Worst. Weapon. Ever.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Another one for the FO3 chinese pistol and .32 revolver I guess.

Most games give you the crappiest weapon to start with and as such it becomes very useful, because it's all you got at that point.

FO3 drops it's worst weapons later on for you to pick up. The a mint condition chinese pistol is not only worse than a standard 10mm that is almost falling apart, it is actually slighly worse than the air powered BB gun.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Monkey gun in Timsplitters 3. Fires an entire round in 2 seconds and takes half a century to reload. If you miss your target, you're screwed.

setting_son

Apr 14, 2009
.32 Revolver in Fallout 3. I wanted to use it for the cowboy aesthetic - the Scoped Magnum didn't really suit the look - but it's such an awful weapon, you might as well spit tobacco at enemies and wait for them to get cancer.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
The M1 Garand in Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam.

I don't know what happened between Battlefield 1943 and Vietnam, where the gun next appears, but it went from a sure killer to something just a bit more hurty than a BB gun. And it's supposed to be a "special reward to veteran players", too!

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
Fan-O-War from TF2. If you've got close enough to a guy to use it you're probably behind them. If you're behind them and close enough to hit them with the fan you can probably kill them with your scattergun / bat anyway.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Riecharus said:
I once went to the doge's palace in italy and on one of the walls there was a display case of a whole bunch of weapons and I have to admit that some were pretty awesome but then we got to the wall were they discovered blackpowder. Every. Single. Weapon. had a gun on it. But the worse one was a halberd with a gun on it, what's the point? Give that thing to an anime character And they will destroy, but in real life there is no reason.

You doubt the Immortal Emperor's wisdom? The Inquisition will have a word with you soon...

Mechanical Cat Fish

May 16, 2009
zefiewings said:
Mechanical Cat Fish said:
Do card games count? Because I'm pretty sure they put the sword chucks in Magic the Gathering. What could be worse than a weapon which is just as dangerous to the wielder as the target? You have to grip it by the blade for goodness' sake.
Holy crap, really? I would love that card, I am now devoting my live to finding it if it real.

It is actually a joke from "Nuklear Power- 8-bit theater", an online comic series. The fighter character is really dumb and makes it up. It is actually really funny. You should check it out.
http://www.nuklearpower.com/2001/03/02/episode-001-were-going-where/
I know. I'm much more familiar with the comic than the card game.

rutcommapat

Jul 1, 2011
Niko Belic's useless fucking fists in GTA4.

I realize that Rockstar was going the realistic route with this game (Which is in itself a stupid idea), but is it really realistic for him to punch the ground an inch away from the head of a civilian on the ground WHO ISN'T MOVING AT ALL?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Nieroshai said:
Saltyk said:
Nieroshai said:
Dragon_of_red said:
Buster Blade:
It's known to be Clouds best weapon ever, and is everyone favorite, except for the fact that you replace it literally as early as possible. The first weapon you find is better, the slums sell better weapons than the Buster blade
Even Zack only kept it around for the memories, it's less a sword and more a symbol of honor; Angeal never fought with it, instead opting to use his fists.
Actually, Angeal did use the Buster Blade from time to time. But just when he needed it. In one of those Limit Flashbacks it showed Zack and Angeal surrounded by monsters. Zack asks if Angeal will use his sword and Angeal replies that it's too bulky and cumbersome for that particular environment. And Angeal did use it to save Zack during a story event.

And honestly, Angeal always claimed that he didn't use it because of wear or whatever, but yeah, you're right, he wanted to respect his father (who had it commissioned for him). Though, I noticed that he didn't always fight with his fists. He seemed to use the basic Soldier blade a decent bit. Like when he Sephiroth and Genesis were, um, playing around.

Not sure how Zack always claims he didn't use it, though. He sure seemed to be swinging that bad boy around to me. I call shenanigans on his claim that he hit enemies with its side.
Angeal using a SOLDIER sword instead of the Buster Sword has significance in that the only time Angeal ever used the Buster Sword was as a last resort. Zach may be full of crap though, but I've never freeze-framed his attack animation to tell. This series is known for cutscenes having primary canon and sometimes ignoring gameplay though, or Aeris would've come back the next time I had a Phoenix Down. Unless she died willingly like Palom and Porom, there's a theory: Phoenix Down only heals unwilling deaths?

