Worst. Weapon. Ever.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Urdnot Perplex said:
The survival knives from Resident Evil. If your life is in danger you're better off slitting your throat with it to avoid experiencing what it's like to be eaten.
actually if you slash at a zombies feet it usally knocks them down, letting you go to town on them. i'm not saying its the best thing ever (the trick only works on zombies) but its a great way to conserve ammo for when you run into one of the nastier enemies

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
The Short Circuit from TF2.

Literally the weakest weapon, can't even inflict more than 6 damage, plus it consumes precious metal instead of ammo.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
I have a list of forbidden weapons that I just refuse to use in the respective game it belongs to. The silenced M9 hand gun in CoD4 is definitely up there. The M4 Carbine from MW2 is another one that just doesn't have the ability to kill people. In Fallout 3 I hated the Dart Gun. I just didn't see the point of it. Once I got to a level high enough to actually encounter deathclaws regularly I had already gotten the Alien Blaster and could 1 shot them most of the time, and then rarely it was a 2 shot. And besides deathclaws, there are really no enemies that would sprint at you especially quickly except for behemoths, but the Dart Gun didn't work on those guys anyway. I always hated the Spartan Laser in Halo 3, mostly because I don't even own a 360, so whenever I would play I would suck with the controller, suck at the game, and I could never line it up right so it was basically just a glorified laser pointer at least in my hands. Any sniper in Black Ops from what little I played of that piece of garbage was useless. You couldn't hit people and when you finally did it was basically exclusively hitmarkers, even with the sniper that was supposed to be the strongest.

These were just the worst weapons in my opinion from what games I've played, and I'm probably missing a few.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Frank West and Chuck Greene's unjuiced spit attack. Of course with a Spitfire juice in your inventory it's a whole other ball game.

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
The molerat repellent from Fallout 3. You can kill molerats with a single hit! It takes up 8 pounds which could be used for something more useful, like toy cars or tin cans.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
80% of the weapon roster in Daikatana

Want to make the game artificially more difficult? Make it so that over half the weapons have huge splash damage, and then force the player into close-quarters situations constantly.

luvva

Mar 28, 2011
FilipJPhry said:
The molerat repellent from Fallout 3. You can kill molerats with a single hit! It takes up 8 pounds which could be used for something more useful, like toy cars or tin cans.
BUT IT'S SO FUN TO SEE THINGS EXPLODE ^_^

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Funny how people classify a bad weapon. It's not weapons that sound good on paper but had poor execution during design; it's just shitty weapons.

I think the award goes to prod from Worms, since there is no possible way to win a match with JUST prod. Most other weapons just require some luck and skill to run at least "fine"

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
The plasma pistol.

On it's own, outside of the books and lore, it sucks.

YET, as enemies artificially enhance the firepower of their guns, it will kill you, but when you shoot things with a plasma pistol, you'd be better off just throwing it at them.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
Freedon Nad said:
PEPS gun from DX: Human Revolution
The equip speed is painfull, reload even more so and it just knocks the enemy of it's feet, makes them HOSTILE... it has no use. Concusion grenades is a grenade version of that. If going non-lethal, you should use gas grenades instead.
PEP works fine and in the last level it's kind of necessary if you want nonlethal.

The problem is that its range is difficult to get a three person hit when you want to without being noticed and that it makes sound.

But this is from a game with a lightning taser, and yet we have TASERS that can fire at three people at once, BUT NOT this one.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
Freedon Nad said:
PEPS gun from DX: Human Revolution
The equip speed is painfull, reload even more so and it just knocks the enemy of it's feet, makes them HOSTILE... it has no use. Concusion grenades is a grenade version of that. If going non-lethal, you should use gas grenades instead.
I loved the PEPS gun...
of course i maliciously misused it.

PEPSing people off ledges...
Punting dumpsters or large containers at groups of enemies...
PEPSing people into mines or death traps...

It was like the HL2 Physics gun.

i just hated that the thing had next to no ammo through out most of the game.

PonceyMcTosserFaic

Jul 30, 2011
NOW i KNOW im gonna catch a LOT of flak for this but IDC.....i say it's the DMR from reach.

one shot is fine by me BUT usually it fires as fast as i can pull the trigger. BUT NO, you can only fire one bullet at timed intervals. really? at least the BR from Halo 3 fired 3 bullets in a burst not just 1. DMR, WORST. WEAPON. EVER.

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
FilipJPhry said:
two hits actually.... sell it back to moira for around 70 caps

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Jove said:
Easy. The stick from Fable 1. Seriously...a stick. That's as low as you can get!
This. You would think he would look around for a nail or tie a rock or blade to it and turn it into an axe or a mace. lol. Humans have only been doing that since cavemen. :)

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
The plastic laser sword from Dead Rising. That thing was sick to beat zombies with, (Pshoooo!) but you could carry 10 of the things around and still not kill anyone. Useless.

demalo

Aug 16, 2011
I read a walkthrough on that (i'll probably be ninja'd on this) but they are good for cockatrice and something else - I think enemies that hit you back after being hit by magic or physical attacks because Dice are neither. Fixed dice are better, and they'll always damage even despite the enemies defense. Use the Offering. Read this faq, best ever written for FF VI: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/562865-final-fantasy-vi/faqs/39863

Also, worst weapon in the FF series is anything that Cyan from FF VI can use or do. I didn't realize this until I read this faq, but he is utterly useless when I actually started trying to use him after reading through the walkthrough. So disappointing too because his moves are sooooo cool!

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
CrazyGirl17 said:
I'd say the Gunblade... mainly because I have no idea how that thing would realistically work...
Actually, it has an ever so slightly probable explanation. It doesn't actually fire a bullet at someone. It basically sets off a charge that goes up to the tip of the blade, causing it to vibrate during a slice. Still kinda dumb, but not as bad.