Xbox Infinity unveiling in less than 10 hours

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
Starting to talk about xbox live and unfortunately it looks like they aren't going to make it free. This is just the vibe I'm getting and hopefully I'm proven wrong.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
I like the new controller, at least it doesn't look like some sort of abomination like the PS4 controller and it looks like you can actually play games on it.

They finally mention Kinect by name... fuck. Whats the point of making something better when no one wanted it to begin with? Wii motion plus didn't change the minds of anyone who already hated the waggle sticks.

The Apple BOOM

Nov 16, 2012
AC10 said:
The Apple BOOM said:
It's sounding like they're leaving x86 architecture behind. This is not good for devs.
x64 still uses the x86 pipeline, it's kind of confusing but it's actually a good thing. Sony is doing the same thing. Theoretically, development on the PS4, xbox one and PC should be a lot easier. Hopefully ports will be better as a result.
But they said 64 bit, not x64, which could be something else. I hate these names, though. I also thought that PS4 was only 32 bit due to how they said it at first.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Personally, I feel like I dodged a bullet this gen when I chose a ps3 over the 360. Every person I know who owns one has owned at least 2 thanks to the 360 50% fail rate and the cost of xbox live for 5 years isn't cheap. And the blatant insult of advertisements on dashboard and lack of exclusives like the ps3.

That said, I'm still curious to see what they do. Windows integration could be interesting. I doubt it'll make a sale from me. I feel the ps4 added interesting features and I want to see how Microsoft competes

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
djl3485 said:
capper42 said:
djl3485 said:
capper42 said:
Nobody cares about all this stuff, why would they start with it? Just show us the games!
I care. I find all this technology fascinating. They already said they'll be introducing some games. It's an hour long presentation.

Like all presentations you save the best for last.
But it's mostly something that most smart TVs are already capable of. Why not use their USP, that they're a GAMES console. I doubt it would be hard for them to fill an hour with stuff about games, instead of using the first third discussing very slowly about how well you can switch between different screens.

I know that's useful technology, but it shouldn't be a major selling point of your console.
Which Smart TVs? I have a Smart TV and mine can't do any of that. it connects to the internet whoopie.
The one my parents have lets me use voice control and gestures to change between stuff. It also allows use of Skype. It's pretty clear that TVs will shortly be able to do most of what was shown off in the first 20 minutes of the reveal.

Anyway, I don't mean to be dogging on the Xbox, this has got me pretty excited and they haven't even properly shown any games yet.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Oh my god, half an hour of dumb TV-apps with Kinect and now four sports games. Pass.

EDIT: hhHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH hHAHAHAHHA!!! THAT was gameplay?! It looks like a shitty cutscene from 2005!

RonHiler

Sep 16, 2004
If I don't hear the words "Backward Compatible" come out of this presentation, then I'm out.

I'm not giving up my extensive library of 360 games for a console with a bunch of features I neither want nor care about.

If it is Backward Compatible, I'll think about it. If there are good games. That don't use motion control. Maybe. In a couple of years.

Aug 19, 2010
"... in the hands of the greatest creators..."
*Some guy from EA sports comes on stage*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

"Special partnership between EA and Microsoft"
This is going to be a massive flop. I hope.

EA Sports "Ignite"?
Please, get your EA out of my Xbox.

The Apple BOOM

Nov 16, 2012
Pohaturon said:
"... in the hands of the greatest creators..."
*Some guy from EA sports comes on stage*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

"Special partnership between EA and Microsoft"
This is going to be a massive flop. I hope.

EA Sports "Ignite"?
Please, get your EA out of my Xbox.
EA always keeps their promises. Right Nintendo? Of course they do!

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
They finally talk about games, and so far it's all sports games... I don't know if I should be laughing or crying.

RonHiler said:
If I don't hear the words "Backward Compatible" come out of this presentation, then I'm out.
You and me both, pal. I have 34 effing games that I bought nearly all new. If it doesn't have backwards compatibility, that just tells me that they spent all their time and efforts turning their new console into a cable box instead of making sure we have the most fulfilling gaming experience we could have had. Putting aside how unappealing that makes the console, it's also pretty shitty on principle.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
a CG forza trailer now a live action... whatever this is? The fuck is going on?

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
15 exclusives, with 8 new franchises... I'm impressed, they actually do get how to sell consoles.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
Hmm, a new game called Quantum Break has been announced and it looks a bit different. Something about combining TV and gaming, could be interesting.

Just announced 15 new exclusive games to come out in the first year of the Xbox One with 8 being new IPs.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Dangnabbit, would it kill people to record some gameplay footage for a reveal? That's what gets gamers psyched.

djl3485

Sep 30, 2012
roushutsu said:
Dangnabbit, would it kill people to record some gameplay footage for a reveal? That's what gets gamers psyched.
This is just a reveal to bring them up to speed with Sony. Like Sony they are saving a lot for E3.

This E3 is going to be the biggest in a while imo.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
roushutsu said:
I'd assume a lot of that will be shown in a couple of weeks at E3 but it would have been nice to see some proper gameplay.