Worst. Weapon. Ever.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
Treblaine said:
Sarcastic_Applause said:
Wow... i take back what i said about the Klobb's... SA-80's the winner of the worst weapon. I was actually looking up what some Paratroopers thought of the gun series: One of them likened it to a 'civil servant = It never works and can't be fired'. It's unreal that such a money grabbing scheme was orchestrated for something so vital.
I have a lot of respect for the Klobb/Skorpion when you consider what it is: a machine pistol firing a very weak round.

Skorpion is the size and weight of a pistol, it is SO ACCURATE even under full auto which is extraordinary for such a compact weapon, I love it in Black ops for how I am able to be a machien gun sniper.

Dual wield it is a beast, with a long 40hp damage range, huge combined rate of fire and loads of ammo.

But in MGS3 it was my weapon on choice for it's literally laser accuracy, it was the only weapon with a laser sight and had no recoil it was an auto-sniper.

But this is the gun IRL, notice the almost non existent recoil. In fact the top comments are all alleging that he is firing low-recoil blanks (actually impossible with this weapon, it needs an obvious blank-firing adapter)
The Skorpion is an amazing little gun - very accurate, controllable and reliable (unlike comparable shitty MAC-10).
It was also produced under license in Yugoslavia as an M84 Skorpion and was issued to tank crews and aircraft pilots in a pistol holster worn on a belt since it was much more useful than a standard handgun and these guys couldn't carry a full-size rifle.
OT: I think Romanian AK is one of the worst rifles ever made. Especially compared to other AKs.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Major_Tom said:
The Skorpion is an amazing little gun - very accurate, controllable and reliable (unlike comparable shitty MAC-10).
It was also produced under license in Yugoslavia as an M84 Skorpion and was issued to tank crews and aircraft pilots in a pistol holster worn on a belt since it was much more useful than a standard handgun and these guys couldn't carry a full-size rifle.
OT: I think Romanian AK is one of the worst rifles ever made. Especially compared to other AKs.
yup, respect for Skorpion.

But I highly doubt the Rom Ak can be as bad as the SA80, which has to be one of the worst weapons designed in the past 50 years.

http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_SA80.html

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
The unmodified flyspray in Biohazard: Outbreak. If you mod it up with a lighter it is ok as a short range flame thrower, but srsly .. flyspray? Against a Tyrant?

sneeky033

dAT cAPSLOCK
Dec 1, 2009
Easy: the Mantreads [http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Mantreads] in Team Fortress 2. In the month since it was released, on a server that's full 24/7, I have never seen anybody land a hit with them, let alone get a kill.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Dragon_of_red said:
Buster Blade:
It's known to be Clouds best weapon ever, and is everyone favorite, except for the fact that you replace it literally as early as possible. The first weapon you find is better, the slums sell better weapons than the Buster blade
Even Zack only kept it around for the memories, it's less a sword and more a symbol of honor; Angeal never fought with it, instead opting to use his fists.

zefiewings

May 28, 2011
Mechanical Cat Fish said:
Do card games count? Because I'm pretty sure they put the sword chucks in Magic the Gathering. What could be worse than a weapon which is just as dangerous to the wielder as the target? You have to grip it by the blade for goodness' sake.
Holy crap, really? I would love that card, I am now devoting my live to finding it if it real.

It is actually a joke from "Nuklear Power- 8-bit theater", an online comic series. The fighter character is really dumb and makes it up. It is actually really funny. You should check it out.
http://www.nuklearpower.com/2001/03/02/episode-001-were-going-where/

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
So, I've been on a bit of a FFT kick recently.

Handbags, axes, and flails in FFT. Each of these weapons had high attack (A handbag? Really?), but they had one major flaw. They dealt random damage. As a result, virtually any weapon would be better than those pieces of garbage. A sword. A dagger. Hell, I'd take a staff or rod over those things. Oh, and if you accidentally left a handbag on Agrias or Meliadoul, they couldn't use their Holy/Divine Sword skills. Worthless weapons. Did anyone actually use them?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Nieroshai said:
Dragon_of_red said:
Buster Blade:
It's known to be Clouds best weapon ever, and is everyone favorite, except for the fact that you replace it literally as early as possible. The first weapon you find is better, the slums sell better weapons than the Buster blade
Even Zack only kept it around for the memories, it's less a sword and more a symbol of honor; Angeal never fought with it, instead opting to use his fists.
Actually, Angeal did use the Buster Blade from time to time. But just when he needed it. In one of those Limit Flashbacks it showed Zack and Angeal surrounded by monsters. Zack asks if Angeal will use his sword and Angeal replies that it's too bulky and cumbersome for that particular environment. And Angeal did use it to save Zack during a story event.

