You Favorite and Least favorite ending to a game?

PizzaTheHutt

Aug 7, 2008
I would have to say Dead Risings true ending for my favorite. Really made me think about government and the morality of people. Worst would have to be Halo 2s ending after going through the game only to fight some guy you see for 4 cutscenes then have mister chief go like I R gonna FINNISH IT yeyz
1 sucked.

haxolotl

Jul 24, 2008
The ending to Portal was really good, and I reckon it actually had rather a lot to do with the rapturous reception the game received. It was a good game, but for most of the time the gameplay and the story were nothing all that special. Then bam, you get hit by the rather amusing 'boss battle' and that awesome song, and you walk away thinking it was the greatest thing ever.

Johnny Ringo

Sep 29, 2008
Least: Assassins Creed.

Ending, excuse me are we finished here? Way too many unanswered questions.

Favorite: Star Wars: Dark Forces II. I mean heck, Kyle Katarn's practically the Chuck Norris of Star Wars. Both endings left you with an incredibly triumphant feeling.

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
Does it have to be a cinematic or just an ending in general?

Fallout with the Bloody Mess trait

Mark Of Chaos, The Chaos ending

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Hey, if you had a time dagger, you'd do it, too.

Tetris, the fat rocketship ending.

Doom II

I can't think of any I really hated to be honest. Even poor endings still came with the satisfaction of another game clocked.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Max Payne 1 and 2 had great endings/beginnings. They were actually both the same things in those games...

panthrjd

Nov 4, 2007
Skarvey post=9.73078.782733 said:
Most recently Star Wars: TFU, not only because it was canon, but they just did a terrific job with that ending, very epic. Aside from that, Mass Effect, The Darkness, Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and I had heard COD 4 had an amazing ending, and umm...well no other bests really stick out in my mind. Worst I would have to agree on Saint's Row, and add all the Halo titles, Bad Company, The Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess, and Gears of War (Is he gonna...is he...OH HE DID, HE JUMPED TO THE FREAKIN' CHOPPER, HOORAY, HE LIVES TO BE A BROODING ANTI-HERO IN THE SEQUEL. GOD I LOVE EMOTIONAL DEPTH!)
I keep noticing Bad Company to keep being on people's bad lists. Am I the only person to realize that it was just making fun of all the war games and movies? The storyline was great fun and the ending was perfect.

Worst game ending for me? Star Ocean 3.
Best... Sam and Max, Season 2.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
i really liked the ending to grim fandango even though i kind of don't remember it but i remember a rare feeling of satisfaction. Also No More Heroes just because it's so weird.

metroid prime 3 was kind of weak, even with the 'expanded' ending.

Aug 30, 2008
portal did have a fun ending. also the saint's row ending made me mad not because it ended badly but it just seemed too much of an easy way out, for a fairly complex game with different aspects it could have been better.

roo18

Oct 8, 2007
Xazetuf post=9.73078.783766 said:
Fav: portal,deus ex and mgs2
least: Halo 2 AC
Halo 2 definately. Probaly my least favourite ending to a game. And then the obvious Portal for favourite ending.

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
I seem one of the few persons which actually likes Halo 3's ending. I can already hear a few of you as they read this, laughing so loud that neighbours call the police, so let me explain.
I have read all of the Halo books (except two, never got a copy of it), and I got connected to the characters, shallow as they might seem in the games.

Other than that, I loved FFX's, warcraft 3 and a few others I am probably forgetting.

Sketchy

Aug 16, 2008
I don't know if this counts as an ending, but seeing, "You're Winner" whenever I finish a Big Rigs race is the best congratulations I could ask for.
The worst ending EVER is in Dead or Alive 2. Zack. Finish like 7 fights, to see him put on a snowboard and start to ride down a hill. -.-

LisaB1138

Oct 5, 2007
Hands down, POP:TSOT. It was just perfect, and left you with a smile on your face.

Worst ending . . . believe it or not, Beyond Good and Evil. It ended rather abruptly with no explanation really of who the last boss was or Jade's connection to her. *scratches head* But perhaps with the sequel.. .

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Worst ending . . . believe it or not, Beyond Good and Evil. It ended rather abruptly with no explanation really of who the last boss was or Jade's connection to her. *scratches head* But perhaps with the sequel.. .
As much as I'd love to see the sequel, I'm afraid the game has a serious case of Duke Nukem Foreveritis, if you know what I mean.

Aug 30, 2008
Assassins creed did have a weak ending, but it was so obvious that it was going to go that way anyway. for a game that should have throw you through a loop it just kind of kept you on the ground kicking you.

corporate_gamer

Apr 17, 2008
i liked the conflict: vietname ending. pretty sure it was ripped off whole-sale from a film but it was still boss.

i disliked the ending of gta4, for the obvious reason that, while the whole leaving it unfinished worked for the sopranos, it sucked.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
Tenchu Z's ending was a literal 'fuck you' to the audience. It's like the writers(writer) said, "Hrm...I'm not really sure what to do here. We haven't really been moving in a real direction this entire time. I KNOW! Let's make the last boss ripoff a cutscene of Sephiroth in FFVII by making him walk away in fire after you kill him! Nevermind that it makes literally no sense and explains absolutely nothing, plotwise." It's bad enough that he was the most hilariously ridiculous looking bad guy ever, but the ending really caps it.