Xbox President Don Mattrick Leaving For Zynga - UPDATED

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011

So he's jumping from a sinking Titanic to a little dingy with a hole on the bottom? Unless I'm missing something here...I thought Zynga was hated by all and doing terribly.

Well goodbye Matty. Nuclear submarine gamers everywhere will forever thank you for your purchasing advice.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
I was smiling just reading the comments, thinking it was just a rumour so I shouldn't get my hopes up. Now, with that confirmation and update, I can finally laugh out loud. XD

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
This seems like he's jumping off a sinking ship (he steered into the rocks) in favor of a nearby submarine with a screen door. At least he left voluntarily so he won't get a golden parachute.

Ninja_Bob117

May 7, 2013
0.0 wow just wow I didn't see that coming it's like something out of a nightmare all the Xbone shit fused with Zynga..... *slow clap*

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
In just have no idea...

Why would Zynga hire this PR disaster?
As if Zynga isn't already good enough to generate its own bad PR, they need to bring in this guy?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
For executives who don't have access to good PR connections, Microsoft already has a really good option and it's called the door, bye Don!

Griffolion said:
First Sinofsky, and now Mattrick. What's with major players in MS leaving in the vicinity of major releases?
The Pre-order numbers situation (ie, the crushing dominance of Sony) probably has Steve Ballmer spitting blood, he may be reminding a number of people that they absolutely can fail before their product's even released and that no, they are not immune to consequences.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Oh wow, and now it's actually confirmed.

There are some people who realise they're on a sinking ship and try to fix it by drilling holes in the bottom. (For the water to drain out of, of course)

CyberMachinist

Oct 8, 2012
These events just write themselves don't they, welp it's happened...... again probably.
The sheer absurdness of this has created it's own satire by itself without anyone even trying. I thought this stuff mostly happened when Fox got involved...... I wonder why they didn't try headhunting him instead?

Captcha says "think twice", oh I'm pretty sure Mattick will think twice about this in a year or so.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
...I didn't realize just how much Mattrick fits Zynga's profile until now, it's like a match made in heaven.

If there isn't a picture where Mattrick and Zynga hopping across a flowery meadow (or ironic equivalent) hand in hand tomorrow, I will be very disappointed...

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Red X said:
Vie said:

Only this rat is getting off of one sinking ship, and onto one that has sunk.
Best image ever. XD

OT: Man that's 3 CEOs this year. Back in March it was Wada and Riccitello, and now Mattrick is leaving. Although I would think that perhaps Microsoft can try to hire someone who won't try to run the Xbox division into the ground by saying the stupidest things ever...wait they still have Steve Ballmer...>.>

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
http://img.pandawhale.com/14459-Nathan-Fillion-speechless-gif-eGOv.gif

I...how does this even make sense? For either side?

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
There can only be one explanation: that he was shuffled off by Microsoft. Someone had to go down for the Xbox One PR fiasco and while Microsoft will never overtly admit they messed up, they seem to be quietly trying to clean up.

Otherwise, this is an ambitious, clueless man who takes no pride in his work. Yes, it's a CEO job which is a step up, but it's at Zynga (of all places) and he doesn't even want to see the Xbox One through to release? I don't even...

Mar 30, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
So now ALL his games will require an internet connection to play! PROGRESS!
Damn, this was my first thought when I read this.

OT: All I can see in my head now is the scene from Band of Brothers when Sobel is re-assigned to Chilton Foliat.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Diablo1099 said:
...I...What?...

This is something I sure as shit didn't see coming O_O
Just if he was the president of that branch of MS, then he approved all the Xbone shit, right?

And Zynga want the guy who thought the Xbone was a good idea?...
Zynga are the kings of bad ideas and treating their customers like open wallets to plunder. Seems like a match made in heaven to me.

Vivid Kazumi

Jan 7, 2012
Vie said:

Only this rat is getting off of one sinking ship, and onto one that has sunk.
the xbox one is far from a sinking ship.but it does beg the question of why would anyone want to take the reign's of zynga o_O

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Thank you Don Matrick. I always appreciate it when someone gets me to laugh, and in the bright side people won't care so much when you say stupid stuff when you work for Zynga.