Worst sound to hear in a game?

Ossum

Apr 19, 2009
The dischordant sound, Travis choking, and blood spraying when you die in No More Heroes.

LANCE420

Dec 23, 2008
In fucking FEAR, when I hear a fucking screech when im looking at a Fucking ladder.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Mar 16, 2009
That obnoxious beeping noise when a Pokemon's health gets too low.

What's the point? It's turn-based! I have plenty of time to glance at my Pokemon's health. Beeping to signify that health is in the red does not help.

It's the worst sound to hear because it's unnecessary. It exists for no other reason but to annoy you...

Fireyredmullet

Jun 4, 2009
The "WAI DID U TAEK TEH SNIPER RIEFL? I WANT IT NOW!!! RAAAAAGH!! [betrayal] " part of Halo 3's multi-player fan base.

Tekk Man

Dec 2, 2008
It wasn't annoying, but it was disturbing and I didn't nessecarily need to hear it...

The icky sound right at the beginning of Fallout 3. I know you're coming out of a vagina at that point, but did we REALLY have to hear that?

ranger19

Nov 19, 2008
I just got done playing Halo 3 a decent amount for the past week and a half or so. One thing that drove me insane was in a capture the flag game, the opponent would for some reason drop the flag while he was running, and the immediately pick it up, generating a never ending sound of "flag dropped! flag stolen! flag dropped! flag stolen!" and we happened to have a bad team, and couldn't stop them. it was so annoying because it felt like a taunt.

most of the annoying stuff of other people's voices people here are talking about doesn't really annoy me, because im either in a party chat with a friend, or i mute everyone immediately. if it annoys you, it's only your own fault for not muting them.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
Gitsnik said:
I get really tired of that taste the blood song in DMC3, and the "welcome to hell" when you fight the joker character in the special edition.
I like the song (Unless it's a different song, maybe? "Feel free to die when you've had enough?"), it fits with my play style, but the Jester's lines are just flat-out annoying.

I have two: The sound of time rewinding in Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Agent 47s voice in Blood Money.

Bohner239

Jun 4, 2009
The head crab zombie guys in HL2. It was funny, but at the same time terrifying. WHAT ARE THEY SAYING?? "MY ICING"? Then they start crying all over the place, UUUGH I really hate those things!