"You Know What? You Guys Are Dicks."

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Portal Maniac said:
squid5580 said:
I am going to offer a counter arguement here. Maybe just maybe it had nothing to do with you personally. Maybe they wanted to play with friends. Maybe since you didn't say anything they thought you didn't have a mic and didn't want that hassle. Maybe one of them recognized your handle from another game and thought you were a "dick". They could have let you into the match played for a little while then booted you. That is being a dick. Booting you before the game starts isn't.
I was playing on the 360 (Since I have 0 computer skill) so they could have easily set it as a friends only match. They can't blame me for joining if they set it as a public match. And why would they boot me even because of a mic if I hadn't had a chance to speak yet? And it is a dick. My connection sucks, so it takes a while to find a server that can support me. And then they would have booted me for a reason.

Anyway, I'm probably not thinking clearly. I blame idiots in general.
You answered your own question. Your shitty connection affects thier connection and on the 360 you can clearly see when someone joins who has a low ping. And when someone who has a low ping in a game people just teleport around and can't be killed. It isn't fun for anyone. Maybe next time you should try hosting your own game and try to find people with a connection similar to yours.

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
The internet is full of jerks. I personally know a few people who are very nice IRL, but when they get on the anonymous internet, they act like complete assholes. Often on purpose. One of them told me that it's his way of blowing off steam so he doesn't act like a dick IRL when it matters.

arc101

May 24, 2009
It;s just the sad pricks that don;t have girlfriends all social lives and spend all fucking day on games, planning each and every mother fucking move and then get pissed off becasue you decide 'you know what? I might play this game i've got' that are dicks... but they don;t annoy me at all

Ginnipe

May 25, 2009
Portal Maniac said:
I just took out my Left 4 Dead and popped it in. I thought I would enjoy a nice game of killing some Louis as a smoker. Evidently, I was wrong.

I did a quick join into 3 different games, and within 5 seconds I was booted from both of them. Had I done anything wrong? Had I spawned? Had I even said anything yet? All of them no.

So I ask you, Escapists. Have you ever played with people who are absolute dicks and should go die in a fire?
If you don't have a Mic then I could see why, If you did and you name has the word Commander, Sargent, Privet, General ext. then they think you're a 5 year old douche because thats what most people are when their name has one of those words in it. Other than that they were probalby waiting for someone and weren't smart enough to make it a friends only lobby.

Chaos scorch NL

Oct 27, 2008
pretty much most people in this world are shit especially when there french and can't speak english but I tend to not be annoyed by it, I rather just throw more shit at them and actually enjoy then want them to burn in hell because then I wouldn't be able to make funn of them anymore

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Oh god yes. I will never forget the time I was playing a round of Half-Life 2 Deathmatch (Valve's least interesting and most populated by morons game so far) when some new guy joined the server I was playing. I greeted him in the usual way by sending a folding chair through his head. He then remained dead (In HL2 Deathmatch you only respawn when you click the mouse) and spent the next half hour using voice chat in the worst possible way to spew out sentence after sentence of ignorant, bigoted, homophobic, anti-semitic, and otherwise incredibly obnoxious verbal sewage. Imagine every person on Earth who fits into the Generic Xbox Live Player stereotype. Now imagine they got together with a bunch of rednecks and Neo-Nazis and wrote a book. It sounded like this worthless piece of refuse was reading out of this book. He was quite obviously drunk off his ass, too, judging by the sound of his voice--hell, he even admitted the fact while simultaneously making everyone on the server want to hunt him down and send a folding chair through his head in real life. The worst of it was he never bothered to respawn, so the rest of us didn't even get the pleasure of killing him repeatedly--he was clearly a terrible player. It took us quite some time before we could get an admin on the server and have him permanently banned. I have to say, this was the only time I've met someone in-game who I've really wanted to blow away in the real world as well. See, this is why I like bots. Bots don't throw epithets at you that would make Hitler wince. Actual People playing multiplayer often need to die. Or at least never play the game again.

Scarecrow38

Apr 17, 2008
Portal Maniac said:
I just took out my Left 4 Dead and popped it in. I thought I would enjoy a nice game of killing some Louis as a smoker. Evidently, I was wrong.

I did a quick join into 3 different games, and within 5 seconds I was booted from both of them. Had I done anything wrong? Had I spawned? Had I even said anything yet? All of them no.

So I ask you, Escapists. Have you ever played with people who are absolute dicks and should go die in a fire?
Most of the time, those dicks are the gaming elitists I totally despise. Mostly gamers are nice people, sounds like you had some bad luck.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I've been booted from quite a few Left 4 Dead games. Most were for no reason at all, but there were some where the admin kept jumping in front of my rifle and blamed me for it. :\

Then there was that 9 year old kid with the whiney voice... We didn't boot him. Instead we simply refused to revive him when his HORRIBLE ideas got him killed, and then we made fun of him as he screamed at us to come help him (during the final battle of Death Toll on advanced no less).

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
ZOMFG U WER KIKD FRUM DA L4DZ!!!!1!11! CAL DA POLEECE ITZ A AMURGANCEE!!!!!!!!!1!11!!!

Nah but seriously, what do you expect from XBOX LIVE? Just make friends and keep your game friends-only. No friends? Capture a Hobo and play Co-op (be carefull though, a high level hobo can wipe out all your HP using Gust and Pokeballs don't work on them either)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
My controller battery once ran out during a Cod4 match and as I scrambled around my room looking for the spare one, I was kicked from the lobby after about 40 seconds of inactivity.

Still haven't decided if it was fair or not...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
I've had that happen to me sometimes to, but my main problem in L4D are the people who leave their controllers and don't play, their characters just standing there while my team gets ass-raped.
Or the guys who run off ahead of everyone and get themselves and the whole team killed :p

hannarr

Jun 6, 2009
Artemis923 said:
People in WoW BG's can go SCREW. Dicks to the highest degree.
That's because 3/4 of them are morons running around in 0 resil gear who don't actually know what the objective of the BG is.