You must move to a country that borders your own, forever - which do you pick?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I'd probably pick England and just continuously complain and tell stories of the old country all of the time.
I'm Irish, by the way.
Presumably, my only other options are Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Well since I'm in Canada...nearest nation-by-sea HO!! To Iceland it is! (I don't care if I can't speak a work of the local language)

Orange12345

Aug 11, 2011
Athol said:
Well since I'm in Canada...nearest nation-by-sea HO!! To Iceland it is! (I don't care if I can't speak a work of the local language)
I think it would actually be greenland

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Well let's see Canada or Mexico? Hmm, though one. Do you need to ask? Fucking Canada. For one thing health care, for another no drug cartels.

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
For the sake of this, I'm not going to allow myself the option to cross seas, because I wouldn't really count that as a bordering country. So from England, I can choose either Wales or Scotland.

Scotland, easy. The scenery is more exciting, the accent is less terrible, and Edinburgh is a really nice city. Also, Wales... eugh.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Being Australian, I guess New Zealand is the only logical place to turn. It always seemed to me to be a better country than Aus anyway, so I would have no qualms about it.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Orange12345 said:
Athol said:
I think it would actually be greenland
But I don't want to be a Dane. :(

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
So I can choose between Luxembourg, France, Germany or the Netherlands... I could come up with dozens of reasons why i wouldn't want to go either one of those... I guess i'd pick France because it's close to Italy which is great place to go on holiday.

farscythe said:
. and belgium smells funny..
And you speak funny!

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
I live in the Netherlands so this is a no brainer.
Belgium has pretty much the same language and amazing chocolate, that's all the reason I need.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Either Denmark or Switzerland.

Jynthor said:
I live in the Netherlands so this is a no brainer.
Belgium has pretty much the same language and amazing chocolate, that's all the reason I need.
Not like we'd want you in Germany or anything. :(
But then I'd actually have to put effort into learning German properly.
Then again you do have a lot of heavy metal concerts...

Decisions, decisions.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
tippy2k2 said:
Well....this isn't very difficult :)

I'm an American (Minnesota to be precise)

Mexico: Terribly poor country with a fairly corrupt government and a drug war that is killing thousands.
Canada: Just like America except a little bit more French and has Universal Health Care

Shit, I could hope into my car and be in Canada by the end of the day if I wanted to. See you in Canada eh.

Silly Canada joke time! "So I was looking through the history book and saw that it's supposed to be called CND. However, every time someone asked how to spell it, Canadians would say C eh N eh D eh! and the name stuck!

This is funny , because i'm canadian . And my only choice is the US . I don't know if Russia counts , because it's TECHNICALLY a border , but i choose The U.S. But you know what? No fucking way i'm going to the mainlain of USA , i'm going to ALASKA . Wait could i go to hawaii? That counts right? Hawaii it is.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Australia is an island!

aside from some islands that leaves New Zealand...which seems a very nice place to live

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
BathorysGraveland said:
Being Australian, I guess New Zealand is the only logical place to turn. It always seemed to me to be a better country than Aus anyway, so I would have no qualms about it.
Back at you. Australia and New Zealand don't actually border anything, so I could just as easily say Fiji or somewhere similar.

So Australia it is. I do love it there, despite being a Kiwi.

upgrayedd

Sep 2, 2012
Australia here, Since New Zealand is full of New Zealanders i guess i would have to move to Papa New Guinea and just hope the civil war dies down

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Well I don't exactly have much choice. I'm Scottish so I'm being forced down to...[dramatic pause] England.

[HEADING=1]Noooooooooooooooooooo![/HEADING]

I'm only kidding, I wouldn't mind England, the people I've meant whilst being down there seem like perfectly good people, and I can always have a laugh with the various Englanders in Brovengers chat and the like. I would need to import Irn Bru from Scotland though.

Wdbisl

Nov 17, 2011
From the US so either Mexico or Canada. I think it's obvious I would go with the safety and health care of Canada. I just don't speak French and I imagine that would give me some trouble.