worst game names

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
It's time for another Good Idea, Bad Idea.

Good idea: Taking an undeniably Japanese game and keeping the title on US release.
Bad idea: Mangling the translation so "Damashii" became "Damacy".

Good idea: Making a tycoon game set in medieval Europe.
Bad idea: Giving it an unimaginative title like "Europa 1400: The Guild".

Good idea: Sid Meier making a wargame.
Bad idea: Giving it a title, "Sid Meier's Gettysburg!" that sounds like Nathan Lane should be playing Honest Abe and singing "Four score and seven years ago" in a chorus line in the big musical extravaganza.

nikomas1

Jul 3, 2008
miaow post=9.68528.642399 said:
Alien Shooter: Vengeance

It sounds to me as if it's the aliens who would want vengeance, your having shot them and all.
Lol that had me laughin a tad. hmm if i were to pick......

ehm... i curse at my bad imagination.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Irritating Stick
Jesus: Deadly Bio Monster
Sticky Balls
Nuts & Milk
Yogurting

These are all real games.

Actually, scratch the last one. Yogurting is an awesome game name. It doesn't get better than that.

And Masters of Teräs Käsi sounds even more ridiculous to someone who actually lives in Finland and knows what "teräskäsi" actually means (and yes, it's one conjoined word, not two). Well, you got to salute Lucasarts for making sure that 6 million people had a riot.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
GothmogII post=9.68528.647985 said:
Though it doesn't seem like it, a remarkable amount of time -does- go into the naming of a thing, someone on the previous page cited Z as being lazy. However, you need to take into account that you can go through a hundred different words, sounds, emotions, definitions down on paper before you even find something that works with what you're trying to make. And of course that also doesn't mean that some names -weren't- thought up in a spur of the moment type way. But I'd have to say that many, if not the majority do put effort into it. Although, that's to say nothing of a name that -still- comes out crap even after all that.
you say that, and im inclined to agree but the i remember the recently anounced M.A.G. standing gor Massive Action Game. i dont know if theres anything that screams, "we are fucking lazy!" than that title. i mean for god sakes. i read the title and i still have no idea what the game is, also imagine if shakespeare had named romeo and juliet. L.S.P. short for the Love Story Play. he would have been crucified and burned. M.A.G., Massive Action Game *walks away shaking his head*

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
DemonGuy792 post=9.68528.648412 said:
Oh, right, so it does. Sorry about that, you're right. However, I still think Fahrenheit is a poor title for a video game, it's not a particularly inspiring name, nor does it appeal to a casual onlooker looking down a list of games and sees two names next to each other: God of War and Fahrenheit. Which one would you pick, without prior knowledge of the game?
As I don't own a PS2, Fahrenheit.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People.

no no, I take it back. That is the coolest game name EVUR.

Actually, I found a Japan-Only release called All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
I think something at least similar to this has been done before.
But. . .

Grabbed by the Ghoulies, yup, I still find that funny.