Xbox Infinity unveiling in less than 10 hours

artvande1ay

May 17, 2013
No, I don't want to do more than one thing at the same time, I just want to play a fucking game!
And I'm afraid all that grabbing and voice commanding will probably work as accurately as the current Kinect.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
Anathrax said:
Because when I saw an Xbox, I thought: "Gee, I wish I could watch TV on it". If I drop an F-Bomb, would it switch to some erotic program?
That's actually the reason I disconnected my kinect haha I was playing NBA 2K13 and swore because the computer made some bullshit shot and I got a tech foul which means I couldn't swear at all while playing the game which is sometimes uncontrollable.

Ok, that fantasy basketball thing is pretty cool.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
capper42 said:
Nobody cares about all this stuff, why would they start with it? Just show us the games!
I think they've forgotten its a game console. Sell something that doesn't have 600$ worth of hardware to the sports fans.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
So far it's all mulch-media fluff; irrelevant to gaming... And yeah, Kinect is there, they are just smart enough not to mention it by name. Time to get out the alcohol.

djl3485

Sep 30, 2012
capper42 said:
Nobody cares about all this stuff, why would they start with it? Just show us the games!
I care. I find all this technology fascinating. They already said they'll be introducing some games. It's an hour long presentation.

Like all presentations you save the best for last.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
WHO CARES ABOUT TV? SHOW THE DAMNED GAMES ALREADY!

This console generation is already shaping up to look like crap. Seriously, all the time wasted into that TV functionality could be used to make the console easier to develop games for, maybe optimize something, bug fixes or something related to GAMING.

Edit: "Important input devices." Kinect. Excuse me while I laugh my sides off.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
This thing is going to fucking tank, I'm calling it now.
No gamer cares about this stuff, and no regular person is going to see a reason why they need a magic hand waving camera because, despite what MS is claiming, pressing the "input" button on my remote isn't very difficult. In fact, I have a very expensive home receiver with two output zones, a good 8 HDMI ins, two HDMI outs, audio ins, SPDIF connectors, etc. I use all this stuff because i hook several instruments, MFX petals, DJ controllers, etc; up to my living room sound system.

Quite frankly, I'm someone who is very frequently switching inputs and outputs, but it's really not that hard. Nor do I think the xbox one is going to have anywhere near the amount of inputs I need.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I kind of like how the Console is a patchwork of Dark Gray and Black. Definitely better then just all black/dark gray, like the WiiU and the PS4. I'm not a fan of the name, "Xbox One". Let's just see how the games for it are.

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
djl3485 said:
capper42 said:
I care. I find all this technology fascinating. They already said they'll be introducing some games. It's an hour long presentation.

But it's mostly something that most smart TVs are already capable of. Why not use their USP, that they're a GAMES console. I doubt it would be hard for them to fill an hour with stuff about games, instead of using the first third discussing very slowly about how well you can switch between different screens.

I know that's useful technology, but it shouldn't be a major selling point of your console.

The Apple BOOM

Nov 16, 2012
Mainly because they didn't say they were using x86. If they were, I would expect them to come out and say it.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
The Apple BOOM said:
It's sounding like they're leaving x86 architecture behind. This is not good for devs.
x64 still uses the x86 pipeline, it's kind of confusing but it's actually a good thing. Sony is doing the same thing. Theoretically, development on the PS4, xbox one and PC should be a lot easier. Hopefully ports will be better as a result.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
Xbox One is a stupid name, are they attending the Nintendo school of confusing product naming? Controller looks nice.

djl3485

Sep 30, 2012
capper42 said:
djl3485 said:
capper42 said:

But it's mostly something that most smart TVs are already capable of. Why not use their USP, that they're a GAMES console. I doubt it would be hard for them to fill an hour with stuff about games, instead of using the first third discussing very slowly about how well you can switch between different screens.

I know that's useful technology, but it shouldn't be a major selling point of your console.
Which Smart TVs? I have a Smart TV and mine can't do any of that. it connects to the internet whoopie.