Worst Noob Combo

DarthHK

Jan 3, 2009
Rocket launchers, flamethrowers, and miniguns. Oh my!

Man up and use a rifle, like I do.

Meatstorm

Jan 4, 2009
Mortal kombat and especially characters that tend to do endless combos.

also the CoD4 with some of its perks.

Lukeydoodly

Sep 9, 2008
Halo 2: Plasma pistol and the battle rifle.
CoD4: P90 with steady aim.
CoD5: MP40 with jugg.

Use bolt action rifles at close range like I do!

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Choosing Kilik in Soul Calibur and spamming the 5-poke attack. It's not a particularly difficult strategy to overcome, but man, it's annoying.

_Serendipity_

Jun 15, 2008
The only online games I play very much are Team Fortress 2 and L4D, neither of which really have any n00b combos.
Only things I really find annoying are Fwd + Left Mouse pyros (especially as a medic...), but even then you tend to kill them a lot more than they kill you...

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
CoD with its set of 3 perks and 1 gun that are so unbalanced and un-honorable to use, yet all the n00bs use 'em anyway. That's why I don't play anymore.

TheThanatos

May 8, 2008
Martyrdom, all ways seemed cheap to me. If your in close combat with a group of people, firing a rifle from the hip killing them all but one, and he's toting an smg, you've got an empty gun so you side step he's burst and knife the git, you catch your breath and reload then boom nade at your feet.
That really really sucks, killing 4 or 5 people and dieing like that.
If you want to suicide nade people, man up, pull the pin your self and run towards the enemy screaming.
Awp in counter strike is frustrating. 1 shot kills to the leg just isn't right. A head shot with a scout I can respect, that takes skill.

Jumpman

Sep 4, 2008
Space Spoons said:
Choosing Kilik in Soul Calibur and spamming the 5-poke attack. It's not a particularly difficult strategy to overcome, but man, it's annoying.
yeah, kilik can be a pain. His range is just nasty, making it very hard to get close and do damage. especially if you're using someone like talim who has short range.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I hate it when he turns invisble. Or when he uses shadow teleport followed by his shuriken atta...
oh wait. Not Noob Saibot. You mean newbies? I don't know how this double 'o' thing happened. I would say that its in Halo 2, the combo of a plasma pistol (which was homing in that game) and a pistol/smg. It was a pretty cheap combo.

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
How about the classic plasma pistol/battle rifle from Halo 2 (haven't heard as much about it in 3)? Fire off a full charge of the pistol then quickly switch to the BR and fire one burst right as the plasma shot hits. Instant kill. That was actually referred to as the "noob combo".

I don't mind rifle grenades so much in CoD, but I do hate them with a fiery passion in Search and Destroy.

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
videot76 said:
Mitsurugi. Have I said enough?
Lies, mitsurugi was awesome, not cheap at all :eek:

But yeah, Marty in CoD4 is only thing i can think of off the top of my head. No fun if you were to say, snipe 10 people in a row, then knife some guy just to die to marty, which EVERYONE says is easy to run away from, but it's really not.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Rocket Launchers on any game other than UT3 and the original Quakes, since they were designed for them to be over used.

EDIT: Okay, okay, that isn't technically a combo, so I'll have to say a rocket and then...erm...three hundred other rockets.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
The MGL-140 in Far Cry 2. I hate that thing so much. Putting it in multiplayer was just a bad idea.