You are the last human on Earth. What now?

mavkiel

Apr 28, 2008
1)
Go to a hospital and raid the pharmacy. Taking care to pick up hydrocodone and morphine and antibiotics. Might as well grab some sterile bandages as well.

Reason: It'd really suck to get some small infection and die because you couldnt get to some antibiotics. The painkillers would be great for both recreation and a way of killing yourself if need be. For example if your mauled by a pack of feral dogs you might not want to live.

2)
Go to a grocery store. Pick up all the multivitamins I can find. Sort food from perishable to non-perishable. Create a ration list.

Reason: Food is a necessity. Without people controlling power plants its only a matter of time before power goes out. When it does gaining access to fresh vegetables might be a pain in the rump. I don't want to die from scurvy.

3)
Pick a new place of residence. I am thinking NORAD. Very secure location, probably has its own stockpile of food/meds and power generators. It also might be "neat" to try blowing up some countries that annoyed me.

Reason: No wild dogs will get me. No sir. And if aliens try colonizing the earth, well I'd give them a real warm welcome :p

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
well i'd grab my mom's car and head to the local gas station, and fill up the tank all the way and fill the trunk with gas can's. then head to the walmart (and hope i learn how to drive extremely fast) gather food and stuff in one area. then i'd see if i could find a map that would show me where the nearest Capella's or similar is so i can get survival stuff. a gasoline generator would be my priority, and one of those camping shower things that heat up water from the sun, to save power. then head back to the walmart and spend my days playing video games. if i run out i can head to a nearby pawn shop and see if they've got old stuff like N64.
sounds pretty sweet to me, although it would suck that i never get to have sex.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
cyrogeist said:
suicide. it's as simple as that
honestly i just could not take that at all
Same here really. I wouldn't want to hang about. Find a garage with a car, let it run, and drift away.

EDIT: Hold up.
kaizen2468 said:
1) Get Gun
2) One last fap
3) Suicide
This is even better, this.

Queltherio

Oct 17, 2010
Try to break the speed of sound in a motorcycle, the only things ill probably break is my neck when I try to do a wheelie though.

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
I would build a shack of wood and farm tea. Yes, tea. Hundreds of kinds. I f***ing love tea. I would spend the rest of my life adventuring all over the world and trying different kinds of tea.

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
MeXR said:
I just read that in Adam Jensen's voice, it was awesome.

As for me, I'll mourn on everyone, once I'm over it I'll drive everywhere, play games, walk around naked in giant cities and neighborhoods and try to fly a plane!
The plane will most likely result in my death.
Somehow, I doubt Adam Jensen has good birthing hips.

Also, I really don't understand why everyone wants to be naked. Being naked is cold, exposes you to pointy things, and exposes you to potential infections. Have any of you tried to climb a tree naked? It is not fun, let me tell you.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Somonah said:
I only had a quick read of a few of the posts. Few ideas im going to kill.

1- play video games. You can't play video games, unless you can work a power plant by yourself to supply the electricity to play the games.

2- Do drugs. Again unless you can make the drugs yourself, you're not doing anything.
Well, the OP didn't really specify the parameters of the end days, but here's some thoughts:

1. You now can effectively own anything you can carry and use anything you can operate. Also, with this in mind, a nomadic individual could likely find an installation with a solar rig or generator to set up shop in, or constantly steal gas and run generators all the time (for some finite duration). Also... batteries?

Some of those are band-aid solutions but it's not unfeasible.

2. Well, fair enough... Even with a chemistry degree, you'll run out of lab supplies to do your own synths quickly enough. Too much infrastructure missing. Stock up on seeds and spores from a head shop though and you could probably grow marijuana and mushrooms, with a bit of patience. Regionally, you could also just harvest payote cacti.

However, even ignoring all that: "you're not doing anything"??? Unless they were already subject to mass looting, there are pharmacies and liquor stores everywhere, and all the best stuff has a long shelf life.

------

On topic, I suppose I'd do some account of my own life and my experience on earth for a "note in a bottle" time capsule for future or alien archeologists. More daunting than that, in of itself, is trying to figure a way to indicate it's location to anyone approaching the ruins of mankind on a global scale. Good chance it would be overlooked, but that's just the rub, I guess.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Oh... I guess I'd see how many supplies I can find, because the first thing that's going to happen is everything's going to fail.

Now, there's more than enough stuff that's going to be lying around to last a single person a lifetime, (in terms of fuel, portable generators/solar panels and such), but food is going to be a big issue pretty quickly.

Sure, canned goods will last quite a while, but everything perishable (or even just frozen) will rot away and become inedible pretty soon.

And... All the infrastructure will soon fail.

But... I guess it'd still be possible to get by for quite some time.

Maybe take up a few hobbies. Like learning how to fly a plane or something. (I'm sure that'd be a challenge without anyone around to teach you.)

Still... Could be fun. For a while.

Though eventually you'd kind of go mad from loneliness I guess...

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
I make a pilgrimage to Seattle, specifically where Bungie's office is at. At this place I will pay a tribute to the bible, namely the Halo Bible. Here I will study and learn of all of its knowledge study it to the end. I will memorize it word for word. I will write down the Halo bible, and have many copies of it to make shrines around the world for it. That is what I am to do if I was the last person on Earth.

NOTE* I am not sure if Bungie owns the Halo bible still or if now 343 has it, or if Bungie has a copy of it. Hell I don't even know if there is a copy of it but either way I'll go to the Halo Bible.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
If I were the last human on earth I would be glad that these types of threads would no longer be created.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
Take off my clothes. I wouldn't necessarily start doing anything, I would just take my clothes, fold them in a neat pile, and walk off into the distance.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Move into a book and music store and spend my days reading the great works and listening to the art humanity had to offer.
I would probably sleep a lot and be somewhat depressed.
Until I would go mad and kill myself.

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
Well, considering the fact that power is going go out pretty damn fast, along with clean water, sanitation, refrigeration, probably find myself a good supply of food. A grocery store should keep me fed for a good time, but eventually everything goes bad. I'd probably spend my days trying to learn as much as I could about the survival skills I would inevitably need to use. Probably stock pile some gas (pumps won't be working obviously) and drive to a more hospitable climate. Probably spend a lot of time wondering why I was left, looking for someone else, trying to figure out some way of leaving some sort of semi-permanent mark on the world as a monument to mankind. Probably inevitably light some city on fire and watch it burn from a park bench somewhere far away, both terrified and contented in the knowledge that I am completely free of responsibility, except for myself, and that my actions have very little impact on anything anymore.

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
CrazyJew said:
I would build a shack of wood and farm tea. Yes, tea. Hundreds of kinds. I f***ing love tea. I would spend the rest of my life adventuring all over the world and trying different kinds of tea.

Hasido

Jun 20, 2011
after the appropraite amount of sadness, move on with trying to make everything out of 1 meter cubes.