Worst game addiction?

mintsauce

Aug 18, 2008
Only a few games have truly been addictive for me. Most games I play give me the feeling of wanting to have another go, but these ones are the ones I just could not put down and could not stop thinking about:

WoW, of course, 45 days logged on my main, though I've kicked the habit and hardly play it anymore.

Dance Dance Revolution - got into it by accident, then quickly got into the habit of trying harder and harder songs and practising until I beat them. Within a year I was competing in national tournaments. I don't play it much now, but it carried on for a good two or three years.

Deus Ex - hooked until the end, staying up until 3am some nights.

Final Fantasy VII.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Pretty much any game makes me do this... but I suppose the worst offender was the Halo series. They took a lot of my time.

Neurotischism

Aug 21, 2008
As much as I hate to admit it... World of Warcraft. I'd been playing since the final stress test and it then proceeded to feed off my soul day and night for the next four years. After many unsuccessful attempts to quit, I came to my senses and erased every semblance of that game from my computer, deleted all WoW related bookmarks, etc. I've been sober ever since. It's difficult to stay completely away though since my brother got a job working for Blizzard last year.

nikomas1

Jul 3, 2008
ehhhm... project sylpheed? lol i know its a very repeditive/short/complex comtrolled game but if you like Arcade space combat theres not many more options on the consoles (Or any platform at all in the last years)

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
Halo pc, anyone?

I also regret runescape.. failed middle school horribly.... and then they took away PKing and i quit :D! God i remember having so much fun pking..

FuzziBunni

Jun 11, 2008
I am glad to hear I wasn't the only one who was addicted to Runescape. I think it was the idea that for money there's so much more but I paid for one month and dropped it.

DDR was a huge obssession. My friend and I would play for 8 hours at a time (Standard and Heavy) only drinking OJ.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
At this very moment, I'm addicted to Restaurant City - a Facebook App that I hope counts as a game. But the most addicting game I have ever played is either Legend of Disgaea or Final Fantasy Tactics. Those games are like cigarettes for me.