Would you kill your friend to save 10 other people

Skrableren

Aug 16, 2008
Fusionxl said:
Skrableren said:
Can you really pull the tricker on a person who trusts you and have loved you and yours for years? I question if you have any heart, if you can really put to death your friend, and be blamed by the whole of your social network.

I question if you are even human.

Strangers are strangers, if you don't have a friend you would sacrifice 10 strangers for. Your friends suck.
And those strangers are humans like you and me. How are you going to tell someone you killed their mother and left her 3 children with a broken family for the rest of their life only because you didn't want to lose a pal. Ten fucking people with others who care for them and love them.

No, the decision wouldn't be easy, but you'd be no better than a serial killer if you don't choose to save the lives of so many.
Look, I'm pretty honest here, I would murder as many people as my mind would allow me to save my best friend. Because thats how much I care about my friend, I love my friends as much as I love my mother or my baby sister.

If you can kill your own mother to save 10 strangers. I tip my hat to you, but I don't want to be your friend, because either your emotionaly dead, or your a psyco.

And the left familys, yes, god damnit it is horrible, and I would try to console my self with the thought that who ever killed them, wasn't me, but some horrible evil idiot who tried to make me chose.
If I had the chance I would appoligize for their loss, turn up to their funerals what ever, let the griving puch me to plub. But I can't kill my own family, just as little as they would have been able to kill theirs.

Mr.logic

Nov 18, 2009
in that situation if there was absolutely no way to escape it then I wouldn't do anything and let the passengers die.

it feels wrong but you always have a choice murder isn't the answer even if others die the person who did this is the murderer don't let him make you into one.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
The ten innocent people dying wouldn't burden my conscious as long as I am not the one DIRECTLY doing it.

Example: If I had to stab them, no. If I had to just press a button and watch them blow up, yes.

Adecristo

May 20, 2010
It surprised me how egoistic people can be saying, that lives of 10 random people have no value comparing to one certain life. Many of you actually think, that if a person is close to you, he/she shouldn't die - bah, you'd even sacrifice many other people if thanks to that you didn't have to kill your friend.
You're pretty selfish and don't value thing called "life" very high. You shouldn't be selfish, but objective, when it comes to deal with someone's life.

Many people would actually kill whole your family and all of your friends just to spare one person. And you are ready to do that to other people. This is sort of scary - imagine, that there's a family made of 2 parents, 3 children (one of them is 10 years old) and 4 grandparents. You are ready to let all of them die, excluding this one child, but including his 2 best friends. This makes 10 people you don't know.
I don't think letting all of them die just to save your friend is fair. I was afraid I'm the only one, who wouldn't kill his friend, but now I understand people aren't fair in their nature, and they are selfish to the extremity, probably able to destroy whole country to let their family live.

Mr.logic

Nov 18, 2009
is it psycopathic to sacrifce someone you love to save many more people who all have loved ones?

what you call psycopathic I call a difficult decision. Lets change the situation slightly either you die or ten random people die,could you live with the burden? You only have one life to live but so do they.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
Keep in mind that your friend would probably die regardless of what you did. If this guy can kill 10 people at once and wants 1 guy dead, I think he's make sure that 1 guy dies no matter the cost.

I don't have many friends which kind of effects my decision on this. Now if it was something like an acquaintance or classmate or co-worker, Hell, I'd go Nigerian Firing Squad on their ass.

I'd probably only kill my friend to save the 10 if I was paid, or got to keep at least one of them as an indentured servant.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Wenseph said:
No, my friends are more valuable to me than 10 other people.
Pretty much this. And I am starting to lose my patience for these weird ethical and moral quandaries every time I log into the Escapist... Did I miss a memo where we must see one every two hours?

No I won't kill my friends for people I don't care about. Yes, I am a despicable person. Yes, I might consider murdering somebody if I could get away with it depending on who it is. *sigh*

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
My friend will live, strangers will die.

Also, I'm sure someone has mentioned this allready but, obvious Poll-question does not have a poll... what?

Skrableren

Aug 16, 2008
Adecristo said:
It surprised me how egoistic people can be saying, that lives of 10 random people have no value comparing to one certain life. Many of you actually think, that if a person is close to you, he/she shouldn't die - bah, you'd even sacrifice many other people if thanks to that you didn't have to kill your friend.
You're pretty selfish and don't value thing called "life" very high. You shouldn't be selfish, but objective, when it comes to deal with someone's life.

Many people would actually kill whole your family and all of your friends just to spare one person. And you are ready to do that to other people. This is sort of scary - imagine, that there's a family made of 2 parents, 3 children (one of them is 10 years old) and 4 grandparents. You are ready to let all of them die, excluding this one child, but including his 2 best friends. This makes 10 people you don't know.
I don't think letting all of them die just to save your friend is fair. I was afraid I'm the only one, who wouldn't kill his friend, but now I understand people aren't fair in their nature, and they are selfish to the extremity, probably able to destroy whole country to let their family live.

Are you really so emotionaly dead that you can kill your own best friend, or your mother? your sister? I would let 10 people die for my DOG. Yes goddamnit it is SELFISH, god! ofcause it is, I don't think anyone would say otherwise.
But that isn't the damn issue here, it's can you or can you not, and will you or will you not.

If you can kill your own sister point blank then you are sick in the god damn head, and wether you save a million people or no, dosen't mean a lick. IF YOU CAN KILL YOUR OWN MOTHER YOU ARE GOD DAMN SICK IN YOUR HEAD.

Fuck.

god damn I love talks like these.

Miffmoff

Aug 31, 2009
Oh god no, my friends are very special to me and mean a lot more to me than 10 random people off the street

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
See, id easily let the 10 die. Its not even a dilemma for me.

Since the person I'm not going to kill is my friend i am 100% certain that it is a decent person, intelligent, able to think for themselves and open-minded. For all i know those 10 can be total jerks, idiots, ignorants and racists. Simple math. Help the evolution.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
Adecristo said:

What you obviously haven't considered is that some of us(myself included) simply cannot bring themselves to shoot someone we care immensely about, point blank.

And frankly, what scares me is that you would have no qualms in killing someone that close to you.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
i would, kill one save ten. also seeing as my friend is a bit of a dick sometimes and im better off alone it wouldnt bother me too much in all honesty. i dunno if thats just me being a heartless fuck or what but there have been times where i have physically restrained myself from killing people in the past xD

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
HA! People die all the time, I would even kill 10 people with a machine gun just to spare a friend. If i didn't know them that is.