Baby Tea said:
And I love Jason Statham, but he's not much of an actor unless he's kicking the shit out of someone.
I respectfully disagree... I prefer the movies where he's not kicking the shit out of people. I thought he was awesome in Lock Stock and Two Smocking Barrels and Snatch... I thought he was God awful in Transporter... trying to do an American accent... just didn't work Jason. However I do like his work on Crank because at least that movie knew what it was and didn't try to be pretentious.

OT: Uwe Boll... do I need a reason any more?... does any one on this planet need a reason or need to submit an explanation as to why.

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer... these two are far worse then Boll... simply for making Epic movie... I haven't watched any of their movies after that but their just awful, awful people with very little imagination. How they worked their way through film school I'll never know... their movies should be shown to every film school student as a "What not to do when creating a film".

end_boss said:
Any and all who were responsible for movies like Meet the Spartans and Disaster Movie need to be shot. First in the balls, then in the kneecaps, then the elbows. Then, they should be left in the middle of the desert.
Read the above paragraph.

Zombie Nixon

Sep 3, 2009
I'm going to say modern-day George Lucas.

Watching Uwe Boll or Michael bay is torture, but Lucas's films are a plague. They're so bad that they can ruin good movies.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
The director/ producer team of Golan Globus produced some awful movies in the late 80 and early 90's. Even though their earlier work did well, some won academy awards, they produced/made such crap as Masters of the Universe, Cyborg, Steel Knight, the marginally good, mostly bad, American Ninja series, Captain America, and Superman IV. One of their features, Alien from La, has the honor of getting the MST3K treatment.

Granted the Death Wish series, one of the things they produced, was quite watchable, most of the stuff they made was crap.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
p3t3r said:
Souplex said:
The guy who did Napoleon Dynamite. No matter how good his other films are, averaged with Napoleon dynamite he is terrible.
napoleon dynamite is... Awesome!

your just not enough of an idiot to appreciate it's humor
I agree with the first guy. Napoleon Dynamite was the most god-awful movie I've seen (except for M. Night's The Village).

Worst director should go to M. Night or Shumauker (sp) [the guy who fucked up Batman and Superhero Movies for a while]. I can actually stand Mikey Bay, but only because I look past his retardation and just watch the giant robots pummel each other. ^_^

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
Baby Tea said:
Micheal Bay is fine, so long as you don't take him seriously.
Fine?!

Fine?!

The man is a menace. (source [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.161340])

Michael Bay is the worst. But Uwe Boll and M. Night. Shamalyanamamyamanayan are god-awful directors.

And on the subject of movie making, Christian Bale and I are done professionally.

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
In order:

1.) Uwe Boll
2.) Michael Bay
3.) M Night Shama-screwspellingthis

Pretty much for the standard reasons. Uwe Boll for existing, Michael Bay for making the world explode, and M Night Shammy-man for twisting the world's nipples 'til they hurt.