The worst sound in a game?

"WHAT?? MOM, WHAT DID YOU SAY?
NO MOM!
...MOM!
...MOM I DID IT LAST WEEK!
...MOM IT'S KATELYN'S TURN!
KATELYN SHUTTUP!
SHUTTUP KATELYN!
NO MOM I'M SORRY! I'LL DO IT AFTER THIS ROUND!
AFTER THIS ROUND!
LIKE 10 MINUTES!
10 MINUTES!
YES MY HOMEWORK IS DONE!
WHAT?
...WHAT??
I DON'T WANNA GOTO GRANDMA'S!"

Ugh...just mute your freaking mic please.
lol class

probably leons squirm in resi 4 it makes me cringe in a nails on a chalkboard made of cats getting raped kinda way

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
Abedeus said:
In Neverwinter Nights, most of the spells (except the silenced ones, of course) have an incantation and the character says something like "omidor, nabora, sesta!" when summoning or "kyou kyeu qu bee, za bee!" when using a Divination spell.

However, my pulse always goes up when I hear a monster or another player cast on me a spell with the sound:

"Ka. Cesta. Kou!" or something like that. To not knowing people - that's a Necromancy spell. I usually expect something like "5829062 Negative Damage" or "1+515221 against 20 DC = critical failure".
Evocation spells are the best for their comedic quality, as it sounds like "Fortano, I did your mom!" (it really does, listen to it). It's become a running joke on my NWN PW.

Arionis

Oct 19, 2008
A swarm in Dead Space.

The little "cheekacheekacheekacheek" that they make.

Get more than 3 on you when you first meet them, and you're gone.

That, or while in a mongoose in Halo 3 and you start to hear "beep beep beep BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP"

icarusfountain

Dec 24, 2008
I'm torn between the door sound in the original Doom and the door sound in the original Resident Evil. Both made me gnash my teeth. :shudder:

Rycane_HHS

Apr 13, 2009
The sound of antlions emerging from their holes in HL2. More because it was starting to get repetitive after the tenth time (running out of bullets was also a factor, but meh) "Oh geez, not any more!"

Otherwise, the teens playing Halo/Halo 2/Halo 3 and shouting in the mic something about cheats after you killed them.

garo

Apr 14, 2009
The noise the 360 makes whenever you run a game thats not saved onto your hardrive.

chomp.

Dec 19, 2008
the shrill microphone cries of a child drunk on the powers of anonymity: "Ha lol you guys are noobs. What? STFU! No YOU shut up, *****!"

But as far as sounds the actual game makes, it would have to be the "!" noise from metal gear; it haunts my dreams.

Or maybe the *THUMP THUMP THUMP* noise of those Predator style invisible Resistance 2 motherfuckers when they come running at you from an unknown direction

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
When the game freezes and your xbox starts making a "GRINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK KLUNK GRINNNNK SCREEEEEEEEEE" sound.
That is REALLY bad.

Curbsidewhiskey

May 12, 2008
*Click*
Shit
*Boom*
I cannot explain to you how many times that happened in CoD4 on the level where you are in that studio filled with terrorist.

Jaccklesby

Apr 12, 2009
The theme music to WoW when you load up the login screen - that's when you know there's no turning back, this is your life now.

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
Fable 1:
"Hero, your health is low"
"Hero, your will energy is running low. Watch that."

Both repeated a gagilliondy times every time either drops below 1/4.

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
chomp. said:
Or maybe the *THUMP THUMP THUMP* noise of those Predator style invisible Resistance 2 motherfuckers when they come running at you from an unknown direction
The fact that they kill you in 1 or so makes them all the worse...
I ran through them all very quickly, had a train following me, shotgun :)

Errrm. OT...The fast headcrabs from Half life 2 are bad. It's more the sound than anything else. The Hunter sound on L4D can be bad as well, with headset on and the sound literally right behind you...eugh

Death916

Apr 21, 2008
Grayjack72 said:
If you can watch the entire video with the volume at max, you are a god among men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duRO3noyAKU
this is worse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nr01gX_V2Y&feature=related

McTom

Apr 15, 2009
"Enemy, Shilka, One Thousand." (ArmA, Flashpoint)

Because you know that in around 30 seconds, hot anti-aircraft death is going to be raining down upon you and your hideously exposed squad-mates.

Actually, pretty much anything from those two that isn't just your average trooper means death is going to be winging it's way to you pretty shortly.

Breno

Jul 4, 2008
in MGS4. when someone sees u and a big ! appears over their head followed by the action music.