You have the power to bring back one cancelled TV show...

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Since most people and there mother have rightfully picked Firefly I'm going to say,

Sherlock.

They should have made more of that show it was awesome.

I really loved the old batman and justice league cartoon from 2001 Paul Dini is the story wizard.

NedroidPrime

Jan 6, 2011
WillN7 said:
FIREFLY sweet jesus I would almost/maybe literally kill to bring that gorram show back.
Oh god this! Seriously, even if recasting is required (but done exceptionally well), or even a change in storyline and characters due to developments in Serenity, but keep the spirit the same.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
Matthew94 said:

Taken before his time.

Father ted is one of the best comedies ever, it would be great if it came back.
Ninja'd again.
Fuck. Always happens. EVERY GOD DAMN TIME!

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
Samurai. Fucking. Jack.

This needs to happen right fucking now.
This, can't finish Samurai Jack but they can show Johnny Test every other hour even though it should've died on ****ing Saturday television when no one watched it. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Chowder were good too.

Also Invader Zim. One of the few reasons I still have streaming service on Netflix.

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
Firefly
Stargate Universe
And the V remake

Other then that some odd ones

Odyssey 5
Prey (old show)

Both only got 1 season, both were shaping up to be something special (IMHO)

Seriously do people GIVE TV shows a chance now a days?

When we're all drowning in crappy 'reality' TV that costs 50 bucks a pop....it's our fault

Still this goes with another debate about RPGs etc - everything is being dumbed down - everything is aimed at the lowest common denominator.

It seems a program can't be 'profitable' it has to be stellar and a ratings winner....and of course sci fi does NOT appeal to the mass market - particularly not good sci fi

...oh and the other problem, people are getting jaded of being burnt out on shows, dangle something in front of us for a while, we start getting invested in the characters and the world - then you pull it for my Big Fat Romania Wedding or Super Smack Down or whatever toot you feel will in 0.5%....so why bother starting a show, enough people think that...it fails..

Take Stargate Universe, they ANNOUNCE the cancellation, then decided not to finish it as it's viewing figures dropped. I know 2 people that didn't even bother to start the show based on that, and of course these things then don't get ported to main stream (non cable I suppose in the USA) channels as everyone knows it has no ending so, no one is interested....

[/rant]

Zay-el

Apr 4, 2011
Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles. Got cancelled just before the final 3 episodes, which were already written out. Much anger was had there.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
I would gladly trade in that ability to prevent everyone else from trying to resurrect firefly and Arrested development.

Also I would give it up to cancel a show that should have never existed in the first place. American Idol being allowed to have 10 seasons when it was not only trash from the beginning, but set the stage to set television back to the 1970s variety/gameshow oversaturation format. You want a tragedy that deserves massive fan outcry, THATS where it should go.

Edit: Foine.. if I have to rez one.. I would like a proper ending to Stargate Universe given its end on a cliffhanger fate.

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
Guh. I can't decide between Firefly and Angel. The ending of Angel was so ridiculously rushed after they found out that they were canceled and had to wrap up EVERYTHING within their fifth season. On the other hand... Firefly.

duowolf

Mar 26, 2011
Space: Above and Beyond. A brilliant show that really deserved more then one season. Espically as it ended on a cliff hanger :(

finiii

Ocelot
Feb 2, 2010
Quantum Leap. There was so much more they could have done.
I wouldn't mind more of A bit of Fry and Laurie either.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
Undergrads, Clone High, or Reboot.

I'd really like to see an ending to Reboot, it sucks that the guy who does Megabyte's voice, Tony Jay, died. I couldn't see anyone else doing the character justice.