You are going into battle against 100 soldiers on the back of a creature, What are you riding?....

sniperworm

Apr 16, 2009
Can I use a tank? I have no intention of using it's guns I just want to shout "Drive the tank closer! I want to hit it with my sword!"

If not. A gerbil... a super strong and extremely angry gerbil, it will look like I am levitating.

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
Petromir said:
zala-taichou said:
A Balrog. A demon from the ancient world. Sure, it can fly, but why would it need to? Swords are of no use here, neither are bullets. Fly, you fools!

(don't fight wizards with it, though)
Whether it can fly, or indeed actually even has wings in the books is debatable.

Plus poor thing died fighting what in effect was a demi-god.
One of them. They were the foot soldiers of Sauron's boss. Yeah, Sauron was just the leuitenant and the Balrogs were the troops...

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
Tiamat.
Beats a dragon any day, never mind people.

She may be able to fly. She doesn't need to though.
So either her or another old D&D favoriote that has already been mentioned a few times...

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
the nazguls felbeast,
It's called a Dwimmerlaik. Felbeast just means evil creature or simalar thing.
[sub]Nerd rage over[/sub]

Silva said:
zala-taichou said:
A Balrog. A demon from the ancient world. Sure, it can fly, but why would it need to? Swords are of no use here, neither are bullets. Fly, you fools! (Note to self, wear fire-resistent clothes.)

(don't fight wizards with it, though)
I am a servant of the Sacred Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udûn! You cannot pass.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk. Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul...

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
Probably this guy:

No your eyes are not tricking you. Yes I am going into battle with Orcus, Demon Prince of Undead as a steed. Why? Because I'm THAT badass.
I see your demon lord and raise you the Prince of the Abbys.

Demogorgon... quake in fear...

Rachel317

Nov 15, 2009
Hmm...

Donphan, 'cos his skin is not skin at all, but METAL! Well, rock...you get the gist though. No bullets going through that mo' fo'.

Oooh, or a Rapidash! Just...'cos.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
not_the_dm said:
Macgyvercas said:
Probably this guy:

No your eyes are not tricking you. Yes I am going into battle with Orcus, Demon Prince of Undead as a steed. Why? Because I'm THAT badass.
I'll raise you a primordial, chained he's still stronger. Welcome Mual-Tar

Volafortis

Oct 7, 2009
not_the_dm said:
silver wolf009 said:
the nazguls felbeast,
It's called a Dwimmerlaik. Felbeast just means evil creature or simalar thing.
[sub]Nerd rage over[/sub]
Technically he can get away with the whole "Felbeast" comment, because he did specify that it was the Nazgul's. If he had simply said "Felbeast" though, without specifying that it was the Nazgul's, he would definitely need that correction.

OT: Who needs to ride a beast? I'd just tell Melkor that they had the Silmarils.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
I'm riding the giant tortoise. The one where the entire Earth rests on its back.

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
Aerodyth said:
not_the_dm said:
Macgyvercas said:
Probably this guy:

I'll raise you a primordial, chained he's still stronger. Welcome Mual-Tar
But Orcus, Demagorgon and the other demon lords were primordials. Then they whent to live in the abbyss in the abbyss, an especially baddass part of the elemental chaos created by Dagon.
Over the eons they changed and became even more evil than the other primordials.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Ooh...toughy. Either Toothless because fuck you he's Toothless, or the first boss (giganto fucking zombie monster) from Painkiller because he can step on you and make a tornado and summon minions to kill you and make spikes and shit come up out of the ground to impale you.