Worst Multiplayer Map of All Time

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Rust in Modern Warfare 2

Worst map ever
True, Rust was way too small and the spawning made it worse. Still, it could be fun: take an LMG and go to town.

Same with Nuketown really, way too cramped.

Also, the old CS awp maps. God, how I hated them.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Most of the maps from Modern Warfare 3 suck, but Dome is the epitome of crappy multiplayer maps.

Which is surprising, considering that Dome from WaW was awesome.

While we're on WaW, Seelow sucked something fierce, and so did Downfall.

And Overgrown from CoD4 sucks, because EVERYBODY SNIPED.

Michael Ellis

Jul 12, 2010
While we're talking about CoD maps:

CoD 4 on the PC was just laughably bad sometimes. It is still the only multiplayer game I have ever played in which I died three times in a row right after I respawned because somebody dropped a Martyrdom grenade near my spawnpoint. At least in MW2's more controlled environment this type of stuff never happened.

And the worst Cod map ever is Karachi, no contest.

P.S.: anybody who calls Rust from Modern Warfare 2 a bad map is most probably a camper, just saying.

Michael Ellis

Jul 12, 2010
FirstToStrike said:
Most of the maps from Modern Warfare 3 suck, but Dome is the epitome of crappy multiplayer maps.
Oh God, this. You can so easily tell MW3 was made by talentless hacks.

Grunt_Man11

Mar 15, 2011
If you want to see horridly bad multiplayer maps, then look no further than Brick Force!

There are far too many "XP grind" or "Free XP" maps, (as in more than zero). They consist of nothing but a 15x15 box, which everyone spawns inside.
It gets worse. There's the ones that are 15x15 boxes where one team spawns inside, and the other team spawns outside with all the turrets and gets to mow down the helpless other team.

Yeah, I'm not your personal XP dispenser, @$$holes!

Oh, and lets not forget all the wondrous creativity found in the recreated CoD maps... *sigh*.

Not all user created content is good. In fact, most suck.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
I forgot the name but the map in MW2 that takes place in a South American village and there's a canal going through the middle, be prepared to get sniped at every possible angle from every person on the enemy team the second you come out of hiding. Also every map in MW3 has its own way of finding ways to annoy me which is why I quit that game and went back to Black Ops where I can do decent even on the maps I don't like in that game (Nuketown, Havana, and Hazard)

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
Simple question, what in your opinion is the absolute worst map of all time. It can be from any game, as long as it's from multiplayer. So no water temples or Halo 3 flood levels in here.

As for me, I really, REALLY hate Nuketown from Black Ops. It was simply terrible, with it being incredibly small it meant there was a TON of grenade spam and it made for an overall crap time.
Nuketown is the best map in that game...it's fairly well balanced and the size was never a problem for me.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
BaronUberstein said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Simple question, what in your opinion is the absolute worst map of all time. It can be from any game, as long as it's from multiplayer. So no water temples or Halo 3 flood levels in here.

As for me, I really, REALLY hate Nuketown from Black Ops. It was simply terrible, with it being incredibly small it meant there was a TON of grenade spam and it made for an overall crap time.
Nuketown is the best map in that game...it's fairly well balanced and the size was never a problem for me.
Yeah, that map does have a lot of mixed opinions. I think another reason is because pretty much all map knowledge and skill goes out the window, it's a giant clusterfuck.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
FirstToStrike said:
And Overgrown from CoD4 sucks, because EVERYBODY SNIPED.
originally my first choice, but then i thought "Wasteland" and realised it was Overgrown's big brother.

I also disliked 2-Fort in TF2, way too annoying to win on that mode without being a scout.

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
BaronUberstein said:
ToastiestZombie said:

Yeah, that map does have a lot of mixed opinions. I think another reason is because pretty much all map knowledge and skill goes out the window, it's a giant clusterfuck.
Erm, map knowledge is how I do WELL on that map. I know exactly where to go to get early kills depending on what side I spawn on, how to avoid grenades thrown into the buildings. Well, I used too, I haven't reinstalled blackops. <__<

Idk, it never seemed to be a clusterfuck to me. I play on PC if that changes anything.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
Rust in Modern Warfare 2

Worst map ever
Except when there was the Multiplayer Hack Outbreak. That made it hilarious.

OT: Cold Storage didn't have that much to offer, even if it was free. I never did like it.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
BaronUberstein said:
ToastiestZombie said:
BaronUberstein said:
ToastiestZombie said:

Erm, map knowledge is how I do WELL on that map. I know exactly where to go to get early kills depending on what side I spawn on, how to avoid grenades thrown into the buildings. Well, I used too, I haven't reinstalled blackops. <__<

Idk, it never seemed to be a clusterfuck to me. I play on PC if that changes anything.
I played on PC also. But it's the fact that unlike most maps, learning the map is bloody easy. I nearly always died by a grenade as soon as I got into the middle area. And the spawns were just terrible for me, since I normally just played random servers that looked good at the time. Since nobody would ever just stay on there side and shoot over, they would always go further than the bus and swap the spawns, then I who had stayed on the other side would get my ass handed to me.

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
BaronUberstein said:
ToastiestZombie said:
BaronUberstein said:
ToastiestZombie said:

I played on PC also. But it's the fact that unlike most maps, learning the map is bloody easy. I nearly always died by a grenade as soon as I got into the middle area. And the spawns were just terrible for me, since I normally just played random servers that looked good at the time. Since nobody would ever just stay on there side and shoot over, they would always go further than the bus and swap the spawns, then I who had stayed on the other side would get my ass handed to me.
W..why would you go into the middle? I stay in the houses with the FN FAL and play on Hardcore mode. Nobody is getting into house, I kill them in 1 or two hits. :D

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
BaronUberstein said:
ToastiestZombie said:
BaronUberstein said:
ToastiestZombie said:
BaronUberstein said:
ToastiestZombie said:

W..why would you go into the middle? I stay in the houses with the FN FAL and play on Hardcore mode. Nobody is getting into house, I kill them in 1 or two hits. :D
I don't go in the middle, that's what I was saying. Everyone else does, so the spawns flip and the enemy team can come kill me from behind.

Surpheal

Jan 23, 2012
Two from way back would be Missile Silo and Atlantis from 007: Nightfire. Missile Silo was just a bunch of circular platforms strung together with ramps, so enjoy running up and down them to find someone to kill. Atlantis was just a horrendous maze of tunnels and passage ways, so you either memorize the entire map or you get to eat shit for it.

More recently I would have to say any map in RFG that had the Rail driver and the Valor suppression map. The RFG complaint is just that the Rail driver can see and hit you through any wall that you are hiding behind right now, so yeah fuck that. In the suppression map, it is possible to camp on one side of the map from the spawn point, while on the other side everyone is fighting to get into a house using either regular explodery grenades or poison gas. And still on that side there are many different possible sniper nests. So either enjoy your new long distance body piercing, having all your favorite internal organs splattered against the scenery, or choking to death like your fighting Saddam Hussein.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
I am probably the least qualified person to comment on this topic, since the only two games I have sunk any real time into the multiplayer are Burnout Paradise and Mass Effect 3. However...

ZehMadScientist said:
And a little more recently, Firebase Reactor from ME3 multiplayer. That map instantly kills any motivation I had to continue playing.
While I'm not real keen on this map, I don't think its the worst. I really disliked the Comms Array (Firebase Dagger?) from the original maps, but I think the Palaven map is by far the worst of them all.