Xbox Live is "More Juvenile" Than PlayStation Network

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
More mics on 360, and 360 has been more mainstream. As the PS3 plays catch up and becomes more mainstream, they too will become more juvenile: possibly moreso, considering there online is free, so there's nothing keeping the immature out.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
both psn and xbl have morons who act stupid , that's what the mute button is for , i don't say much but like to listen to my teammates and will say something , usually a chuckle ... i get tired of the system exclusives and worse are system fanboys

teh_n00b_root

Sep 5, 2009
Cajt said:
Hubilub said:
The only difference between Xbox Live and PSN is that fewer PSN users have a mic.
And when they do have a mic, they either speak a foreign language or you can't tell what the hell they're saying.
That or there talking a load of shite

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
To developers, Never Brag about your game,

Especially when there pretty bad.

Polar Atom

Oct 12, 2009
stfu man or I'll fucking get you, yeah t-baggin sob I'll fuck your maw you think I'm juvynile. I aint I tell ya fucking gay homo

In short, yes, I would have to agree.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
I actually find the xbox live network to be hilarious. Even the whiny children are just so entertaining in their stupidity. If you can't laugh at them and pity them, you know they've won.

On the other hand, all my gaming on ps3 has been relatively silent. Which sort of sucks to be honest. I like a bit of trash talking in my games. It's the competitive edge that keeps me playing. Subject to different games obviously, just based on my own experience.

-JB

Whistler777

Nov 14, 2008
It's true, you have to admit. More kids own Xboxes, therefore Xbox Live is generally more immature when it comes to voice chat. That isn't to say it's any more incompetent as far as teamwork goes, just more annoying and shrill.

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
ahlycks said:
UltimatheChosen said:
Andy Chalk said:
So what do you say, Xboxers? Are you really more low-browed and foul-mouthed than your PlayStation brethren, or is this just PR-speak from someone a company that sold its soul to Sony?
More foul-mouthed? I have no idea what the fuck he means by "more juvenile".

On a more serious note, though, I do think he's full of it. The only real difference between the playerbases is the exact content of the insults they fling at each other.
have you ever played online with people you do not know?
You would notice the difference. xbox is famous for the 6 year old that populate the area.

6 year olds tend to veer away from the ps3 for some reason, i don't know. Maybe it is because it makes them not feel like a cool frat boy.

I do not think the man was saying that the people that play xbox are more immature, no matter the age. I think he is saying that there are more "noobs", for lack of better word, and more little kids online on xbox because it is allot more "user friendly" than ps3.
And part of the point I was making is that there's no objective evidence that is the case. Beyond anecdotal evidence that is (as I stated earlier) useless from an evaluatory standpoint, there's no conclusive proof of any difference in the gamer subsets of each system.

Personally, I think part of the perception problem might be that the 360 Elite comes with a microphone, while (to the best of my knowledge), the PS3 doesn't. This means you're more likely to actually hear the jerks on the Xbox, simply because they have easy access to the hardware necessary for voice chat.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
As one person said, it is the games, not the consoles that make the person. However, when comparing some of the best-known exclusives of both consoles, Gears of War 2 and Halo 3 tend to spout a bit more testosterone than games like Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4. Exclusives aren't the only thing that matters, but when choosing between a PS3 or a 360, they probably come to mind first.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Im sorry, but this is kinda a no shit moment

Ive been yelled at and called a fag over my gamertag. Brad Lionheart, can someone please tell me why you would yell at someone about there gamertag when its just a name? a varent of there own name for that matter.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
I do actually think he has a point..
Mainly beacuse PSN players need to buy a mic, "most" people don't just buy a mic to shout abuse at random people..
I know i bought mine just to talk to freinds.. still im not saying i havnt had "Omg, Mozza444 your such a camper, i fucked your mum!!" on PSN but there does seem to be less of it.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Hubilub said:
The only difference between Xbox Live and PSN is that fewer PSN users have a mic.

I bet that if everyone who bought a PS3 got a mic for free there would be just as much swearing as on Xbox live.
Why would it matter? We all turn mute on anyway for any game! A friend once asked me when I was playing some cod6 why I had mute on. I replied, well don't you? I'm not here to talk to people I'm here to shoot them. Then he asked why I had my headset plugged into my computer. I then said I was talking to friends on skype at the same time who I was playing. You all know it makes sense.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
blame the parents if the playstation was cheaper than xbox at launch they would have gotten all the christmas maladjusted children we have over on out side.