Your animated avater is distracting

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I think gif avatars are great, flashy or not. Why have a single image when you can have multiples ones representing you? It's pretty much your face around here.
LG Jargon said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Vault101 said:
Not to worry Vault- we all love yah and shall always remember your beautiful creations.
I also would like to mention that you're one of the few users whom has a trend going in their Avatar so without that dog... people give you a hard time like when I don't include frappes in mine XD. It's a blessing, and a curse.

Drummodino said:
I love animated avatars, I even learnt how to make them myself (thanks to [user]Caramel Frappe[/user]).
I remember when you were first starting out. You progressed quite quickly and now your Avatars are good quality (plus it's actually in NICE quality without that fuzzy crap you see in most GIFs.) I appreciate you, Aero, Legion, Exius, staika, ect. helping me out in the Avatar Store is a huge 'feels good man' feeling.

tippy2k2 said:
I feel that there are plenty who completely embrace it for good (Caramel Frappe [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Caramel+Frappe] comes to mind).
You should of seen the post i've made about Avatars. I forget what the topic of said thread was... but I went into such detail that it ended up being a paragraph and more of just saying how wonderful/beautiful Avatars are. I got quoted a few times afterwards- people saying that seeing me being all into Avatars to such an extent was a rare sight XD haha.
I always really loved your avatars; you've put so much effort into them, and they make me laugh sometimes (like the FRAPPEQUEST you've got going on now)
Yo I made dat.
tippy2k2 said:
I don't find them distracting at all. While there are those who waste the potential of an animated avatar, I feel that there are plenty who completely embrace it for good (Caramel Frappe [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Caramel+Frappe] comes to mind).
And he'll be wearing it for a whole year! :D

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Kolby Jack said:
<-- Mine I don't think is very distracting, and all it does for personality is paint me as a huge fan of Samurai Champloo, which I am. Legion [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Legion] put time and effort into making it for me for free, so it would be rude of me not to use it now even if I didn't love it anymore (which I do).
I wouldn't take any offence if you decided you didn't want to use it any more. Especially seeing as you have used it for at least ten times longer than the average person I have made one for.

OT: For the first few years on this website I used a static avatar. But since I first used one I have found it difficult to go back to them. I've only done that once briefly but it felt kind of... boring to be honest. Only for my own though, what other people prefer to use is their business.

And let's be honest here. Mine wouldn't be anywhere near as cute if it was static.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I want an animated avatar when I join pub club. Animated avatars are cool, but I feel they have to be a little bigger to be done justice.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
I feel I should post, if only to show off my animated avatar.

OT - They've never bothered me. Then again I don't have ADHD.
That guy with the fly avatar came close though. :p

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Well at least on the anime spectrum mine is neither particularly weaboo or sexual in comprison to others on the site.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Sean Hollyman said:
I love mine. Get to have all 3 JoJo's in one image!
You know, it make me wonder when the series progress further (if they animated ALL of the Joestar chapters), how are you going to fit in eight Joestars characters within a short animated gif?

OT- I'm not one to complain since most of my avatar has been animated gif. I think my first one is the only non animated gif I used (my chracter from Guild Wars). I'm pretty much used to it as in reading the comment and not getting destracted by the users avatars.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
You can barely tell that mine is a gif so I don't think it's high on the distraction scale.

hazabaza1 said:
Yes.
Don't want to be a dick here but if you get distracted from reading short sentences by a small moving picture you have bigger problems to worry about. It's just a neat little feature to let people show off things they like.
Also, this.
I prefer looking at animated avatars, it also makes people more recognisable.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
My Avatar perfectly demonstrates my attitude towards the majority of this sites forum threads. I wouldn't change it for the world.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
jademunky said:
Before I say anything else, let us get it out of the way: yes I know that pressing esc disables them.
YOU LIED TO ME! Escape does nothing!!

THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM ANIMATED AVATARS!!

Kolby Jack said:
Hmmm, I guess mine is a bit flashy, but I've had flashier. Like this!
Why did you stop using this one? It's awesome! I'm laughing over here just watching it. Can I use it? I love Colbert!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I like them, I can always find Redlin and the others that way. It's really not something big enough to complain about imo.

Maybe I should change mine to Alucard licking his teeth from the first episode...

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Sean Hollyman said:
I love mine. Get to have all 3 JoJo's in one image!
You know, it make me wonder when the series progress further (if they animated ALL of the Joestar chapters), how are you going to fit in eight Joestars characters within a short animated gif?

OT- I'm not one to complain since most of my avatar has been animated gif. I think my first one is the only non animated gif I used (my chracter from Guild Wars). I'm pretty much used to it as in reading the comment and not getting destracted by the users avatars.
I'll make it work, somehow.

Or I'll just have an anime Diego Brando gif of him turning into a dinosaur. I can dream!

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Revolutionary said:
Well at least on the anime spectrum mine is neither particularly weaboo or sexual in comprison to others on the site.
On the contrary, I have the sexiest anime avatar on the site. Who doesn't love Joseph.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I love animated avatars, it's mostly how I recognise other users. It can sometimes be distracting, that one that is a bug running around. That's got me a couple of times, now. Otherwise I just find them interesting and I like to sit and watch their sequence. As for my own, I don't know, I just like it.

Seraj33

Jun 18, 2012
Kolby Jack said:
I only get distracted by the excessively flashy ones or the ones that are SUUUUUUPER creepy, like that one with the sheep infinitely splitting in half. *shudders*

<-- Mine I don't think is very distracting, and all it does for personality is paint me as a huge fan of Samurai Champloo, which I am. Legion [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Legion] put time and effort into making it for me for free, so it would be rude of me not to use it now even if I didn't love it anymore (which I do).
The only thing distracting about that picture is that I instantly start singing, "Sharp like the edge of a samurai sword, the metal blade cut through flesh and bone..."

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Nah Gif avatars don't distract me from the post. If anything it makes me want to stop at their post and read it. Though there are some that do annoy me but those are few and far between.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Sean Hollyman said:
Revolutionary said:
On the contrary, I have the sexiest anime avatar on the site. Who doesn't love Joseph.
Balls. I was sorta hoping his name was more along the lines of Jonormous or Jomungous. :C

[HEADING=2]"BLAAAAARGH." - Nigel Thornberry.[/HEADING]​

OT: I like the simple ones that loop smoothly, like Drummodino's, TopazFusion's, Scarim Coral's, Redlin5's, Aerosteam's, Legion's, Caramel Frappe's, TheRightToArmBears's, Daystar Clarion's, tippy2k2's, Fappy's, Vault101's, FizzyIze's, staika's, [Kira Must Die]'s, Hazy992's and, of course, Maxtor's.[footnote]Badoing.[/footnote] I wish I knew how to make them myself, but I'm content with this one; it has its meaning.