"You Know What? You Guys Are Dicks."

Novacain4862

Feb 12, 2009
L4D is I think the highest rate of rage quitters, assholes, fags, and angry mods. I must admit I'm a few of those but idk why. There's been people who I just screwed with until they left because they were just so detrimental to their team. Like once I froze a guy to the ground and surrounded him with boomers.

Chartic

Nov 21, 2008
When I used to play WoW I would get invited to groups just to summon and then get booted for someone else.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
sorry user name taken. said:
i was thinking team America....but instead this o.o

i got it worse on halo 3 and tf2 because i have titties and i'm pretty good =/

''AGHH ITS A GURRLL''

-___-
I'm not like that. Then again, we haven't played tf2 yet lol

Leorex

Jun 4, 2008
i just read every single post.

and while i usaly do not play strategy games online, playing warcraft 3 online was particularly hostel. I can not speak for left for dead. but i can speak for the 360 version of tf2, and i find that about a fourth are grefers.

Rajin Cajun

Sep 12, 2008
AmrasCalmacil said:
Phew. I thought this was going to be a vent thread.

Yes, I've played online games with people I think are absolute dicks and should die, etc. etc.
Infact, I struggle to think of times where I don't hate at least a handful of my groups in WoW.
Same here I was waiting for him to say the Escpaist is full of dicks. I was going to humbly accept that honor unfortunately that isn't the case.

OP: I agree but it is the internet thus it is full of dicks. Most of the time I don't have trouble with online games but occasionally they are ruined by narcissistic teenagers who thing they are God's Gift to Gaming. What is more ironic is when you show how much they suck they claim hacking at the first chance.

Anarchy In Detroit

May 26, 2008
Portal Maniac said:
I just took out my Left 4 Dead and popped it in. I thought I would enjoy a nice game of killing some Louis as a smoker. Evidently, I was wrong.

I did a quick join into 3 different games, and within 5 seconds I was booted from both of them. Had I done anything wrong? Had I spawned? Had I even said anything yet? All of them no.

So I ask you, Escapists. Have you ever played with people who are absolute dicks and should go die in a fire?
Yep. The classic case that comes to my mind was when I apparently stumbled into a game with skinheads on Rainbow Six Vegas. Woohoo, what entertaining company. Of course by "entertaining company" I mean the human equivalent of that liquid in the bottom of the garbage bag. My name is El Chupacabra so obviously I got along with them pretty well for the whole 2 minutes I was allowed in the room.

Another time that comes to mind was on World at War when I came in first after being the worst player for a few games. I sarcastically said something like, "Haha you guys wish you as good as me!" Everyone who was in the room for the last few games with me knew I was joking but this kid would just not let it go that his kill ratio was higher. That devolved into shit talking for about 40 minutes.

Birras

Jun 19, 2008
Something exactly like this has happened to me, just ask fellow Escapists Spartan Bannana and Bling Cat, but one time that sticks out in my mind was a matchup in WoW. It was a 4-man party, one tank, two DPS, and one healer. The tank spent pretty much the entire time begging me to turn the loot options to free-for-all because he 'wasn't getting enough drops' despite getting the exact same amount as the rest of us. And then he quit after a single wipe, which was because of a bad pull that he made. And yet we moved so much more efficently when I was repositioned to tanking.

DinosaurSnack

May 8, 2009
If you play or have ever played Xbox Live the automatic answer to that question is yes. Though sometimes I understand why people want to be a douche to me or report me for cheating. It's just that I am so damn good (my usual K/D ratio is about 5 or greater to 1) and lucky. I will share one of my personal favorites of my luckiness when playing CoD4 as an example.

On Crash heading towards the Opfor spawn there is a guy sniping in the little allyway in the dumpster. I come around the corner a claymore is set off I somehow side step it, switch to my pistol after he emptied about half a clip of a M4 my way all missing, and shoot him in the head. I was then greeted by a message from him saying 'Reported'. I asked what exactly that meant and what I did wrong but he would not answer.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Yes it happens all the time. But every now and then you'll get the "diamonds in the rough" if you will. Those are the few players who will just play the game as a team like it should be. I'm talking about really any teamed based games here not just L4D or Team Fortress 2.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
And here I was thinking that some girl was gonna rant about how all men are dicks and prepared to respond:

"Well, they do have dicks."

Anyway, that's unfortunate. They probably just didn't want another person with them, maybe they've had bad experiences with "random 4[sup]th[/sup] guy."

Samuel Adams

Apr 16, 2009
On the sven co-op mod for half life, I joined a server and got kicked as soon as I joined. I joined again, kicked before I could say anything. Both times could not say anything got kicked for no reason. 3rd time I joined, I got banned. It said the reason why and the reason was for joining. WHY INTERWEBS!!! RAGHH!!

SomeUnregPunk

Jan 15, 2009
I play COD4 every now and then just to hear the commentary during multi-play.
It's funny to hear people rage or say some of the stupidest things I have heard yet.

I will admit I do try to instigate at times just for a laugh. But mostly I don't hear many people talk in game. Even during the hardcore games. People just like to wait and snipe each other.
[edit]
my rep says 100% people avoid me. how does that translate in finding games?

Boxmeister

Jun 27, 2009
Man, I can't tell you how many time I've been blamed for some random dillhole bleeding out on Gears and blaming me because I didn't get to them *@&$ing fast enough.
Then the next round when they get hit I hump them to death for the kicks :p
They get angry, and I laugh. I figure it's a good enough trade-off.

PauL o_O

Feb 15, 2009
It's because you are a cursed child and they all hate you! It's impossible for them to have a legitimate excuse, they are immediate douches. Sorry for being a troll, but just host your own game if people need to get their own friends in.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I don't play in private games and I don't talk at all on my headset, so I haven't been kicked at all. I do get pissed, however, when people quit because they are getting their asses kicked by me. It happens every other game it seems in CoD:WaW. All of a sudden the screen goes gray with "Host Left The Game" up at the top. I don't think I'm going to renew my Live subscription.

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
lullabykid said:
Yes, here let me educate you.
I spent 4 of my high school years as a lifeguard and in those years I had to save a number of people. You see when saving a drowning victim the first thing they will do is grab you and literally pull you under the water to survive.

What point am I trying to make? Through all our fake selfless exterior where we help old ladies across the street and such is one objective and that objective is to get what we want. It doesn't matter who you hurt directly or indirectly to get it. People are shit and that does not exclude me or you. Accept and move on.
Thats funny, because I almost drowned myself once saving a kid. People panic. If they were thinking about what they were doing they wouldn't try to drag you under so they can get air.

Eh on topic. An admin threatened to ban me from a CoD4 server today because I was leading on kills on the SAS, so I must have been hacking. Nevermind that the Spetsnaz had guys with higher numbers of kills than me.