Worst Music Ever

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
Grunge4Ever said:
Disco, Techno, R&B, Dance, and Rap.
Nah proper disco and techno can be really fuckin catchy. This is comin from a guy who used to hate anything that wasn't rock or metal. You might have listened to some proper techno but if not please don't judge it on all the mainstream pish out there like Calvin Harris and Deadmau5, cause there is much better stuff out there, you just have to look deeper.

OT: I dislike the whole premise of emo. A bunch of middle classed teens complaining about how "tough" their lives are. No thank you, i'll take some cheer with my music thank you very much.

HitsWithStyxx

Nov 26, 2009
reg42 said:
Simple, post the name or video of the worst song you know.
This is obviously opinion based, so no arguements mmmkay?
I hate this. Gives a bad name to my country IMO.
Wow. I'm so sorry. Truly, I am.

OT: N-Dubz. Just suicide inducing levels of bad.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Daffy F said:
Anything by avenged sevenfold! God they're awful...
Anything? really?
I can understand why most of their new stuff is hated (because it's pretty crap) but there's some brilliant stuff on their second album (Waking the Fallen)
Yeah, I can understand why some people can like them, don't get me wrong, I think they have some potential to do something good, it's just that I have not heard anything I like yet... They still have time to change my mind. If you like them, then that's cool :]

Mercurio128

Jan 28, 2010
tsb247 said:
I HATE any and all rap. 'Gangster' rap is the worst of all. It's all just B.S. about selling drugs, mistreating women, and killing cops. If it's not that, it's bragging about something or complaining about something else. I also find rappers to be HUGE hypocrits. You always hear them saying things like, "Peace," or, "Stay in school," and then their 'music' conveys a completely opposing view. I'm not even sure how it became mainstream in the first place. It has almost ZERO redeeming qualities. I see it as talentless noise with overlying bad poetry.

Gang members should be executed on the spot. It's their way of life that spawned that crap, and their very existance drags society down a little more each day they are allowed to survive.

Flames will be promptly ignored. This is my opinion after all.

There are a few exceptions to that stereotype (but you won't be finding any of them on most TV anywhere, not enough 'mass appeal' i.e. I gotz ma bitchez and ma cars and ma 'other generic expensive luxury items that undermine the whole basis of my genre' )

Greydon Square is a good example, though some people (cough.. americans....cough) will be put off by the fact that he raps about atheism. He's sort of post-rap, i.e. he raps about the things in a person encounters in real life and doesn't pander to negative black stereotypes like most artists seem to do these days.

GameOverGoblin

Feb 3, 2010
Anything by the Blacked Eyed Peas, Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber, Kesha, and any teenage boy band. And some mainstream rap.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
ICantBelieveItGoesBoom said:
Also that crazy Viking/death/black/whatever the fuck you want to call it metal.
You just said 3 very different sub genres.

It's like me saying "I hate that jazz/blues/classical stuff"

Elburzito

Feb 18, 2009
The_Healer said:
Anything on the radio right now...

No seriously, I'd rather castrate myself with a rusty spoon than listen to the radio for more than an hour.
Same here mate, same here...

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
I'm probably gonna garner some flak for saying this, but I simply can't STAND Owl City. God. I don't like Adam Young's "voice" (which is really just auto-tuned vocoder whispering), I HATE his lyrics because they're sappy and stupid and about as deep as a cup of water in the Sahara, and his instrumentation is usually three or four electronically generated notes stuck in a blender of effects and set to puree.
AND DEAR GOD IF I HAVE TO HEAR THAT GUY TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH HE WANTS TO HUG NINE OUT OF TEN FIREFLIES ONE MORE TIME I'M GONNA file a formal complaint.
Although, in a weird way, Owl City inspires me. I know exactly what I don't want the songs I write to sound like now!

Chaos Theory

Oct 8, 2009
Wrap - Hip hop

encourages drugs, mistreating women, and occasionally Racism even.

nothing good about that

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Worst music ever hmm? I imagine it would sound something...

If you can listen to that song and not grasp why I describe it as "having my eardrums raped with a sandpaper condom", I posit that your ears are broken.

The irony is I actually like some things In This Moment does, but screaming for 4 minutes is just reprehensible, especially when you can actually sing (why would you do that?!).

Rensenhito said:
I'm probably gonna garner some flak for saying this, but I simply can't STAND Owl City. God. I don't like Adam Young's "voice" (which is really just auto-tuned vocoder whispering), I HATE his lyrics because they're sappy and stupid and about as deep as a cup of water in the Sahara, and his instrumentation is usually three or four electronically generated notes stuck in a blender of effects and set to puree.
AND DEAR GOD IF I HAVE TO HEAR THAT GUY TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH HE WANTS TO HUG NINE OUT OF TEN FIREFLIES ONE MORE TIME I'M GONNA file a formal complaint.
Although, in a weird way, Owl City inspires me. I know exactly what I don't want the songs I write to sound like now!
Until a few days ago I would have said you were over-reacting, but then

I didn't even make it past the second verse before I had to turn it off. It manages to be both extremely sappy and quirky in an irritating way at the same time.

I take great solace in the simple fact that nobody I know likes that shit, so I'll never have to hear it ever again. Yay!