You are proclaimed "Evil Overlord of Earth", what do you do first?

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
Appoint a series of underlords for each of the worlds continents and regions, so i'd have an underlord for Europe, North America, North Africa, Central Africa, Middle East, India, Russia etc... If possible, such underlords will be trusted friends and relatives, to ensure loyalty. Then i'd integrate all the world armies under my command, underlords can only command paramilitaries. Tax revenue drawn from the regions comes into my coffers and i re-distribute accordingly, Underlords can have legislative abilities, but i have absolute right of veto and can impose any forms of laws on Earth as i wish.

Most overlords have big evil castles of doom, but instead i'll opt for a giant cruise ship of doom, it's much more practical and will allow to me keep tabs better on my underlords. And from my mobile headquarters from where i'll start issuing decrees. (But of course i'll build myself a castle as well, probably in Scotland, nice place Scotland.)

1)Take over all forms of world media, seizing control of all internet servers and appointing a "Ministry of Public Information and Enlightenment". Take an army of 10,000 unemployed people of suitable mental calibre and train them to destroy all information on the worlds internet servers, and then start re-building the internet from scratch, filling it with propaganda. Censor and then arrest anyone who posts undesirable material on the internet, and have an army of censors approve all other forms of TV, newspaper and radio media etc.

2)Outlaw all world religions: Church's, mosques, temples etc are demolished and rebuilt as new temples for my new invented religion. It will be a polytheistic religion, whereby i'm the appointed ruler of Earth by the King of the God's, and when i die i'll join the pantheon. Attach a series of religious obligations required to serve each God, making sure that the performance of such obligations benefits my rule (or is just plain entertaining, i could have a lot of fun writing up religious obligations required for the worship of the god/goddess of sex and romance)

3)Re-construct the Gulags in Siberia, fill them full of dissenters. Re-introduce cruel and unusual punishments for other dissenters and general criminals.

4)Appoint a ministry for science and development, have them research mind control technologies and drugs, they can use political prisoners as test subjects. Also donate 10% of my tax revenue to the ministry and have them research and develop space ships and go out to colonise the Moon and Mars. Then find alien species and, so long as they're not uber-powerful, declare a holy war against them.

5)Introduce a single world curriculum, all pupils, besides the obvious maths, sciences and humanities, learn about the new religion, all learn English and Latin. If i'm feeling spiteful, i'll also have them learn Shakespeare.

6)Establish the Secret Police, independent of the under-lords control, to intimidate and arrest dissenters. Attendance of the annual Secret Policeman's Ball is mandatory.

7)Have lots of fun designing weapons and uniforms for my new unified Earth army, have lots of sexy parties on my cruise ship.

8)Finally, revise Pete's Evil Overlord List.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Use my absolute control to save the planet, take the worlds nuclear missile arsenal and store them on mars, replace economies with "Do it or I will be pissed off" (No debt!), oppress the people who piss me off, reward people who please me with positions of power (that they are qualified for), work to bring decent living standards to 3rd world countries, get humans living in space, and generally be tough on the population yet fair.

Oh and I would make a fleet of air battleships from which to rule from.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Miles000 said:
Oh god. The possibilities...

First thing's first. I'd get a tank, and take it through McDonalds.
And I mean through...
Next I'd get built a 200 x 200 x 20m pit of those plastic balls you played in as a kid.
After that would be a giant satellite laser named 'Orbibital.'
Then I'd play battleships... With actual fleets of the world.
Then I'd get dozens of awesome cars, and my own race track.

After all this, I'd find my own island, and leave the rest of the world go about it's business...
Under my rule of course =P
can... can i share your ball bit pweesh?
ExiledPaladin13 said:
Outlaw thick pancakes and encourage everyone to eat thin crepes for breakfast everyday. Missing breakfast once is a fine of 200 AUD, twice is 250 AUD, third is a death sentence.
i will run the scrummy pancake liberation, independance and freedom front.
or SPLIFF if you will.

OT: outlaw cigarettes, legalise weed and give american back to england as a present.
then nuke alabama.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
very first thing?
institute the death penalty globally and set the crime level for it much much lower
finally naturally cleaning all the scum off the earth

oh and also force DICE to stop any development of BF and work on a yearly release of Mirror's Edge sequels

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
1) Change title to simply "Supreme Overlord." Nobody wants to follow somone who is inherently evil.
2) Rename Earth "Terra."
3) Outlaw religious worship, by threat of execution.
4) Redistribute all Terran resources, eradicating famine and disease.
5) Declare world peace. And anihilate anyone who breaks it with righteous fury.
6) With stability to the planet finally achieved, divert efforts to space exploration and the advancement of technology and understanding the universe.
7) With godlike mastery of SCIENCE! and technology, colonise the universe, or as much of it as is feasably possible.
8) Die contented with my great works achieved.

Jan 27, 2011
Ummmmm.....huh.

Well, for one, I'd follow a lot of the suggestions laid down in the "100+ things to do if you ever become an evil overlord".

Then, I'd lay down the law. Everyone must respect each other, asshatery and extremism will be outlawed, and any and all business dealing must be made public so that everyone can SEE when corruption happens.

