Worst game PURCHASE you ever made.

prince_xedar

Aug 25, 2010
i preordered Alpha Protocol, Returned it for full price less then a week later
I had better things to do then play that big filled crap

Phaerim

Sep 15, 2010
Alone in the Dark 5 for my Wii. I felt intellectually assaulted by this atrocity that had my favourite "survival horror" look all over it.

It is now on Gamestops Pre-owned shelf, rotting away with every single other copy of this abomination of a game.

Gamemaniac3434

Mar 18, 2011
my worst? Army of two 40th day. at first it was mindless fun, but near the zoo level when one of the guys made a crack about having sex with pandas and me and a buddy had stumbled onto the next boring genric battle with boring generic maps. sold it as soon as possible,regreted the purchase

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
Turning Point fall of liberty god it was just so awful! I will never get the 1.99 I paid for it! I couldn't resist though it came in a metal case it was so cool! BUT THE GAME SUCKED WHY DID I HAVE TO BE TRICKED INTO BUYING BASED ON THE AWSOMENESS OF THE METAL CONTAINER!?!

MetalMantheRevenge

Sep 5, 2009
I would say Sonic the Hedgehog(2006) or Bomberman Act: Zero, but I technically didn't buy them(Came with my 360, Because they were shit.)

So I'm going with Modern Warfare 2 hands down, worst waste of $60 bucks in my life.

Close second is Brink. I kinda brainwashed myself into liking it at first, but there's no excuse for having AI, that fucking stupid. And Multiplayer maps with bots ISN'T FUCKING SINGLE PLAYER.

Edit 1: Forgot about Army of Two: The 40th Day, It's so bad I must have mentally blocked it.(So generic, so boring.)
I change that to my worst purchase, MW2 being 2nd and Brink Third.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
alj said:
Final Fantasy 13

I hesitate to even call it a game to be fair.

Single worst thing Square Enix have ever done.
square enix forgets that a game needs to be good before its 90% done.

InsipidMadness

Mar 26, 2010
$60 midnight release for Portal 2 on 360. Overnight I beat co-op with a friend and once you do it once, there's no point doing again with someone new concurring with what yahtzee said. The single player was massively entertaining but with a puzzle game there's really no replay value. Once you know how to do it, there really isn't another way to do it. Bioshock you could go through and do lots of different things by comparison. So for 60$ to someone who could barely afford a game he anticipates once every three months, I felt no guilt turning it back in within a week to scrape back bits and pieces of it.

The kicker which makes this the worst? I don't recall detail but I believe it was a weekend or two after it came out, they dropped the new price 20$ making it $40 . . . wtf.

an874

Jul 17, 2009
Buying Modern Warfare 2 at full price. I hate online multiplayer, and the campaign is way too short.

Mister Shield

Jan 9, 2011
Oh yeah.. Worst game?

King of Fighters 12. Oh My God....

At least Capcom vs SNK 2 had ENDINGS. Maybe just pictures with words and letters, but they were there.

Brand new? This game was 59.99 new. NEW for a PS3.

Single player mode was a joke... I didn't buy this game for its "online" mode, I bought it because I wanted o find out what happens to my favorite fighting characters.

New sprites? Look nice.

But not enough for a game. Lame.

Can I post Links? This guy explains a lot.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/thekingoffightersxii/video/6214609/the-king-of-fighters-xii-video-review

Exile714

Feb 11, 2009
The most recent Wolfenstein game (the "sequel" to Return to Castle Wolfenstein). I absolutely loved the atmosphere of RTCW, something about Nazi Germany with occult overtones. Then I bought the new Wolfenstein and it just felt wrong. Maybe it was a good game, I really don't know, because I was so disappointed that the perfect atmosphere was completely missing.

I think I've purchased worse games for the same cost, but this was the most disappointing.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Anti-Robot Man said:
Fifa 64 for £40+... what was I thinking!?

That's nowhere near the worst purchase in the family though, my normally savvy father got brainwashed into buying a CDi. I don't think there's a worse possible game console purchase than that, even the brain melting Virtual Boy is at least worth something as a collector's item.
do you have the cd-i zelda games too? because if you do that would be funny.
if you do then you can sucker some zelda fan to buy it and make money off it

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
Dragon Age 2.
That game thought me to never, ever again buy something on pre-order.

EA should get new management...FAST!!

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
Kelorin said:
Chromehounds. Definitely Chromehounds.
I really dont want to say this but. Your the reason why good games arnt as common anymore.....

I miss the days when there were hardcore games and a game that took like 50 hours just to get a firm grasp on was a good thing. People now a days expect to master a game in 20.

I miss those days so much. Chrome hounds was one the last.

I'll always have guilty gear accent core. Greatest game ever made. You can spend 300 hours and not even come CLOSE to mastering 1 character (the game has over 20+ characters fighting game btw) Been playing the series all my life :)

If a sequel ever comes i hope you arnt in the crowed of people they listen to.

Not PvP Flagged

Mar 7, 2011
Aliens Vs. Predator (the new one, I wanna say 2009 but that doesn't sound right), the multiplayer was just terrible.

DaWrecka

Jan 2, 2008
Halo. Not a TERRIBLE game but definitely wasn't worth the thirty quid I paid for it.

EDIT: Thought I'd say that I considered Splatterhouse 360, but I was able to get my money back for Splatterhouse, so it's number 2.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
Probably this double pack I got with No More Heroes and red Steel. I didn't like either game, gate the controls, and the graphics were terrible on NMH. It was $30 I'll never get back.

Vigilante1024

Oct 24, 2008
Master of Orion 3. Oh god, the pain.

People called it an "empire management spreadsheet." In all honesty I have more fun these days in Excel 2010. And my spreadsheets sadly do not even involve empires.