You are now the opposite gender.

Mouse One

Jan 22, 2011
I liked the response my wife once posted in response to a similar thread on one of these forums: "What would you do if you woke up and found out you had boobs?" Her answer: "I usually just get up and brush my teeth."

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Masturbate, a lot.

Then head to a clothing store and pick up some bras, panties. (and certain other... feminine health care products)

Then head home to masturbate. A lot.

Then probably carry on with life as it was before, for the most part. Suddenly finding myself as one of the only gamer girls in the area, it may be a little awkward at first, and it would need to be made absolutely clear that I'm off-limits to my friends.

Then I'd have to accept that It would be even harder to find a date, given I'd now be a lesbian. Wouldn't be that bad, I suppose.

Then I'd masturbate a lot.

If this were a global thing, would there still be "no girls on the net?" or would it be "no boys on the net?"
Hilariously ironic.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
GrimHeaper said:
What do you do now that you have woken up as the opposite gender?
Masterbate, c'mon either sex, given an age over 13, and under say, 40 maybe, must be curious of it. I'm sure I'm not the first to answer with this. I wonder if one day, we'll be able to link minds with the opposite sex, and then recieve the electrical signals from the opposite sex, while they are doing that, of how it feel. It would be fascinating.

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
Can everyone drop the gender-sex thing, the OP may have made a mistake and as long as we all know what the difference is and we have many pages of flame telling everyone what the difference is, I think we can let it go now.

Mischa87

Jun 28, 2011
I think it's funny all the guys who assume their orientation would change with their sex, technically, if you went in straight, you'd come out straight, meaning, you'd like men

galdon2004

Mar 7, 2009
Snowy Rainbow said:
Axolotl said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
That the thread was specifically named "gender" not sex makes it sad that most every single reply took gender and sex to be interchangeable. Shows how far we have to go on the issue of sexuality.
That because in almost all circumstances they are interchangable. Outside of specific fields based on studying gender roles then gender is a perfectly valid term for physical sex characteristics.
No. It isn't.

Assuming someone's gender is something based off what you perceive their genitals to be is horribly backwards.

This is why transsexuals have such an agony of an existence - opinions like yours.
Sex and Gender are one and the same. in core definition, if you want to know why transsexuals have a hard time, here's the real answer:

WARNING: The following demonstrates the overall affect of a few people on a much larger group of people. The negative actions described should not be considered to be inherent in all members of this group.

The issue of transsexuals is that of sexuality. not sex, or gender. as far as sexuality goes, male and female take on more of a dominant submissive meaning rather than strictly gender. Sexuality becomes extraordinarily complex, but as far as this particualr issue goes, it has to do with sexual preference oriented around gender.

So, if you are a guy, and find you are submissive and also like other guys you are faced with two possibilities during your whole identity crisis. You can change your mind, accepting your new sexuality as a part of your overall psyche. Or you can change your body, so that the mismatch between body and mind will be fix'd.

The wrench gets thrown in here though that as fancy as certain overly expensive surgeries get, most can't afford to do more than cross dress and take hormones to grow breasts. This of course means no straight sex. With your new female-ness however, you are less attractive to gays, if you could find any, and straights are completely uninterested.

Here's where SOMEBODY screwed up BIG TIME and ruined everything for everyone else. This person, I don't know who, realized that they could use the Placebo effect to get a guy. The human mind is an interesting thing; and fills in a lot of blanks for you when you experience the world, so any missing information tends to be filled in by what you assume to be. If you are handed a generic brand of sprite and told it is sprite you will probably not be able to tell the difference, but if you 'gave it a shot' knowing it was different, it would probably taste off.

In this case, the person pretends to be biologically female. With no reason to suspect otherwise the guy believes it, and 2 months later she comes to him and says 'I'm actually a guy and now that you are emotionally invested in this relationship I expect you to admit to being gay' probably in slightly nicer terms but this is what the guy will hear.

This causes the gay/straight identity crisis storm mixed in with anger from being deceived by someone they thought they could trust, and the feeling of being betrayed, worry of the consequences of such a thing with their friends, and the general panic of having to come up with a response on the spot.

Spoiler alert: it ends badly.