Basically, I wouldn't be an EVIL overlord. Just....misguided, maybe. And if a hero managed to beat me, I would admit defeat, and vanish to let HIM deal with trying to run the world! >:p

Optiluiz

Dec 30, 2010
First of all, Dr. Doom did eventually conquer the world, but he got bored with it and just turned himself in. Second, I'd be a really evil dictator, but would start off with good intentions. In the end, I'll become a monster and my people will hate me. But not to worry, my evil minions shall keep them in line.

Also, no more reality TV or pop music. Punishable by cruxifiction. Then burning at the stake. Then hanging. Then beheading.

phylline

Oct 23, 2011
Denounce all political leaders, then denounce myself as ruler. Of course there are things like legalising drugs, re-jigging the budget etc, but I imagine the power would get to my head and it'd become a dictatorship if I stayed in power too long.

/serious answer to an absurd question :p

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Simple I would command them to make an FTL drive for me so I could get the hell away from Earth as fast as I could.

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
This<youtube=ptRxrH1rVK8>
Otherwise I would become a flamboyant tyrant with irrational laws.
1)I would create an army that is so obedient that they move like robots so they look amazing doing anything in unison. They would mainly be there to look awesome or beat the crap out of people who anger me (the entire force will be used on each enemy)
2)Create a man powered ark that will roll on land.
3) I will get clones or lookalikes to dress like me as to discourage any attacks.
4) I shall hire hundreds of men to dress up in ridiculous costumes and give them a list of enemies that they must kill. I shall view and record all of their action and create a Colosseum for each of these insanely dressed hunters and people will watch this manhunt rooting for their favorite killers.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
First thing? Harem. All the other stuff can wait...
After that I'd make some major infrastructure changes, make things more logical. And I'd get Firefly back.

exessmirror

Apr 26, 2011
invest lots and lots of money into the spaceprogram, and try to get as far as possible to be overlord of the universe. but ofcours i wont crash the economy.

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
I'd first of all remove access to the internet to all but those deemed worthy.
By removing the population's means of communication I get to enforce laws as I see fit.
(Control the information, Control the people)
All politicians would become the Witches of this age, hunted and burned. Those wishing to upset the political status quo would be deemed traitors and receive harsh punishments.

Science would be the new religion, pushing science becoming the new faith and scientists the new monks/clergy.
Anything not provable by science would become fictional and treated as such, although everything would be given the chance to be proven and science would continue to adjust its views based on observation.

The only other responsibility to the state apart from the utter devotion to science would be maintaining the welfare of parents and elders.

The end result would be:
Reversal of the Me First thinking that destroys the once treasured family structure.
An end to illogical thinking and a push to improve humanity through the devotion to science.
An end to manipulative individuals seeking power for their own ends.
An end to internet troll as access is earned not given freely.

Then I can Mwahahahhuhahhuhuhuh from my tower watching humanity improve while it complain bitterly, plotting my removal.

Mar 9, 2010
Probably hire bureaucrats to do all the busybody work that the world requires to make it more efficient I'd divide the world into sectors that have only bureaucratic implications.
I'd install a police state so that I have ultimate control over law.
Amass large forces from multiple countries to destroy any resistance or militant groups that pose a danger to my power or the area.
Have all sectors send monetary gains to a bank along with paperwork that details how they made their money. Once all costs are covered for the world, any profit is divided appropriately among the sectors to be distributed again.

This would probably fuck the entire world up but I'm supposed to be evil so who gives a fuck?

Anthony Abney

Mar 16, 2011
make everything free, with some laws passed to make sure that there are a certain number of people performing the important jobs to make sure that we still have food, electricity, etc. rather than losing it all due to laziness. As for other jobs, people who aren't doing the important stuff can take those so people can finally do what they love w/out having to worry about how to feed their families if it doesn't work out very well. Also put limitations on how much food people can get at one time, don't want the fatties sucking up all the food, I'm trying to solve world hunger with this. Also, no money means the doctors will be more willing to find cures for diseases rather than only fighting the symptoms for profit, and since I control the world, we can have a unified effort to cure these diseases and find alternative fuel sources and make more advanced technology to help out even more (maybe make robots that will do the important stuff so that the people who are farming,etc. will no longer have to if they don't want to, but they'll do it until that happens so we don't run out of food/power/other). Of course, no money means the crime rate will drop dramatically since the only crimes will occur because of anger or something like that, so might have to find a way to make the police still seem useful for those that want to be cops. Of course, there will most likely be a period where we have adapt to the fact that everything is free, people will go crazy, general mayhem, but once all that passes, the world will be a better place.

Of course, if I HAVE to be evil, bringing slavery back seems like the worst thing I could do without just flat-out killing everyone.

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
I'm evil, eh? I guess that means every prison in the world gets shut down, everyone in a third world country gets to die, and I claim all the world's wealth. Then as chaos descends, I kill everyone who's committed a violent crime (getting in a fight doesn't count) and unify the world under a single government to create world peace, thus to be worshipped as the saviour of mankind despite being evil.

Then I pee on a puppy.

theonecookie

Apr 14, 2009
Well it is quite simple I build two thing a mile long railgun and an awesome suit of powered armour I then fire my self to the moon and punch it

Why you ask well its quite simple would you fuck with someone who punched the moon and i guess afterwards it could be used to put things in to space

also a harem that would be cool to and maybe I would fix the economy too

LemonFury

Jun 8, 2011
Get me a personal assistant type thing! I can't be bothered to give out orders if I'm to play every good game there's ever been after all can I?