Yahtzee Visits Valve, a Travelogue

boney

Nov 7, 2007
btw, COD 4 please, i'd be interested in what you have to say about this cracking game.

miawallace

Nov 22, 2007
My god, that's a bad goatee. Or perhaps it's the facial expression. Either way, he looks far better in 2D. Nice hat, though.

Corbineau

Nov 20, 2007
rebochan said:
Am I the only one that could just mentally imagine Yahtzee's voice speeding along while reading the text?
Nope, that was you and me both.

I do the same thing when I read the text reviews on fullyramblomatic.com

Crushed

Nov 22, 2007
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

Hold on a second. Back up. Hold da phone. Stop right there. Other phrases for "stop" in the imperative.

...Why were Nintendo employees at Valve?

VKhaun

Nov 17, 2007
some of whom apparently worked on the localization of Super Paper Mario and had seen my review of same. We saw eye to eye once they stopped pushing my head down the toilet.

LoL...

That's got to be a constant thing on your mind as a game critic that travels. I can't wait to hear about how this intensifies over time.

xithrix

Nov 22, 2007
i was just wondering... is it possible to have a subtitled version? my english isnt that good so sometimes you say a word that i dont know and i kinda get lost for some time... it would really help international viewers ;D

didn't see that ending coming, gj... i thought you we're already bought by the americans xD

Gab

Oct 12, 2007
I was busy being simultaneously entertained and yet sad because this entry was seemingly devoid of anger or cynicism of any kind, but then I read the last paragraph and the latter dropped off, leaving only entertainment.

Good stuff!

naveRhtraD

Oct 31, 2007
Some people further up have written that Yahtzee's writing style is different than his videos, but I have to agree with the guy who could hear his voice as he was scrolling along. It's a very distinctive style, last paragraph being a case-in-point.

Keep it up, Yahtzee.

Hat = awesomeness.

slimer

Nov 17, 2007
Nice restaurants hey? Cushy hotel in Bellevue? Free pizza and zombie killing? Nice Americans!

SOLD SOLD SOLD!! I can't believe they got to you already! Invasion of the goddamn corporate soul snatchers!

Did you at any point think that your future reviews would be tainted? That showing photos of yourself is a bad idea or that your integrity would suffer ? (well lets face it, it was pretty grubby already)

Sold out.... Tell me it ain't true!

stacia123

Nov 8, 2007
The sad thing is, we know the fast food is out of control. I don't go to Burger King, but I know Wendy's will freakin' trick you into buying too much food.

Nice to see pics of you though. Damn nice hat.

CarlosYenrac

Nov 20, 2007
hmmm, something's not right here....

*copy* *paste* *remove spaces*

ahhh, that's better.. =)

welcome home yahtzee, go get yourself a meat pie floater, you deserve it.

bishop186

Oct 8, 2007
Oh wow. I laughed for a good minute at that "Medium, Large, and King Size" bit. It was the perfect clincher.

BigText

Nov 21, 2007
I personally think Yahtzee has become a cool, relaxed guy. I'm pretty positive that he really thinks better of America, because if a missing size at a fast-food restaurant causes him to truly loathe an entire country that fast, well, something's wrong with him, and there's not a lot the US can do about it.

I'm also curious as to where Barney Calhoun went, though. He's not even MENTIONED in Episode 2. You'd think that with Alyx's nonstop yapping, she'd say something like "I hope Barney made it out in time" SOMEWHERE along the line.

KingAl

Nov 22, 2007
"I'm wondering if Yahtzee was referring to the Top Gear ep where they discover that Alabamans had shot the crap out of their own "Welcome to Alabama" sign in that very last statement."

Doubt it, that's just a case of stereotype (yes, road-sign shooting is a stereotype) converging with truth. Besides, he's living in Australia: in order to see Top Gear he'd have to watch SBS, which would also mean he subsists on hentai and Portugese soap operas, and so seems unlikely. I doubt we'll ever see fast food chains calling a spade a bloody shovel and just labelling them all "Too Large".

I can only assume a large number of interjections have been culled given the lampooning of posts demanding videos despite the complete absence of any?

BigText: I somehow doubt Yahtzee has had an epiphany, keeping in mind that hyperbolic ranting about American foreign policy does not equate with hating American people, and that the final post was clearly intentionally contrasted with the second last for comic effect.

Piper13

Nov 22, 2007
First: Mad props, Yahtzee. I've been forwarding ZP around to all of my mates since discovery. Good show.

Second: 13lade is right, to get the feel of truly defecating apple pies, you need to head into the 'Heartland,' where I am currently trapped. This will generally fuel your wonder and contempt; it certainly leaves me chagrined and apologizing while overseas.

Third: for a whonk that prattles on about how 1337 your Latin skills are, your English needs a bit of polish: "When a job needs done or a problem needs solving..." This sentence beggars explanation; it sounds positively American. Your verbs should agree, and you separate clauses with a comma, my good man. For clarity's sake: "When a job needs doing, or a problem needs solving..." or "When a job needs to be done, or a problem needs to be solved..." Though, the latter is in the passive, and that's passe.