Still trying to think of a useless weapon... um, Wakka's Blitzball? Probably already been ninja'd here, but even though it does do real damage, it really shouldn't.
I know he only used it as a last resort. I was just pointing out that he did use it when he wanted/needed to. Like when he was protecting something important to him, like Zack.

And I just pointed out Zack supposedly striking enemies with the flat of the Buster Sword because it was apparently noticeable (Cloud points it out in a cutscene). I always thought he could have avoided using the Buster Sword while carrying it like Angeal, in that case. Zack was fully capable of fighting with his fists. Not only for his special Beat Rush (Angeal Limit), but in the OVA we see Zack obilerate a group of soldiers using his fists while the Buster Sword was shielding Cloud from gunfire. I know its kinda a nitpick, but I noticed it dammit!

To be fair, a few of the Blitzball's he used had blades and such. Though, I agree it's still a stupid weapon. and how does it do any damage underwater? Actually, how do any of them do any damage underwater?

I'm sticking with handbags, axes, and flails in FFT. Actually, I might extend that to any weapon that does random damage.

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
Hmm, I'd probably have to say the grenade launcher with acid rounds in the original Resident Evil. Pretty much makes zombies just look like they're farting every few seconds, hardly does any damage.

"It works especially well against LIVING THINGS"
-Barry, describing said weapon, in a game where the main enemies are ZOMBIES

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Treblaine said:
Outside of games: the SA80 rifle series

Oh god it is awful, a black mark on the British establishment. The only positive to come from it is the discipline and loyalty of British troops that tolerate such a a diabolical device, and a shame on the officers who too so long to even get the weapon fixed:
And here was I thinking it would be nice to put it into a FPS. How depressing.

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
AlotFirst said:
Varmint Rifle in Fallout: New Vegas.

It felt as if I was playing Morrowind, missing all the time.
Obviously you never found ratslayer. The Silenced night vision scoped and extended mag'd one with only slightly higher damage. Sneak headshots at range ohh yes. Readily available ammo ohh yess.

Iwata said:
The M1 Garand in Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam.

I don't know what happened between Battlefield 1943 and Vietnam, where the gun next appears, but it went from a sure killer to something just a bit more hurty than a BB gun. And it's supposed to be a "special reward to veteran players", too!
Did not play the BFBC2 Vietnam but I played the hell out of 1943 and the m1 there was godamn lethal. I was quite proud of my marksmanship at the time. I put the sniper back into none scoped weapons.

LordRoyal said:
Yumore said:
snip

Reet72 said:
AlotFirst said:

It's funny cause as a gun using character after giving the varmint rifle a night scope and a silencer it became an awesome stealth weapon.
For the first 5 levels maybe, the Varmint rifle is greatly outclassed very early in the game. Pretty much as soon as you get to Freeside you should already have a Hunting Rifle, some mods for it and easily a good nest of ammunition for it.

Not to mention the Varmint's rifle damage against anything stronger then say one enemy, or a Molerat was very disappointing. Especially considering the Hunting Rifle suits you well for at least 10 levels as your primary long ranged weapon till you get the Sniper Rifle.
Umm I always carry both. Why? Because a sneak crit headshot is a sneak crit headshot regardless of weapon. Almost any enemy that was not super mutant or armoured fell one hit to my ratslayer at night. When something tougher came along then I would break out the big guns. And don't get me started on the hunting rifle in new vegas. Give me ratslayer any day over that crud.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Reet72 said:
AlotFirst said:

It's funny cause as a gun using character after giving the varmint rifle a night scope and a silencer it became an awesome stealth weapon.
It works even better when you have the special ammo recipe/schematic and the extended magazine.

With a fully modded Varmint Rifle, high Guns and the jacketed hollow point (I forget the actual name for that type of ammo in that caliber) I was able to kill Fiends and Legion members with long range sneak shots.
P.S. I played on the normal setting, not the easy setting.

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
prod, worms...

except for the extreme humiliation that's related to killing someone with it, it's just a useless piece of garbage of a weapon...

Freedon Nad

Feb 5, 2009
PEPS gun from DX: Human Revolution
The equip speed is painfull, reload even more so and it just knocks the enemy of it's feet, makes them HOSTILE... it has no use. Concusion grenades is a grenade version of that. If going non-lethal, you should use gas grenades instead.