Worst game PURCHASE you ever made.

Hecatomb

May 2, 2011
Anyone remember Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green? Not only was it the single worst game I've ever played, but if I'd just taken the time to research it first like I usually do, I'd have discovered that GameSpot rated it a dismal 2.1! And I actually paid $20 for that abomination! I didn't even try to sell it, I just broke the disc in half and threw it away rather than have it inflicted on some other poor gamer.

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
Two Worlds (XBOX360). Epic Bad. Hated it.
Fire Warrior (PC). Should have been great.. based the Tau race from WH40K. 1st person shooter akin to Halo... Rubbish.
SAS Combat Simulator (Sinclair Spectrum). Oh my GOD.. Terrible terrible game!

aescuder

Aug 24, 2010
Used game of Lair ($14 bucks I think). There are some bad games that can still be charming. This, however, was just sad.

Joe McGahan

May 9, 2011
Bioshock for steam. 8 hours of tweaking and forum crawling later and it still has no sound.

Beyond the Beyond(PS1)- From the bargain bin at Block Buster(A store you would go to to rent physical copies of a movie or game.)
I'm never going to get that hour/$2 back.

Puye

May 18, 2010
See, I love Brink. I'll admit I was totally prepared at first to throw that game out the window, but after a while it clicked with me and I adore it.

Worst purchase ever has got to be the first Red Steel....oh lord...gogo waggle. I think that may be the first game I ever sold back too.

ca_jas

Feb 28, 2010
Red Ninja and Starfox Adventures.

Red Ninja was just bad. The cover art was the only redeeming quality.

Starfox Adventures, seriously what the hell was that???

Havik223

Nov 17, 2009
SilverJin02 said:
Bulletstorm. I paid $60 for a game that had MAYBE 20-30 worth of content.
jakko12345 said:
Bulletstorm. It simply wasn't worth the £40 i paid for it in any way. Thought it isn't my least favorite game, it is my worst purchase
Bulletstorm was a joke of a game. I think the worst part about it is all of the great reviews it got on account of people getting VIP access to the Gears 3 Beta. I have no evidence of this, but why else would it ever get anything other than a 6/10? The fact that it got around 9/10 in several places seems very suspect to me.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
jakko12345 said:
Bulletstorm. It simply wasn't worth the £40 i paid for it in any way. Thought it isn't my least favorite game, it is my worst purchase
This.

Also paying ~$35 for Brink (refunded it tho)

Nyce1

Jun 25, 2010
Force Unleashed 2. It had its fun moment like charging up the gun and splitting up a star destroyer in one shot then flying the ship into the planet. That was fun! But the rest of the game was short and forgettable. It felt like a 60 dollar demo. Way too short for 60 bucks!

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
$250 lifetime subscription to Star Trek Online.

Mostly because I thought it'd be interesting to have one.

Barely played the game a month into release.

Never again.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Shadow the Hedgehog for $50 when it was new. Oh my that was just horrid. It's a bottom line stupid premise with a story that just destroys an entire mythos and it played like crap.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Jaime_Wolf said:
hensethe1 said:
Brink.. Definitely Brink.

Or Terraria.. I did a impulsive purchase of Terraria one day becase I was bored, and I saw it was the most popular on steam. Little did I know that when I got in-game I couldn't help but think that it is somewhat similar of this game every man and his fucking dog are so hysterical about now a days, motherfucking _minecraft_
But...but...both Terraria and Minecraft are wonderful, inventive, polished (well, more Terraria than Minecraft for that one), and fun!
YOU FORGOT THE FUCKING MODS, *****! Ok, to make this clear, NEITHER of these games are bad, and are some of the best PC indie games, both also involve different mechanics from different planes of existence, on one side you have survival builder, Minecraft, also, if you don't believe so, SHOW ME SOME TITS OR GTFO! [been on youtube all day, I apologize] And its opposite, Terraria, the actiony side scroller thats a Metroid-Vania with a largery emphasis on killing things then building things.

Back to the topic, my worst buy would have been Worms Reloaded, after about a year of just trying to get the screen to stop flickering, I had to re-install my video card, the game and all of steam. Seriously, A YEAR!

TheEldestScroll

Feb 20, 2011
sim city societies. bought it three and a half years ago, and i still finding myself thinking back to when i made that purchase whenever i am in need of an extra twenty bucks.

face_head_mouth

Sep 16, 2010
I do a lot of research now when I purchase a game, so I don't have a lot of purchases that I regret anymore. I did buy Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for $30 despite renting it and being almost totally bored for the 3-4 hours I played it. I heard that it starts slowly and that it's a long game (and it is gorgeous to look at), so hopefully it will end up being a good purchase in the end. For the moment, however, I'm consciously avoiding playing it.

Back in the NES days, I made some pretty bad choices. I bought Friday the 13th for $40 and I barely played it afterwards (although I have a weird affection for it because it's the first horror game I'd ever played). I bought an awful Double Dragon clone called Target: Renegade for $30 that I had earned from a report card; probably the worst game I've ever purchased.

Kizi

Apr 29, 2011
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames. Not only do I think it's a bad game, but also the day I beat it, my appendix burst. I hate hospitals now.