And honestly, Angeal always claimed that he didn't use it because of wear or whatever, but yeah, you're right, he wanted to respect his father (who had it commissioned for him). Though, I noticed that he didn't always fight with his fists. He seemed to use the basic Soldier blade a decent bit. Like when he Sephiroth and Genesis were, um, playing around.

Not sure how Zack always claims he didn't use it, though. He sure seemed to be swinging that bad boy around to me. I call shenanigans on his claim that he hit enemies with its side.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
AlotFirst said:
Varmint Rifle in Fallout: New Vegas.

It felt as if I was playing Morrowind, missing all the time.
It's funny cause as a gun using character after giving the varmint rifle a night scope and a silencer it became an awesome stealth weapon.

Lukeman1884

Sep 21, 2010
lockecole21 said:
Ordinaryundone said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
I'd say the Gunblade... mainly because I have no idea how that thing would realistically work...
It doesn't actually shoot bullets. When you pull the trigger, it causes the blade to vibrate, making it do more damage. Thats why you have to pull it in sync with Squall's attacks during his Limit Breaks for more damage.
snipty

that's funny then why is there an explosion when you fire it correctly?
The gunblade's blade is pretty much just like an attached bullet. When you pull the trigger, it "shoots" the blade forwards a little, causing the increased damage. The "explosion" is the muzzle flash from the barrel.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Saltyk said:
Nieroshai said:
Dragon_of_red said:
Buster Blade:
Actually, Angeal did use the Buster Blade from time to time. But just when he needed it. In one of those Limit Flashbacks it showed Zack and Angeal surrounded by monsters. Zack asks if Angeal will use his sword and Angeal replies that it's too bulky and cumbersome for that particular environment. And Angeal did use it to save Zack during a story event.

And honestly, Angeal always claimed that he didn't use it because of wear or whatever, but yeah, you're right, he wanted to respect his father (who had it commissioned for him). Though, I noticed that he didn't always fight with his fists. He seemed to use the basic Soldier blade a decent bit. Like when he Sephiroth and Genesis were, um, playing around.

Not sure how Zack always claims he didn't use it, though. He sure seemed to be swinging that bad boy around to me. I call shenanigans on his claim that he hit enemies with its side.
Angeal using a SOLDIER sword instead of the Buster Sword has significance in that the only time Angeal ever used the Buster Sword was as a last resort. Zach may be full of crap though, but I've never freeze-framed his attack animation to tell. This series is known for cutscenes having primary canon and sometimes ignoring gameplay though, or Aeris would've come back the next time I had a Phoenix Down. Unless she died willingly like Palom and Porom, there's a theory: Phoenix Down only heals unwilling deaths?

Still trying to think of a useless weapon... um, Wakka's Blitzball? Probably already been ninja'd here, but even though it does do real damage, it really shouldn't.

Takuanuva

Jun 12, 2011
TheAmokz said:
Spartan laser. Worst weapon of all time. I don't think i managed to kill any enemies with it in Halo 3.
Uhm... I have to disagree. Sure, it requires you to charge the beam for a second or two, thus it's dificult to aim that thing, but due to IMMENSE damage it's a great anti-vehicle weapon- you can destroy anything with one shoot. Magnum was MUCH worse...

LordRoyal

May 13, 2011
Yumore said:
The Crowbar in Deus Ex... if your gonna be using melee why kill the person if you can knock them out at the same range silentley
The crowbar is the first melee weapon you get in the game, and is stronger then the Knife statistically. Only the knife can kill an enemy from behind whilst the crowbar takes 1-2 hits on Realistic.

Generally I used the crowbar on crates since it broke them faster then the Knife

Reet72 said:
AlotFirst said:
Varmint Rifle in Fallout: New Vegas.

It felt as if I was playing Morrowind, missing all the time.
It's funny cause as a gun using character after giving the varmint rifle a night scope and a silencer it became an awesome stealth weapon.
For the first 5 levels maybe, the Varmint rifle is greatly outclassed very early in the game. Pretty much as soon as you get to Freeside you should already have a Hunting Rifle, some mods for it and easily a good nest of ammunition for it.

Not to mention the Varmint's rifle damage against anything stronger then say one enemy, or a Molerat was very disappointing. Especially considering the Hunting Rifle suits you well for at least 10 levels as your primary long ranged weapon till you get the Sniper Rifle.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Jove said:
Easy. The stick from Fable 1. Seriously...a stick. That's as low as you can get!
Oh my God, I kicked so much ass with that stick. With max strength, it was a pretty decent weapon for killing bandits.

If we're talking about guns, I'd have to say the Klobb from Goldeneye. I'm pretty sure it still holds the title for "Worst Gun in a Videogame". If we're talking about melee weapons, go ahead and pick any toy weapon from Dead Rising. They're all funny as hell to use, but they all suck.