You know you've been in the escapist for too long when

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Forum games aren't the Wild West. They're forum games. One of the first threads here in off-topic was a forum game. There was literally a forum category in the old forum just for forum games. Nothing about this is against the rules.
Wild West was just stolen edgy forum games with racial slurs. It was no big deal.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Forum games aren't the Wild West. They're forum games. One of the first threads here in off-topic was a forum game. There was literally a forum category in the old forum just for forum games. Nothing about this is against the rules.
Spamming is against the rules. Almost the entire Off Topic page is spam.
And they're not forum games, they're troll post. OP even said he's here until the election is over, or until he gets banned.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Oh you'll be banned and your threads and posts deleted most like. This isn't the first time someone tried to bring back the Wild West and spam the forums
Really? When were the other times? They must've been pretty dang good, it's a shame I can't remember them.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
To refute you? No. I use lightshot, so I can create and crop new images with a click.
Oh you missed the 1 and the 2. Understandable. Math is hard for some people, but don't worry we're here to help. Just take it at your own pace and let me know when you're caught up.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Oh you missed the 1 and the 2. Understandable. Math is hard for some people, but don't worry we're here to help. Just take it at your own pace and let me know when you're caught up.
You're very passive aggressive. Brings me back to the good ol days of this site.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
When I am still waiting for the mods to yell at me.
You won't know it if they do, we don't get notifications of warnings. I've had posts flagged like a week after I made them, and had no idea cuz why would I go back to check?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
When you realise it's been years since you've been Ninja'd.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
When I'm just waiting to see if they are going to delete my stolen threads and ban me or if they are going to make a forum game board.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Oooh. You must feel pretty witty after that one. Quite the strong gotcha you got there.

Here's the thing, though.

And they're not forum games, they're troll post.
This, specifically, is the point being addressed; The claim that these threads are not forum games but troll posts. A claim that you made.

Now, I understand that the need to go for some sort of gotcha can be so strong that it reduces one's cognitive ability to that of an infant simian, so I shall do my best to spell out the argument so that even you may be able, through the arduous process of re-rereading the post, hopefully get up to speed with the rest of us by the time humanity starts colonizing Mars.

I should also mention, that this may seem like a shitpost, but I am actually being quite serious, as this is at the end of the day a discussion about banning a user, perhaps even multiple users, for creating and posting in multiple threads.

Anyway, back to the point. I shall repeat what I said, just to make sure you weren't lost after reading the last paragraph. I would not want you sidetracked, after all.

The claims specifically being addressed is that Marik is trolling by posting troll posts. That the threads he has made are not forum games, but troll posts. That he should be banned because of these threads. That Marik was attempting to bring back the Wild West like others before him. I could ask who those people were, and request examples of threads in V2 wherein an attempt was made to establish a new Wild West but I shan't, because I understand that I would be putting too much pressure on you asking you to address multiple points. It would be downright cruel of me, after you have amply demonstrated in this thread that you can't follow a single point, that I ask you to follow multiple ones. I don't know if my altruism is unlimited, but it is.

So, to refute the claim that Marik is bringing back the Wild West, I pointed out that forum games aren't the Wild West. You said that these, and I shall stress this to help you, are not forum games.

To show you that these are forum games, I provided visual aid by going back to the old forums and taking pictures, showcasing that the threads being made here are identical to the ones that were made in the old Forum Games forum, thus disproving your claim that these are 1)troll posts, 2)a gunpowder plot to bring back the Wild West.

You replied by drawing a 1. over Off-Topic and a 2. over Forum Games, as though to say that this is off-topic, not forum games. So the goal post has been moved from these not being forum games to this being Off-topic. Your original point was utterly refuted, so you scrambled for some other reason to get Marik banned, while acting as though this is what you have been saying the entire time to save face.If I wanted to, I could leave it at this, because really, it speaks well enough on its own, but since your new goal post is equally without merit, I shall address that too.

Your point would have merit if the new forum had a forum games subforum. If you go back to the main forum directory, you will be able to tell that it does not. Therefore, the questions this poses, to one that wants to partake in forum games, is whether posting forum games in off-topic is permissible.

It is. Nowhere under the new forum rules does it say that forum games cannot be posted in Off-topic. Other subforums have very specific discussion subjects, so one can make the case that you can't post forum games there as it would besides the forum's point. Off-topic, however, is about everything that has nothing to do with the topics the other subforums are talking about. It is a broad enough category that forum games could very well be posted here. And before we enter the riveting philosophical discussion on whether they would be:

Screenshot_197.png

One of the very first threads on this forum, created by one of the mods of this forum, was a forum game. Thereby showcasing that this indeed is, in absence of a dedicated Forum Games subforum, the place for them. Furthermore, when marik created the new forum games, the threads were not closed, and at least one mod partook in them, showing that this is something that is allowed.

Until a forum games subforum is created, and I understand that this rustles your jimmies, this is the place for forum games. There is, furthermore, no actual reason to get Marik banned, despite your deep desire for it to happen. If instead, now, you want to make the point that Marik is spamming whilst claiming that that is totally what you meant the whole time from the start, then I would also point out that posting in threads while staying on topic for them does not constitute as spamming regardless of the frequency of the posting.

This concludes my cross-examination of the evidence, your honour. The prosecution is welcome to update their autopsy report. I look forward to their next attempt at insulting my intelligence while showcasing no signs of it themselves. Have a wonderful day.

TL;DR: Try again.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
When you remember people from the "Old Days" and wonder "Man, whatever happened to that guy?"

Followed by "Then there was that other guy and I hope he never returns"

And finally, when you remember events, like that period when the forums were getting constantly spammed by garbage posts from Central Asia and have no idea what that particular piece of history is still in your brain.

Now...GET OFF MY LAWN!

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
When you remember people from the "Old Days" and wonder "Man, whatever happened to that guy?"

Followed by "Then there was that other guy and I hope he never returns"

And finally, when you remember events, like that period when the forums were getting constantly spammed by garbage posts from Central Asia and have no idea what that particular piece of history is still in your brain.

Now...GET OFF MY LAWN!
When you wonder whether not Danyl ACTUALLY believed that crazyshat or was just trolling us all and check your pets just to make sure they are safe...