Worst Director Ever?

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
George Lucas. Uwe Boll and Michael Bay may have made bad movies (from what I';ve heard, I've never seen any), but they didn't ruin 2 perfectly good franchises. And the only reason I can see for that second trilogy is that George Lucas hates us.
Edit: Also, all those people saying that Michael Bay is a bad directer because he only cares about special effects: do you hate 300 for the same reason?

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Uwe Boll by far is the worst director of this decade. Michael Bay is bad but he can do good action scenes.

Monkeytacoz

Sep 22, 2009
George Lucas took starwars and shoved it up his ass, crapped it out, added some wooden acting, political commentary, and then covered it with shiny CGI glitter gloss

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Oh boy, another opportunity for people to blindly jump on the Micheal Bay hate bandwagon.
ravens_nest said:
Oh look, more idiots bleating out Michael Bay hate... "Boo hoo, everyone thinks transformers was bad so he must be like the worst director ever! I don't care that I've never seen another Bay film because he's shit and all he does is explosions..."
Thank you, that about sums up my feelings. You know as long as we're all being sheep.
"Baa-aa'll raam you"

EDIT: Oh and FYI I LIKED the Micheal Bay Transformers movies.
FINALLY! Someone who doesn't flame the transformers movies for no reason. Seriously why the hate?

CenturionRyan

May 23, 2009
Brothers Strause, Michael Bay and Paul W.S. Anderson.

Brothers Strause haven't really done much except mediocre music videos and AVP: Requiem. Which, unfortunately for their reputation, was the worst movie I've ever seen.

Michael Bay is just boring. It's not even that his movies are bad, but they're so Goddamn uneventful that I can't bear watching them all the way through. Especially Transformers. His action scenes are okay-ish, but they're over too quickly.

Paul W.S. Anderson? His only merit is Event Horizon. Literally every other movie he's made is complete crap.

I'm not going to say Uwe Boll, because his movies are watchable for the 'So Bad it's Good' factor.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Karyn Kusama (Aeon Flux, Jennifer's Body for example). Never again would I see anything she directs. I'll basically agree with the masses and say Uwe Boll and M. Night Spamalon.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I tend to avoid any movie with the name "Steven Soderbergh" in it anywhere. He directed the terrible movie "The Informant!" and is the executive producer behind "Syriana" and "Michael Clayton". All of these are movies stretched far beyond the thickness of their plots so that the plots become increasingly transparent, ripped, and dull.

I can't say Michael Bay because "The Island" was brilliant and...
'You haven't seen "Bad Boys II?"' - Danny (Hot Fuzz)
It's a fun cop movie and it led to some awesome scenes in Hot Fuzz, the best movie of all time, so Bad Boys II deserves a place of honour, small as it may be.

Roland Emmerich makes me laugh since he does the same thing in all of his movies. But, he does make it entertaining to see the Earth lasered, ripped up, and torn to shreds by rubber monsters.

Robert Rodriguez may be one of the best directors, but his foray into little kid movies such as Spy Kids makes me sad.

I haven't seen any Uwe Boll movies nor do I want to.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Any director that takes a Japanese horror movie and westernises it

I'd rather watch the J-horror versions of it anyday

sam_savage1393

Oct 1, 2009
The creators of those damn spoofs (yes, the scary movie series are funny). However, Disaster Movie, Super Hero Movie, Epic Movie? What the hell were these people thinking? Let the spoofs be with those who have a sense of humor!

I hate to admit it though, but there are some funny moments.

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
MasterKirov said:
dbrose said:
Michael Bay
End of. Only Uwe Bolle could be worse, but I haven't seen ANY of his movies. Although he did ake me laugh once when he challenged his critics to wreastling matches. Anybody watch those?
Then let me give you some friendly advice: DO. NOT. EVER. WATCH THAT MAN'S MOVIES. The man portrayed Bloodrayne so poorly I don't even want to play the game to find out what the game developers actually did with it.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Michael Bay just uses shiny things. Uwe Boll fucks the source up, but its not like he does it on accident. Plus he has potential I think, he just needs to be slapped hard.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
My conscience says Michael Bay.
My heart exclaims Quentin Tarantino.
My mind shrieks George Lucas.
My intellect mutters Mel Gibson.

the-darkness

Mar 10, 2009
Michael Bay, cos he's a douche bag movie director making douche bag movies for douche bags to watch.

Also, M. Night (the fuck is up with that?!) Shamalayasdasjdhasdadhauioasdkj is pretty horrible as well.

ToMegaTherion

Mar 22, 2009
Crazycat690 said:
The guy who made Twilight!!! HATE!!! I would watch every Uwe Boll movie before watching Twilight!
The girl actually, but I agree. My hatred isn't that extreme though. Uwe Ball is actually alot worse in my honest opinion

MasterKirov

Nov 8, 2009
dbrose said:
MasterKirov said:
dbrose said:
Michael Bay
End of. Only Uwe Bolle could be worse, but I haven't seen ANY of his movies. Although he did ake me laugh once when he challenged his critics to wreastling matches. Anybody watch those?
Then let me give you some friendly advice: DO. NOT. EVER. WATCH THAT MAN'S MOVIES. The man portrayed Bloodrayne so poorly I don't even want to play the game to find out what the game developers actually did with it.
Yes I've heard both sides of the story. It's lucky for you then that Uwe Boll hasn't done anything I find interesting. But hey if I do get involved in a bad movie festival or something, and one of his films pops up, I'll be sure to get REALLY drunk.

If it's Bay, and after what he did to Revenge of the Fallen, I will be drunk and gorge my eyes out with a paper clip.