Wrong Choices in Mass Effect 2 May Doom Shepard

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Cool idea. When I saw the title I thought it would mean actual choices made throughout the game can kill you at any time, like in Knights of the Old Republic. (Anyone remember Manaan?)
You can die on manaan!?

I think this is a great idea! It will make me a whole lot more invested in the game. I just hope that bioware will pull through and create an awesome game.
Yep, during the trial portion.
Awesome! How do you lose?

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Cool idea. When I saw the title I thought it would mean actual choices made throughout the game can kill you at any time, like in Knights of the Old Republic. (Anyone remember Manaan?)
You can die on manaan!?

I think this is a great idea! It will make me a whole lot more invested in the game. I just hope that bioware will pull through and create an awesome game.
You can let the guy they gave you go on, where he'll go for an insanity defense and than you are excuted. Or you can just be really stupid.
Interesting. I can't believe I never noticed this before. Thank you.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
You can die on manaan!?

You can let the guy they gave you go on, where he'll go for an insanity defense and than you are excuted. Or you can just be really stupid.
Yes, it's one of those things in games you only find out by either playing it a lot, or by this sort of occurence.
I play a lot I just always convinced them that it was all the siths fault.

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
*Presses the Pre-order Mass Effect 2 button fifty times.*

This. Looks. Awesome.

I was deciding weither or not to pre-order this, Halo 3: ODST, or MW2.

This video made me decide. :D

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
They've said that Shepard dying is definitely not doing to be a surprise to the player. In other words your mission will start going to shit a while before Shepard meets his fate so its not gonna be some cheap whoops your walked through the wrong door now your dead, gg thing.

They have also hinted at Shepard having a greater chance of surviving if you take the time to prepare before the final mission. IE, recruit everyone you can, gain the loyalty of your team members and to an extent even completeting the side quests/uncharted worlds.

Edit: Oh and I really doubt the decisions that can lead to Shepard dying are going to be tiny little things. You can count on them being game changing decisions. So people really shouldn't fear EVERY little thing =p

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
I think if you die at certain points you get a new character which would make sense because there's going to be third mass effect game.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Bigeyez said:
They've said that Shepard dying is definitely not doing to be a surprise to the player. In other words your mission will start going to shit a while before Shepard meets his fate so its not gonna be some cheap whoops your walked through the wrong door now your dead, gg thing.

They have also hinted at Shepard having a greater chance of surviving if you take the time to prepare before the final mission. IE, recruit everyone you can, gain the loyalty of your team members and to an extent even completeting the side quests/uncharted worlds.
Also probably be renegade version of this.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
murphy7801 said:
I think if you die at certain points you get a new character which would make sense because there's going to be third mass effect game.
Bioware has said that if your shepard dies in ME2 you'll play ME3 as and I quote "a shepard but not your shepard". So if your shepard dies, he/she is dead, period. this brings up the question of who this other shepard is. Family member maybe?, son/daughter? Who knows.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
You can die on manaan!?

Yes, it's one of those things in games you only find out by either playing it a lot, or by this sort of occurence.
Well you're smart than. I've never told them about the Selkath kids being kidnapped, I just never saw that option.
You have to do a side quest before going near the jail.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Jester Lord said:
NoMoreSanity said:
You can die on manaan!?

Well you're smart than. I've never told them about the Selkath kids being kidnapped, I just never saw that option.
Its all about the persuade skill. Mine is always high. You don't even need to mention the selkath youth to get out of that situation. All you need is a high persuade.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Bigeyez said:
murphy7801 said:
Bioware has said that if your shepard dies in ME2 you'll play ME3 as and I quote "a shepard but not your shepard". So if your shepard dies, he/she is dead, period. Family member maybe?, son/daughter? who knows.
Well maybe but they said they where doing a trilogy before they even released the first one. So I'm thinking you will control a brand new character not Shepard and not a clone it makes sense because the way knights of the old republic 2 had npcs from the first but you where a new person.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
murphy7801 said:
Bigeyez said:
murphy7801 said:
Bioware has said that if your shepard dies in ME2 you'll play ME3 as and I quote "a shepard but not your shepard". So if your shepard dies, he/she is dead, period. Family member maybe?, son/daughter? who knows.
Well maybe but they said they where doing a trilogy before they even released the first one. So I'm thinking you will control a brand new character not Shepard and not a clone it makes sense because the way knights of the old republic 2 had npcs from the first but you where a new person.
Could be. The only reason I would find against that is people wouldn't want to not play as commander shepard. (Think raiden anger in MGS) Then again Bioware isn't really afraid of taking risks so I'm not banking on anything atm.

Either way their going to have to make up something to explain the where this new character was during ME1 and 2 so guess we'll see what happens.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Bigeyez said:
murphy7801 said:
Bigeyez said:
murphy7801 said:
Could be. The only reason I would find against that is people wouldn't want to not play as commander shepard. (Think raiden anger in MGS) Then again Bioware isn't really afraid of taking risks so I'm not banking on anything atm.

Either way their going to have to make up something to explain the where this new character was during ME1 and 2 so guess we'll see what happens.
Yer the big risk taking seems to be making interesting game glad they have strengthen the exploration part of the game. Also not playing Shepard probably be if you dint have a game save so first timer so cant see that being a problem. Also if got Shepard killed ending its your own fault (which I would find hilarious cruel twist of irony) For being such a renegade (I.E alien hater mass murderer).

burgbrand22

Jul 10, 2009
What I want to know about Mass Effect 2 is if they're going to cut down on the dialogues where NPCs talk to you like brainy scholars from a university.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
gold_digger22 said:
What I want to know about Mass Effect 2 is if they're going to cut down on the dialogues where NPCs talk to you like brainy scholars from a university.
yer just push them out windows

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I just absolutely can't wait for this game. It's going to blow every other RPG out of the water.

Also: anyone think that bearded guy in the suit being helped by Shepard in the Normandy's destruction is Joker? Pause at 3:31.