You are on WATER

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
I would sink into despair and die of dehydration within 3 days. Yep. I'm realistic about my survival skills.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
Strangle myself with the cloth.

However, that's not innovative so:
Perhaps I'd tie the cloth around the shiny watch and whirl it around my head in an attempt to reflect light.

Jun 11, 2008
I could anwser this with the answer to the being stuck in a room with only a table riddle but it kinda defeats the purpose of the thread...

OT: I would ration my supplies and try catch fish and look for birds as they tend to stay near land.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
Bide my time until the sun sets, fishing and the like, using sea water and the cloth to keep me cool, once the starts come out i use them to figure out where i am, then i start heading which ever way i need to so i can find land, probably having fashined the tackel box, stick and cloth into a makeshift oar.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Set down the compass to find North East. Use the hooks and the pole to make some kind of sail. If the wind is blowing East or West directly, I know I am in the trade winds. and I ride with. If not, then I know that it is harder to miss land when going North then it is is going south. I also know that in any ocean, going North East will cross a few major trading roots, so it should let me get picked up by a random boat.

TheMoatMonster

Dec 15, 2008
Wait, am I still on fire? Because this would be a great place to put the flames out by leaping into the water and . . . drowning.

Jesus, what's next, 'You are on AIR'?

FlapJakk

Jun 2, 2010
I'd start hitting the boat and collecting aluminium. Once I have precisely enough I will start building aluminium blocks in the air attached to the side of the boat moving in a horizontal plane.

Using the tackle box as wood I'd create a carving bench which will be used to change the aluminium into floating aluminium.

As I run out I will collect the last aluminium block and transport it to the front, hence, having an endless pathway to safe land.

I will also use the stick and broken watch as raw materials to make a belt and cap should the need arise.

Lastly, I'd use the cloth mixed with 2 litre bottle of drinking water and worms as a sort of resevoir for the worms as worms need pure 4% water to survive and mate at optimal rate.

Once I get hungry along the path I will create a fishing rod out of aluminium I have left over and toss the worms, in prime mating condition, in the ocean for fishys to have sexy time with. Once that's done there will be more wormfish in the sea that I can eat and so I will have more food.

Water I will get from the compass.

And that should help me survive til land, and any other person for that matter. Write this down, you might need it!

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
Use the string to make a fishing rod, hook a shark and use the god-damned shark to sail my way to victory.

Ruffythepirate

Apr 15, 2008
I'd make a sail with the cloth and stick, and then I'd keep heading either west or east every day. When the currents take me the direction id want to go I'd take down the sail, and make a fishing rod out of it (take some string from the cloth) and start fishing with the worms. As soon as I start catching fish I'm ok for food since I can eat it and use some for more bait. The tricky thing is water. An uneducated guess says I can survive about a week with 2 liters of water, depending on the heat of course. With a bit of luck it would start raining one time a week and I'd eventually hit land.

FlapJakk

Jun 2, 2010
Hmmm... Rethink.

I'd probably alternate daily between sailing West and East. Til I get to land. *Current should take me.

Feb 25, 2009
-Fashion some hooks to one of the straps on the watch, it should act like a reflective lure and attract some fish.
-Periodiaclly eat the worms and drink the water.
-Use the cloth to protect from the sun.
Start paddling...

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
Shield myself with the cloth during the day, use it as a sail at night... Fish when I can and if I see anything flying overhead try and signal them with the watch and if I can't catch a fish I'll eat some worms :l

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Hey this sounds awful like my "Your trapped in a well" Thread. Though I posted that one ages ago so no worriers.

Um, I put the cloth over my head and rock back in forth with a crazed look in my eye.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Simple, use the large cloth as a sail, attached to the pole, being careful not to capsize the vessel. If the watch is analogue, you can use the finger method to get the time, and use the shadow of the needle to get a bearing, though you may have to wait. since you do not know where you are, it is most logical to follow the wind, looking for signs of civilization like other ships and buoys. Drink only when you have to, and don't eat to conserve water, at night, use the cloth as a blanket, stop procrastinating about studying for your exam.