Worst game PURCHASE you ever made.

SinorKirby

May 1, 2009
Modern Warfare 2. It's so far the only game I have ever regretted spending money on, mostly because of how much it made me hate Xbox Live and the Call of Duty series from that point onward.

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
Two Worlds. Bought into the hype so I purchased it on launch day for the full £40. It only took me a two hours of glitchy, buggy as hell gameplay constantly marred by framerate issues that made it nigh-unplayable (even in the single player) to see that I'd wasted my money completely.

Needless to say I learned a lot from that experience - don't get hyped up for something until you've seen actual GAMEPLAY footage for it first.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
I have two.

First: Fable 3. NO explanation needed.

Second: Demon's Souls. That game was a waste of time, and almost zero fun. I say almost because I enjoyed it when I was doing well, then when I died and had to restart the entire level sans souls, then died again, I just quit the game and returned it. That game was not good.

Jack_the_Knife

Nov 8, 2008
Bulletstorm. Not a bad game, no, a very well-made and polished one, but I wasn't really getting much more than a few playthroughs of the campaign out of it, considering the clusterf-ck that is multiplayer.

Tim Mazzola

Dec 27, 2010
I paid $25 for Portal 2.

I think I paid $10 for Jamestown.

Jamestown is WAY BEYOND better than Portal 2.

Something is wrong here.

Ghost of Red XIII

Aug 4, 2011
Glad to see I'm not the only who was pissed off at Brink. Why did I buy that game at full price?! And now its like half that cuz it was so bad. It was so infuriating I nearly lost my voice from yelling at it. That game taught me to never buy a game on the first day and I pledge to never EVER buy a Splash Damage game ever again!

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Final Fantasy 13 and Front Mission Evolved.
such terrible editions to what used to be good franchises! Damn you Square Enix!

Ryengu

May 22, 2011
Hyperdimension Neptunia. Paid full price for a superslow JRPG with no overworld, bad movement animation, tiny dungeons, and annoying dialogue. Kept the art book though >->

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I bought Darksiders for PC at full price... ;_;
What a pile of pure button-mashing shit that was.

CATB320

Jan 30, 2011
Resident Evil 5.
It's not really a bad game, etc., etc., but no one would ever play it with me and when I played online, everyone had already beaten it and had unlimited ammo, and I hadn't even played a Resident Evil game before. I felt like a massive ball and chain for my co-op partner (probably because I was) and one of the few people who stuck with me wanted to flirt endlessly.

TheModWolf

Nov 19, 2009
I was hurrying to get on the plane and I decided to get a new game, I only had
$55 left on me, so I couldn't afford Super Mario 64 DS which I really wanted. I ended up buying Spore for DS in the ultimate impulse buy and it turned out to be servicable for the plane ride, but ultimately a pretty bad game. Not worth the $55.

massaffect123

Apr 24, 2009
Kahunaburger said:
Medieval 2 Total War on Steam. The Steam version doesn't support mods, which are the best part of the game.
Huh. You sure? Cause I currently play Third Age Total War using my Steam copy.

OT: Two Worlds. Oh Dear Lord Jebus, not worth the *coughcoughpreordercoughcough*

Blastinburn

Apr 13, 2011
Mass Effect 2. Don't get me wrong I loved Mass Effect, but there were 2 major problems.

1) I purchased it used, but instead of bringing it back to the store to get a new copy for about $5 more, I bought the Cerberus network ticket for $15 to get the free DLC.

2) This one isn't the game's fault. While I had finished Mass Effect and was planning importing my Sheperd, I found out that you have to have an end game save. I had already overwritten that for new game+, which the sequel won't accept as a completed game save. Also, since I did pretty much everything in on my first play through and the sequel uses your decisions I have to repeat EVERYTHING again and shouldn't skip anything.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
Brink, Terraria, or Mass Effect 2 for PC.

Brink: AI are retarded as hell, not to mention insanely difficult, and the single player is boring with a capital "bore."

Terraria: Fun for about 15 minutes, then I went back to Minecraft.

Mass Effect 2 PC: The only thing that made it a money waster is the fact that I already had it on the 360. Personally, Mass Effect is better suited for a controller than a mouse and keyboard, but I play more console games than PC games.

kidragakash

Oct 22, 2009
That would be Avatar : Last Airbender Burning Earth

Reasons:
-insane difficulty curve
-stupid save system
-all powerful character neutered unrealistically
-Very little incentive to complete (all game achievements can be EASILY gained in first 5 minutes)
-Poor animation (The character's mouths sometimes move, sometimes dont when talking.. basic stuff people..)

I'll explain the neutering point... There is a part where you are on the Bei Fong estates and you have to reach Toph in the house, and a maze of shoulder-height hedges is in the way, with archways dotted in it, patrolled by guards. The idea is you have to sneak past the guards... Now, here is where I get irked, because frankly, YOU'RE AANG! Almightly last airbender... and you cant hop over a small box hedge?! I get they wanted a stealth section, but any player with a brain will go, WTF at this...