You know you live in [Blank] when [Blank]!

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I really have to thank whoever makes those signs that go on the side of the road for the inspiration to this topic.

For reference, generally speaking cautionary signs for animals will show a picture of a deer or moose, or say "Deer Crossing" and then have a little extra tag that says some distance.

Today, while driving along an interstate highway, I saw a sign that happened to say
Moose
Stay Alert​
And nothing more. After immediately chuckling to myself, I thought, "Yeah, that's very Vermont."

So, Escapambilidandoes, what are some things that happen to you that you feel are very endemic to your local area?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Oh! This sounds like great fun! I'm in

You know you live in Minnesota when...

Your friend who moved to California is complaining about how cold it is (40 degrees) . I was just walking around in a t-shirt and jeans when we had our really nice warm streak of 40 degrees last week...

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
You know you live in Dundee when every third teenage girl you see is pregnant, or already has a baby.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
Oh! This sounds like great fun! I'm in

You know you live in Minnesota when...

Your friend who moved to California is complaining about how cold it is (40 degrees) . I was just walking around in a t-shirt and jeans when we had our really nice warm streak of 40 degrees last week...
40 degrees is like a nice spring breeze to us frozen folk of the North.

Imagine how them Canadians must feel as they scoff at us and go outside in shorts in that kind of weather! :D

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
shrekfan246 said:
40 degrees is like a nice spring breeze to us frozen folk of the North.

Imagine how them Canadians must feel as they scoff at us and go outside in shorts in that kind of weather! :D
As my Title suggests, we also had ourselves a Minnesota swim today! 10 degrees outside and we jumped into a frozen lake because fuck it, that's what we do! Fun was had by all :)

Your move Canada...

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
you know you live in australia where something devastating happens and the response from those around you is "she'll be right"

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
You know you're an Illinoisan when it's easier to make a list of politicians who haven't been convicted of corruption than those who have

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
You know you live in the DC Metro Area when a subway is a "metro" no matter where it is.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
you know you live in Australia when you have to go tell dad to kill the snake in the back yard (which is probably poisonous and leathal)

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
You know you live in Argentina when you see someone walking up to you, regardless of age, race, gender or social class and you assume they're going to mug you.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
You know you live in Northern Michigan when you look outside your window and you still see 5 feet of snow on the ground and don't even bat an eye.

Really. No sane person should be okay with living here, but yet we are.

I miss grass, and I don't think I'll see it till May :(

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
You know you're from Michigan when you have all four seasons in one day and can drive through snow.

Though I like the cities mottos more:
Flint: Our crack whores can beat your crack whores
and Detroit: Where the weak and killed and eaten.

Mick Beard

Jan 9, 2013
Vault101 said:
you know you live in Australia when you have to go tell dad to kill the snake in the back yard (which is probably poisonous and leathal)
False!

you know live in Australia when you see a Brown snake in the back yard and you say "poor little tucker" and you leave him alone and go do something else

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
You know you live in Adelaide when you have absolutely nothing to do on the weekend besides watch the footy. Why is there nothing to do here!

Grottnikk

Mar 19, 2008
You know you live in eastern Canada when another driver with the right-of-way lets you out of your driveway and into traffic :)

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
You know you're Australian when you see this above your bed:

Immediately name him Steve or Jensen and talk to it like it's your bro.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
You know you live in Strong Badia when you can unironically say "My baby got stole by a Bear Holding A Shark!"

Okay, fo serious yo...

You know you live in North Carolina when you walk into any store that sells CDs (what are those again?) and they have a display selling Scotty McCreary's latest whatever he's selling.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
You know you live in Missouri when there's a tornado warning going on and all you're thinking is "Damn, this means none of the check-out lanes will be running at WalMart. Better go shopping sometime later..."

Or:

You know you live in Florida when half of your house is wet from rain and the other is perfectly dry.