Worst reason you ever heard for not liking a band.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
Symp4thy said:
I'm a big country fan, and the one I hear all the time is, "country is just guys singing about their truck and their dog dying." Of course I used to say I hated country too, until I actually listened to it.
yup its actually about long words and stupidity /sarcasm

Panken

May 23, 2009
bushwhacker2k said:
No offense,
Panken said:
Ok, I love the Gorillaz. They are amazing. This is how a certian conversation went.

Girl: What is your favorite band?
Me: Gorillaz.
Girl: That is the cartoon band right?
Me: Well, their music videos are animated.
Girl: Ya they suck.
Me: Have you ever listened to them?
Girl: No, any band that is a cartoon cant be good.
Me: That does not make since. Damon Albourne (The guy behind Gorillaz) is the frontman and an excellent compalation musician.
Girl: Dont care, they are cartoons so they are bad.
No offense, but that conversation sounds a liiiiiiiiiiiittle stretched, but I'll let it go because it sounds fairly likely with how much people discriminate against cartoons.(*Goes to room and cries about lack of friends*)

I discriminate based on genre a LOT, I HATE rap and country music with a passion. But on occasion I hear a decent rap or country song, it's just super rare.

To finish, I agree, people have stupid reasons for the things they think and do. Once you lower your standards of an average human to around the nazi level you will be impressed with how nice and thoughtful they are.
You underestimate the ingorance of rednecks.

hailmagus

Jan 17, 2008
Symp4thy said:
I'm a big country fan, and the one I hear all the time is, "country is just guys singing about their truck and their dog dying." Of course I used to say I hated country too, until I actually listened to it.
You forgot about the beer and corn bread. I'm kidding. (AAAAHHHHH I'm so funny)

CharlieOfNuts

Mar 31, 2009
Right, worst reason I've ever heard...

"It's too mainstream."

Not liking a certain type of music because a lot of people listens to it is, in my humble opinion, wrong.

hailmagus

Jan 17, 2008
Because they're popular. Which can go either way really. Hard to say for sure. But that's a topic for another time me thinks.

But lest we not forget about the almighty Zeppelin of Led.

hailmagus

Jan 17, 2008
CharlieOfNuts said:
Right, worst reason I've ever heard...

"It's too mainstream."

Not liking a certain type of music because a lot of people listens to it is, in my humble opinion, wrong.
Beat me by two seconds. Now we make chingasos.

fearofthemind

May 10, 2009
When people say that they hate the band because everybody else likes them. That's stupid. If it's a good band, then it doesn't matter if everyone else likes it.

Squedee

Apr 3, 2009
hailmagus said:
Because they're popular. Which can go either way really. Hard to say for sure. But that's a topic for another time me thinks.

But lest we not forget about the almighty Zeppelin of Led.
or the maiden of iron or the sabbath of black

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Shapsters said:
What do you want me to say here? People have opinions, if she doesn't like them for that reason, she an idiot, let her live her idiot life. Can't say anyone ever said anything as dumb as that, as I said people have their opinions.
pretty much this, people usually dislike most things for stupid reasons anyways (like I once met a girl who didn't like video games because they smelled funny...)

TundraWolf

Dec 6, 2008
Worst reason I've ever heard?

"They sold out."

I could literally rant about this for hours, but I won't, because I don't want to give myself a hernia.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
Panken said:
Girl: Dont care, they are cartoons so they are bad.
I guess she wouldn't be a fan of Daft Punk either. Interstella (the movie based on their album Discovery) was great!

Sir Broccoli

Sep 17, 2008
"ACDC/Dio/Led Zeppelin aren't good because they are too old"
As if music needs to be new to be good.