Worst game of 2008-2009

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
I haven't bought that many games this year but GTA IV and Far Cry 2 would have to be the worst ones.

Zaksav91

Oct 16, 2009
I was REALLY dissapointed with Mercenaries 2. I was so excited for it that I bought it on it's release date without really reading what people had to say about it, boy, would that come back and bite me in the ass.

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
That's the reason i love reviews. Saves money and makes you laugh. Anyone else not like the new lego games

BlueMartian

Mar 22, 2009
The Conduit

Most people were banging on about it before it was released, saying it was an fps that could rival the other consoles. What a pile of shit it turned out to be, made me realise just how shit the Wii is, I genuinely felt like I was playing a N64 game

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
Games that are sequels and bring nothing new to the table.

These games drive us all mad but we still keep buying them.

s001911

Jun 11, 2009
I cant think of the game, but an instance comes to mind so I am gonna generalise, i beg your forgiveness.

Games that have unnecessary mobs and/or obstacles for no other reason than to make a 2 hour game a 10 hour game to appeal to "hardcore" gamers *refuses to use WoW as a reference for both good and bad purposes due to it being out of time criteria*

misfit119

Dec 24, 2008
tiredinnuendo said:
And anyone saying Halo, GoW, Killzone 2, or any of the other stuff that was massively popular and sold like hotcakes and therefore you're oh-so-edgy for putting it in as your "worst" game in a two year period? You're not nearly as clever as your mom has told you that you are. All mom's have to say that. It's not true in your case. I'm sorry.
Hey get your panties out of a bunch. There's a pretty good chance that people might genuinely, ya know, not like these games. This is a thread for saying all of the games you don't like that others might so if someones saying something you disagree with then just ignore them. Hell I think that Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy and Killzone 2 were terrible, terrible games after playing them and my opinion isn't divested of worth because others bought the item in question. If we go by popularity + sales = awesome we'd have to admit that N*Sync is one of the best bands evar.

That said I think that, of the games I played, Far Cry 2 has to be the worst of the bunch. Seriously it has most of the problems as Legendary (constantly respawning enemies, imprecise gunplay and disinteresting story) except completing that game takes even longer to complete. It only took me about 10 hours to complete Legendary for a review but I made the mistake of thinking that FC2 would ever, ya know, vary up the gameplay and so I played it to 100% completion... over a good 60 hours. Pure hell that was.

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
Can't say Halo 3 was the worst game of the year or even in the top 20 but it wasn't as good as hyped to be

Another game i'm probly gonna get assassinated for saying is one of the worst games out this year was the last final fantasy. Sorry but has to be said

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Grey's Anatomy the video game was released this year, wasn't it? Yeah, from what I've heard, I think that might be the worst game so far this century, not that anybody actually plays it. =P

Captain Ninja

May 9, 2009
i gotta say too human, im sorry but the super long death scene and no skip movie sequence, is almost always a fail, also i found the game play really boring.

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
misfit119 said:
tiredinnuendo said:
And anyone saying Halo, GoW, Killzone 2, or any of the other stuff that was massively popular and sold like hotcakes and therefore you're oh-so-edgy for putting it in as your "worst" game in a two year period? You're not nearly as clever as your mom has told you that you are. All mom's have to say that. It's not true in your case. I'm sorry.
Hey get your panties out of a bunch. There's a pretty good chance that people might genuinely, ya know, not like these games. This is a thread for saying all of the games you don't like that others might so if someones saying something you disagree with then just ignore them. Hell I think that Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy and Killzone 2 were terrible, terrible games after playing them and my opinion isn't divested of worth because others bought the item in question. If we go by popularity + sales = awesome we'd have to admit that N*Sync is one of the best bands evar.
Aw.... did I hurt your feelings? Come on now, be reasonable.

There are hundreds of games made every year. If anyone seriously names a Triple-A title without the qualifier of "worst game I personally played" than they are almost certainly statistically wrong. Sure, they can dislike them. Hell, I loathe Halo 3, but the worst game made in two years? Not hardly. Even if I didn't like the design, at least it fucking had some.

What about the games that are simply released unfinished? The ones where you regularly encounter game-breaking glitches with no sign of a patch in site because the studio, which was a one-shot flash in the pan, has long since closed it's doors? What about all the Wii shovelware? Would you rather play WiiPlay or Halo 3, really now? (hint, only one of these titles actually qualifies as a "game") Granted, I didn't play many of these sub-titles myself, because my schedule rarely allows for me to indulge in a sub-Tripe-A title, but I'm certainly aware that they exist. I personally said Alone in the Dark, but even as bad as that was, I'm aware that far worse titles were made. Most of them on the Wii.

- J

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
Everyone is gonna disagree because different people like different things. One game could be someones heven and just as easily someone elses hell. Anyone think of any sequels that have gone backwards a step?

Lycaeus_Wrex

Jan 19, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
Antlovesabi said:
Have seen a few topics for the best game of the year and couldn't help thinking of some of the worst. Can be for any reason (mechanics, graphics ,AI, storyline, lenght or anything else you can think of. Wont name them all now but will start off with The Sims simply because it isn't a game and simulate every part of a boring life to a ridiculous level.
Far Cry 2. I've said it once, I'll keep saying it.
This.

L. Wrex

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Resistance 2. My brother and I were expecting so much more from it. Sadly, the story and multiplayer lets us down.

Ernie Devlin

Sep 22, 2009
Although it was a game made for the PC in 2007.
I'd have to say the console port for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (released early 2008).
The controls were crappy and the gameplay was shoddy.
Had it for about a day before I returned it.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Antlovesabi said:
... Don't want to nominate this game for gameplay or graphics or anything like that but Assassin's Creed is too heavy with cutscenes and not being able to skip them removes playability from the game.
You forgot to mention that is sucks and is not remotely fun to play for more than five minutes.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Wow, holy crap. Do you guys know what the word worst actually means?

Try "Bus Simulator 2008" or "Secret Service: Ultimate Sacrifice" if you want worst.