Because a group of transsexuals regularly does this to try to get their way, blatantly disrespecting and disregarding the sexuality of other people, guys get paranoid and aggressive about it, and so transsexuals in general start to get an even worse time of things than gays do because of lingering feelings of paranoia and anger.

Sorry if this veers off the thread topic too far or seems like a rant, I'm just trying to explain exactly the logical reason for your problem. It's not people mixing up two identical words in everyday speech, it's due to paranoia, anger, and confusion over an issue tied deeply into every individual's sense of self identity.

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Well, this is...telling. Of pretty much all the answers, most come down to "masturbate" or "ogle myself." Of the one female-to-male that I've run across so far...

pixiejedi said:
Pee standing up. Then walk around outside without a shirt on and feel giddy about doing so. You lucky buggers.
I'm pretty sure this says something, but I'm really not sure what.

Anyhoo, answer to OP: I'd probably wake-up enough to realize the change halfway through the shower, then spend the rest of the morning trying to figure out the rest of the rules that the universe is working under.

First up, driver's license. If the picture is still me as a guy, then my day is probably going to be spent convincing people that I'm me. Or, once my dad's out of the way, I can probably get by pretending to be my sister, or just a third sibling I never told anyone about. Playing most details of my life close to the chest has some advantages, as it turns out.

If the license picture is the 'new' me, then my job is that much easier. Now I just need to figure out why exactly I've become my own distaff counterpart. Oh, and then check in on my friends/Facebook to see how my life is different following the retroactive changes switching genders brought.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Mischa87 said:
I think it's funny all the guys who assume their orientation would change with their sex, technically, if you went in straight, you'd come out straight, meaning, you'd like men
Actually, you know, I think we'd still like women (straight men), if we just suddenly 'woke up' as women, with our minds.

I agree that, if we woke up, say, in an alternative reality or something, with no recollection of our former male lives, in that reality instead being born as women (well female), we'd likely be straight women, thus, like men.

Sorry, bit complicated, just wanted to say that, were you on the same lines?

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
galdon2004 said:
Your view of gender is outdated. No doctor in the world will tell you that gender and sex are the exact same thing.

EDIT: also, that you assert transsexuals are somehow... liars by nature is sickening.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Mischa87 said:
If that is fact, I would hope I remember enough about my male life to know how to act around my still most likely male friends... Oh God... my head hurts from just thinking about that...

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Mischa87 said:
Uhhh... Has this been proven by science? How many magical gender shape shifters do you know?

It's also been disproven by psychology, in that transexuals, no matter what orientation they are, like the same sex they did before and after operation.

Basically, not counting asexual and "in-between" orientations, there are NOT 4 main orientations (bi, male-gay, lesbian, straight). There are ONLY the 3. You like guys, you like gals, or you like both.

Physical body has little to do with except that a psychology born with a certain gender is more likely to be nurtured to like the opposite gender.

Sean Steele

Mar 30, 2010
Spend the rest of the day trying to prove to other people that I'm actually me. Go to the bank show them my social security number exct ect because I still need my job and such.

galdon2004

Mar 7, 2009
Snowy Rainbow said:
galdon2004 said:
Your view of gender is outdated. No doctor in the world will tell you that gender and sex are the exact same thing.

EDIT: also, that you assert transsexuals are somehow... liars by nature is sickening.
Ah! You didn't read my warning that i was talking about a small group within the larger group :D your ignorance knows no bounds.

Transsexuals who do not lie and deceive and are honest about their whole self are good. it needs to be that way, but because a small group started a liars game about it, there's too much paranoia and anger.

(also i am kind of interested if these clearly unbiased doctors you speak of are the same ones who -make a profit selling the gender change hormones- unless the doctor can make a guy capable of producing eggs and carrying and birthing a baby, they can't change your gender)

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
1. Freak out
2. SOMEHOW explain this to my parents (god help me on this step)
3. Freak out some more
4. Most likely doctors! Lots of Doctors! (once again God help me
5. Video games (aka go on with my life)

Vivace-Vivian

Apr 6, 2010
Likely cry, considering how much I love my body the way it is.

Also I doubt my lady friend would want me as much if I was a boy...