Worst sound to hear in a game?

Apr 3, 2009
Banana Phone said:
The crit sound in TF2 when there's nobody around, because it means you just got backstabbed.

Jolly Madness said:
And of course "Nuclear launch detected"
Aaaah, the good old days of Rise of Nations.
I seem to remember RON simply going, "EEP EEP EEp" and filling your screen with a big, Nuclear Launch Detected. It was still terrifying though as you watched that little circle grow smaller on your minimap!

I'd say my worst sound is the sound of hostiles moving just outside of your line of sight in Condemned.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Satki said:
People chatting on Halo 3 or COD4?

Or Any of the character's talking in Assassins creed, you have to listen through their monologues EVERY SINGLE TIME if you fail a mission, ffs

Also this:
marfoir(IRL) said:
MegatonDesign said:
marfoir(IRL) said:
In COD4 there was one sound that filled me with fear:

*click*
and the sound of the frigging silenced P90.
yea those are terrible sounds. But the click i was thinking about was when you have someone in your sights dead bang and you pull the trigger and "click"..dammit! forgot to reload >.<

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
In RE4

*clunk*

Crap, their raising ladders!

*click*

why do you reload now?!

"Leon!" (shouted by ashley)

goddammit, ok were has she gone?

my 2 cents...

rosac

(oh, and sonic's phrase when he goes into his final smash.)

Karrlas

Apr 11, 2009
The sound of "duh duh duh duh" or the annoying looping of a sound sample indefinatley(which I've found always tends to be the one sound that registers at about 150db)as whatever it was you were playing locks up for no apparant reason.

ReZerO

Mar 2, 2009
The horrible sounds in Gauntlet IV
"elf needs food, badly!" "yeowl" "find the hidden treasure"

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
That sound windows makes when a program crashes, because it means all I did in my game was for nothing.

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
When ever I'm watching a cutscene and something big is about to happen and my friend comes online or sends me an invite and the notification sound pops up, I want to destroy the world. Nothing is worse then the most epic moment in a game being ruined by your fucking brain dead friends!

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
The voice of this boss. Especially her death rattle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suVNLDvRSpE

hannahdonno

Apr 5, 2009
AkJay said:
people having sex... worst sound to hear, especially if the voice acting is terrible in the serious parts of a game.
People having sex in Fable- the noise they make me cringe.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Baby Tea said:
The worst sound in a game?

"WHAT?? MOM, WHAT DID YOU SAY?
NO MOM!
...MOM!
...MOM I DID IT LAST WEEK!
...MOM IT'S KATELYN'S TURN!
KATELYN SHUTTUP!
SHUTTUP KATELYN!
NO MOM I'M SORRY! I'LL DO IT AFTER THIS ROUND!
AFTER THIS ROUND!
LIKE 10 MINUTES!
10 MINUTES!
YES MY HOMEWORK IS DONE!
WHAT?
...WHAT??
I DON'T WANNA GOTO GRANDMA'S!"

Ugh...just mute your freaking mic please.
Brilliant. This makes me think of the argument I used to have whenever I'd be playing Final Fantasy Tactics before dinner when I was 14 or so:

WHAT!?
I'M IN A BATTLE!
NO!
LIKE 15 MINUTES!
I CAN'T SAVE RIGHT NOW!
JUST...
OKAY FINE!

Would be just as annoying online, luckily 14 year-old me doesn't play video games online. Actually neither does current me.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Bored Tomatoe said:
The sound those goddamned ants make in fallout 3! GOT FUCKING DAMMIT I HATE THOSE THINGS!
In the making of DVD it shows the sound guy making those ant noises by scrunching up bits of paper. Hope that makes it less creepy for you :)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Rath709 said:
Poison headcrab in Half-Life 2. I have emptied entire clips into the things. The noise they make terrifies me shitless.
Oh God, this...

Playing HL2 with headphones on actually gives me shivers up my back in the bits with those horrible little bastards.

I love it in Ep 1 when Alex finds one and says 'I hate these things!'

smithy1234

Dec 12, 2008
The popping sound when someone is trying to talk to you on MSN and you're on Xbox. YOU CAN TELL I'M ON XBOX, STOP TRYING TO TALK TO ME!!!